Fusion Cauldron: A Proposal

Share your ideas on how to improve Shop Heroes.
Forum rules
Please check other threads before posting a suggestion or providing feedback to make sure that there are no duplicate threads on the same subject. We value your feedback and suggestions and will prioritize those with the most demand, however, please be patient with us as we already have a very packed pipeline for new content delivery. Any feedback that has already been taken into account will result in the thread being locked as further discussions are no longer necessary.
orlanth

Fusion Cauldron: A Proposal

Postby orlanth » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:47 pm

One way to improve the choke point with fusion requirements would be to allow players to purchase a second cauldron and upgrade it. Adding a second cauldron would double fusion throughput as a maximum effect, but would not require any changes to the fusion mechanics or programming. A second cauldron would have modest constraints as another piece of furniture in the shop and requiring gem upgrades to full size. Adding a cauldron would help keep fusion processing more in balance with crafting production.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: Fusion Cauldron: A Proposal

Postby Shiroe » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:06 am

The problem with all "make fusion faster!" proposals: say that would enable you to get your desired legendary/mythical gear twice as fast, what would you do after you finish that quicker?
The problem is that the game still has no post-"fuse your super duper gear" content in place other than "collect/master all blueprints", so until such content is in place Cloudcade doesn't exactly have much incentive to make fusing much quicker, since quicker fusion would probably effectively make players quit the game quicker ("finished" it) than slow fusion (ragequit)... ;-(
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Tkshowers
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Tkshowers » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:36 am

I think the idea has merit and it would add something to the game for me. A couldron stewing high levels with a second just working on mid/precrafts would still feel like doing something.

alwaysmiddle

Postby alwaysmiddle » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:32 am

Shiroe wrote:The problem with all "make fusion faster!" proposals: say that would enable you to get your desired legendary/mythical gear twice as fast, what would you do after you finish that quicker?
The problem is that the game still has no post-"fuse your super duper gear" content in place other than "collect/master all blueprints", so until such content is in place Cloudcade doesn't exactly have much incentive to make fusing much quicker, since quicker fusion would probably effectively make players quit the game quicker ("finished" it) than slow fusion (ragequit)... ;-(

Overall it's very reasonable to assume the devs would not have much incentive to provide to players to "finish" content faster. But IT IS NOT THE CASE, after some calculations, especially with "+10 mythics endless feature". Lets take a look at an example, to fuse +10 item mythic, you will roughly need 30million-60million (Due to incomplete data collected atm, but it's mostly within that range) copies of mythic 0. Even fushing lvl 8 item would roughly take single player 40 years to complete.

Now you can make an argument that "You aren't meant to go for +10" or "You could pull community resource together for lower enchantments", these are all valid points. HOWEVER, no one in their right mind would go for anything above +1 on any of the level 50+ gears. It simply takes you multiple life time to complete, even with TWO cauldrons.

Back to original point, "why does dev want to provide incentive for players to fuse faster?" Two reasons:

1.By providing unrealistic fushion time, the game provide disincentives to continue anything beyond level 50+ items. With 50+ items, 6-9 days each fuse are common, most players would've quit fusing anything above after mulitiple fuses. Ironically, the game's most desired skills are all locked behind 50+ items and chests, those are contents "wasted". The very end-game contents are there for more grinding, but most people choose to ignore them since they are so un-obtainable.

Without contents, player will quit, ironically, those players who made it to this point most likely would be paying players. Now that Cloudcade has branched out to other regions and cultures, their next step to improve the game's revenue would be making additional meaningful content.

2.There aren't enough gold sinks in the game, this would be a perfect opportunity to do it on. With none-stop production of gold generated by players, essentially, gold will continue to de-value. This phenomenon will lead to polarization of currencies, gems will be worth way too much gold. This causes F2P player getting the gold they need fairly quickly after unlocking key BP (invicibility potions) due to in-game gem rewards, they then will exchange very few gems for MASSIVE gold, then they themselves would soon stop needing gold joining ranks of gold generators, causing more inflation of gold. On the flip side, the paying players without perfect information would find this game being VERY expensive, as all gem-spending options are created static (500 gems = 10million LUL?, 500 gems market value right now is around 5G, 500 times over).

