Elligibe gear preview and stats window.

Share your ideas on how to improve Shop Heroes.
Forum rules
Please check other threads before posting a suggestion or providing feedback to make sure that there are no duplicate threads on the same subject. We value your feedback and suggestions and will prioritize those with the most demand, however, please be patient with us as we already have a very packed pipeline for new content delivery. Any feedback that has already been taken into account will result in the thread being locked as further discussions are no longer necessary.
Daemian

Elligibe gear preview and stats window.

Postby Daemian » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:58 am

Hi everyone,

so, I don't know if there's any post about this already. If there is, please refer it to me so I can delete this one :-D

1) Am I the only one who thinks having to remove gear to see which weaponry/gear/accessory they're elligible to? I thought that, maybe, the creators could include the pics (rods, maces, spears, bows, etc.) above the slot.

Shiroe wrote:Well, it's the problem of having a UI that has to scale from a big PC monitor to a 4" phone...

1b)How about adding the option Hide/Display in the options menu, along with the availability to see the damage / breakability of the item from the inventory list instead of having to go to the equipping tool so people can decide whether they want to see it or not.

2) It would be really great if they could also include the +/- X and +/- Y for both dmg and % breakability depending on what's equipped. I know the latter's not truly necessary as one can simply look at it but it would save some time overall.

3) Additionally, could it be possible to include a window on the items crafted to see their DMG/%breakability. Having to unequip things in order to see how powerful (or weak) they are takes away most of the fun, too.

Thank you for reading. Any feedback or tweaks to this would be welcome, too :D

Shop you around!
Last edited by Daemian on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

Richard
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: Elligibe gear preview and stats window.

Postby Richard » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:43 am

Funny thing is the hero equipment screen actually used to show what the hero could equip in each slot, along with it's affinity without having to remove the gear -- the information appeared below the slot. This was removed in the future and replaced with showing the gear's break chance.

Here's a really old screenshot of what I'm talking about:

Honestly, as convenient as it would be to provide that information again, I don't see it making a return simply because of how crammed the UI already is but if they could work in back in somehow that would be great. Alternatively, you can just click/tap and hold on the hero's model when on the equipping screen to bring up their introduction menu which displays all the equipment they can wear and the gear's affinities.
Kong: TheCongressman | Reddit: Zesty_Hamburger | In-Game: Richard#73188 | Shop Heroes Discord Server | Shop Heroes Data Spreadsheet

Retep
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Retep » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:44 am

Richard wrote:Alternatively, you can just click/tap and hold on the hero's model when on the equipping screen to bring up their introduction menu which displays all the equipment they can wear and the gear's affinities.

Wow, I actually didn't know that lol, thanks!

Feone
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Feone » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:02 am

They should just add those back below, above or elsewhere in/near the slot. An informative & efficient but crammed UI is much better than requiring a bunch of clicking to get useful info.

People can tell when I'm playing Shop Heroes just by the clicking noise...

There's an enormous list of issues with the UX ranging from "Could be better" to "Textbook design 101 NEVER EVER do this" A little clutter wouldn't even register.

litari
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby litari » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:53 pm

Retep wrote:
Richard wrote:Alternatively, you can just click/tap and hold on the hero's model when on the equipping screen to bring up their introduction menu which displays all the equipment they can wear and the gear's affinities.

Wow, I actually didn't know that lol, thanks!

Im lvl 56, 150G in NW, in a top 10 city (fame), played for over a year, spent hours upon hours tweaking my spreadsheets, follow the forum and I had NO IDEA! Super convenient, thank you! :D
In-game: litari#54358, First knife crafted: 22/03/16, City: Eolythes, Level: 57, NW: 264.8G, Items unlocked: 582, Packs owned: 2 (sig updated: 17-09-17)

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:41 am

Feone wrote:They should just add those back below, above or elsewhere in/near the slot. An informative & efficient but crammed UI is much better than requiring a bunch of clicking to get useful info.

People can tell when I'm playing Shop Heroes just by the clicking noise...

There's an enormous list of issues with the UX ranging from "Could be better" to "Textbook design 101 NEVER EVER do this" A little clutter wouldn't even register.

Well, it's the problem of having a UI that has to scale from a big PC monitor to a 4" phone...

But it's a bit annoying to have to know the semi-secret long-taps/clicks in the right places to get to certain info/features, such as long-taps/clicks on precraft slots to ignore precrafts [of higher quality] you already have in your inventory or in this case the long-tap/click on the character picture to get to:
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

WingDingo
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby WingDingo » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:02 am

No new functions. Just standardizing the UI.

Daemian

Postby Daemian » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:25 am

Hi there again,

I see this is getting some propmtly responses (compared to other forums I've been to).

I completely agree on the point you're presenting: it looks packed if it's on a 4" screen. Then let me suggest the following:

How about adding the option Hide/Display in the options menu, along with the availability to see the damage / breakability of the item from the inventory list instead of having to go to the equipping tool.

Shop you around!

Retep
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Retep » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:44 am

Shiroe wrote:But it's a bit annoying to have to know the semi-secret long-taps/clicks in the right places to get to certain info/features, such as long-taps/clicks on precraft slots to ignore precrafts [of higher quality] you already have in your inventory

Wow! Yet another thing I did not know lol, thanks :D

litari
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby litari » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:30 pm

Retep wrote:
Shiroe wrote:But it's a bit annoying to have to know the semi-secret long-taps/clicks in the right places to get to certain info/features, such as long-taps/clicks on precraft slots to ignore precrafts [of higher quality] you already have in your inventory

Wow! Yet another thing I did not know lol, thanks :D

+1! anyone got any more of them tps? this thread is a gold mine!
In-game: litari#54358, First knife crafted: 22/03/16, City: Eolythes, Level: 57, NW: 264.8G, Items unlocked: 582, Packs owned: 2 (sig updated: 17-09-17)

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”