How to PVP 101

Share strategies, experience and tips & tricks.
akerson
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Re: How to PVP 101

Postby akerson » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:37 am

Sillvestra wrote:How do you recommend gearing for PVP.

Do you go for 0% where possible to reduce natural breakage chances or use higher level epic/leg/myth gear to provide bigger power but with low break chances?

higehst power under 5%, personally. Preferably under 3% if the difference isn't great.

As for lorelei, I like flurry but I ahven't played enough with her to give a real evaluation
"I believe the forum ban was deserved, as he has been out of line, and warned.

I believe a permanent game ban was out of line."

-Abqu

Aeres

Postby Aeres » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:35 pm

When running such low break % is Louca even worth it? I have been trying the teams (and had lots of success), but I rarely have an item break (with item breaks between 0-5 %) which results in Louca being useless.

Retep
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Retep » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:09 pm

Aeres wrote:When running such low break % is Louca even worth it? I have been trying the teams (and had lots of success), but I rarely have an item break (with item breaks between 0-5 %) which results in Louca being useless.

Right sry, I've been doing it for so long I took it for granted that everyone knew, but running a breakbuff team you want every hero to be wearing 1 piece of gear that is 100% breakable (typically a level 1-5 common), which is why I mentioned you won't have the 25% optimal set bonus in that kind of a team and can therefore get away with higher power items, even if they have a bit higher break chance.

If you have heroes that are low enough level that they cannot get a 100% breakable piece of gear, you can either use like 2-3 70%+ breakables for high likelihood of breaking one, or just run 1 70%+ breakable and hope it breaks (more base power but less consistent). I think the 2x 70-99% breakable approach is better, louca's buff is just so good in conjunction with Fiora. Or, of course, you could always just run a non-breakbuff team until your heroes are high enough level.

internetz
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby internetz » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:47 pm

tinyurl shortlink to this thread for ingame chat posting:

tinyurl.com/sh-area101

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:59 am

internetz wrote:tinyurl shortlink to this thread for ingame chat posting:

tinyurl.com/sh-area101

Typo? Missing a "n"?
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

internetz
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby internetz » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:45 pm

lol, yeah, :/ fixed.

tinyurl.com/sh-arena101
now also goes here :P

at0297

Postby at0297 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:43 am

Thank you veruymuch for the gude! I'm relatively new to fighting, so this comes very handy, but I'm struggling to understand some of the concepts... For example, in your last fight, you say:

Another anti-debuff team, with the added B-tier Lancaster! He's likely not odetting because she's not present, so i just assume this is buff, buff, buff, anti-debuff, buff. Anti-debuff team means we run buff, and we run the fran version thanks to that louca.

So, if it's 4 buffs and one anti-debuff, how does it make this an anti-debuff team? Just because Oneira is there?
After you've decided what role each of the team members is playing, how do you decide the type of the whole team?
So for example, a team with 2 buff, 2 debuff, 1 anti debuff... what is it? does it depend on the specific heroes used?

When you build your anti-buff and anti-debuff teams, you use three buff in positions 1,2 and 5, and fill the rest with either anti-buff or anti-debuff. I'm sure it's an optimal strategy, but can you please explain the thinking behind it? Does it have to do with the interactions between your team members, the expected response from the opposing team or both? Why not make them fully anti-buff or fully anti-debuff?

I've been practicing your strategy in the arena with mixed success, and have struggled to identify the team types. Would you mind giving advice on specific team builds I have encountered? In order from slot 1 to 5:
- Louca, Mojian, Darthos, Alicia, Lorelei (DB DB B B DB)
- Alicia, Louca, Charles, Lorelei Mojian (B DB ?? DB B)
- Edward, Mojian, Louca, Kuro shobi, Alicia (B DB DB DB B) I used ADB and lost
- Kuro Shobi, Edward, Azula, Francesca, Louca (DB B ADB AB B) don't know what I used, won
- Kurul, Azula, Francesca, Louca, Kuro Shobi (DB ADB B DB DB) used ADB and lost
- Gauvin, Irene Minh, Albert, Mila (B DB DB B DB) used ADB and lost
- Theor, Fiona, Louca, Azula, Kurul (DB DB DB ADB DB) used ADB and won
- Mojian, Louca, Kuro Shobi, Azula, Alicia (DB DB DB ADB B) used ADB and won
- Theor, Fiona, Louca, Azula, Kurul (DB DB DB ADB DB) used ADB and won
- Mojian, Louca, Kuro Shobi, Azula Alicia (DB DB DB ADB B) used ADB and lost
- Mojian, Kuro Shobi, Alicia, Fiona, Louca (DB DB B DB B ) used ADB and won
- Alicia, Louca, Charles, Lorelei, Mojian (B DB ?? DB DB) used ADB and lost
- Mojian Edward, Alicia, Louca, Kuro Shobi (DB B B DB DB) used ADB and lost

So I seem to mostly be encountering Debuff teams, against which I use Anti-debuff as per you guide, but with very mixed results... can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I'm currently at rank 17, but I have reached rank 23 in the past... I used to have a team with lancaster in slot 1, then francesca somewhere in 3-5, and I don't remember who else. The last three fighters would get super powerful through magic, or maybe the opponents 3-5 became very weak, I don't remember. But I breezed through up to level 23. Then, more powerful fighters became available in my city, so I broke off my team thinking better fighters would increase my performance... and I've been losing ranks ever since. If I was able to get to 23 with mostly tier 2 fighters, I should be able to get back there with more powerful ones, right???

Sorry if I seem lost, the fact is that I am! Any clarifications/insight will be very welcome.

Return to “Strategy & Guides”