IT IS in dev's interest to create a gold sink to speed up fushion times for anything pass level 50 (This is where I subjectively think it's unacceptable, some people may argue level 45 would be the unreasonable point)

Mitrax
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Mitrax » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:10 am

Shiroe wrote:The problem with all "make fusion faster!" proposals: say that would enable you to get your desired legendary/mythical gear twice as fast, what would you do after you finish that quicker?

Upgrade to +10 :lol:

The new upgraded Slots are awesome. But i cant understand, why mysthical is still not 100% success! This sucks a lot. And calculation of fusions is shown wrong. For example:

I got 5 of 30 times the mythical dump. Never the targetet legendary. Thats pritty sucks! Repair the fusion caldron!

The time to make usefull stuff with skills at mythical are awesome and boring. And mythical over a week with a success of 63% (i lost 1% after last update) are not acceptable!

We all need better chances to get mythical for the skills, less time for fusion to have any chance to play as we want to play (full revive, support, speedrunner). At this time i would need to fusion more than 1 year to get such teams. All diamonds are needed to get key and chest for new recipes, upgraded slots and so on.

Regards
Mitrax

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:27 am

Mitrax wrote:And calculation of fusions is shown wrong. For example:

I got 5 of 30 times the mythical dump. Never the targetet legendary. Thats pritty sucks! Repair the fusion caldron!

Arty at viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8976 seems to say that it looks like the duplicate right now doesn't affect the percentages (only the success chance), so to get the current real percentages, you'd need to put the 4 items in a fusion calculator/unupgraded fuse slot to check.

with a success of 63% (i lost 1% after last update) are not acceptable!

:trollface: Based on common sense of the percentage progress for 2-5 slots filled, that's actually 62.5% rounded up for display. ;)

We all need better chances to get mythical for the skills, less time for fusion to have any chance to play as we want to play (full revive, support, speedrunner). At this time i would need to fusion more than 1 year to get such teams. All diamonds are needed to get key and chest for new recipes, upgraded slots and so on.

Hmm, needing the gems for blueprints, so you have more different things of similar level to speedup fusion and then at that end going "aww, upgraded fuse slots slow down my fusing, since I can only put in 4, not 5, different items". ;) (I myself am way too short on useful lvl 47+ items to throw more than 3 different in at the same time...)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Mitrax
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Mitrax » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:23 pm

Shiroe wrote:
Mitrax wrote:
with a success of 63% (i lost 1% after last update) are not acceptable!

:trollface: Based on common sense of the percentage progress for 2-5 slots filled, that's actually 62.5% rounded up for display. ;)

The "King's Statue" effect has gone or?

Thx for " Arty at viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8976 " . Havent seen the Thread. Hope they will fix it as fast as possible.

Maydae
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Maydae » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:51 am

Off topic but addressing a previous comment here and the general head space of some of the end-game players... I remember the days when you would buy a video game, play it, finish it then either start over agaik or move onto something else. I am not sure why people expect mobile games to be any different. If you have mastered all of the blueprints, have all of the quest trophies and have your "super duper gear" as a previous poster mentioned, what makes you think that the developer has some sort of obligation to you to come up with something else for you to do in perpetuity? SMH

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:00 am

Maydae wrote:Off topic but addressing a previous comment here and the general head space of some of the end-game players... I remember the days when you would buy a video game, play it, finish it then either start over agaik or move onto something else. I am not sure why people expect mobile games to be any different. If you have mastered all of the blueprints, have all of the quest trophies and have your "super duper gear" as a previous poster mentioned, what makes you think that the developer has some sort of obligation to you to come up with something else for you to do in perpetuity? SMH

Unfortunately the business model is different. Instead of the box of carrots at the end (hey, you paid for that) of games in the past, you now in the freemium world are running after that carrot on a stick forever-ish, only allowed to grab that carrot if/when they replace it with "carrot on a stick mark II". :|
(and we're still waiting on that post-fusion "mark II" carrot. (content beyond being able to run horns quest well)

Maydae
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Maydae » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:13 pm

The business model is expected to be different... Doesn't mean that it should be that way nor does it justify the cries of outrage, frustration and indignation that a game developer is not living up to your expectations. I stand by my comment that CC does not owe anyone additional content. They created a great game that many people love. I don't get why people think they are therefore obligated to meet ever increasing expectations.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”