Why I feel it is time for me to move on.

Post your fan creations, streams, off-topic, and the like!
cc_Tadaaah
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: Why I feel it is time for me to move on.

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:03 pm

Shiroe wrote:
TheGreatCaramon wrote:I think you are mistaken my good sir. Chest recipes are so overpowered that you would not believe it, yet they have gotten stronger and stronger. At the same time it was said that free to play players would get them with the roulette. This was an outright lie, as I haven't gotten a single key in over 150 rolls and I would need 5 to get a fair chance of a recipe. Furthermore it would not be hard to let people get some keys. Increase the drop rate on the roulette, make it a rare drop in dungeons, there are so many ways that could be implemented with next to no work to provide them to the players, but instead of choosing just one of them as a temporary solution they have chosen to make it even more essential that you invest money to get the recipes. This is so purely P2W and greedy behavior that it can't be excused with they may have been focused on other things.

The images at http://shop-heroes.wikia.com/wiki/Quest_Guide lead me to believe keys are a quest drop, just very low probability. Or are those images outdated?
I'll be keeping an eye on what 4th wheel they add at global release to see if free(ish) players get a decent car or a Trabant... ;)

About temporary solutions: the problem with those is that it's highly probable that such a quick fix for a problem right now would not balance well with whatever missing features Cloudcade is building as planned by them to add in there and then they probably would need to remove the quick fix again; a bit of a waste of investment and that would probably then lead to "why did you remove that fix?" grumbling...
(and a cludgy quick fix might also throw noise into the data they are gathering from this beta period)

They seem to be working on part of the chest recipes problem in a less bandaid way:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=506#p3178

I think Cloudcade's biggest flaw is not communicating the "beta" of "open beta release" clearly enough.

Those images in the Wiki are likely from an early stage in beta, but they are correct! You can receive chest keys from dungeon questing. They are rare drops with higher level dungeons and bosses having a higher probablity.

To the next paragraph: Nail on the head, Shiroe! We don't just want to put a bandaid on features, but create long lasting solutions. Solutions that may not be just for a few months but last for years.

We can ask about putting a note in the app description that this is still prior to global release.

TheGreatCaramon

Postby TheGreatCaramon » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:32 pm

cc_Tadaaah wrote:To the next paragraph: Nail on the head, Shiroe! We don't just want to put a bandaid on features, but create long lasting solutions. Solutions that may not be just for a few months but last for years.

My point is that I do not expect the game to be perfect, yet you keep focusing on features that makes the game even more P2W, instead of features that make the game more balanced. The complaints about box recipes have been out there for months, but you keep making features that make them even more powerful while not doing a single feature to actually make them obtainable. The Roulette is a lie that helped you claim you had done it for a couple of months before we found out just how bad you made the drop rates and that chances for getting a recipe is 0%.

Techgamer

Postby Techgamer » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:35 am

Honestly, while I understand most of your complaints, Shop Heroes isn't even remotely at the growth point where Cloudcade can sustain itself through cosmetic sales and such alone. What you call P2W is what I'll call a necessary evil for them to be able to fund further development.

The thing I really do like about the game is that everything in the game except the class pack items are able to be earned by F2P players, even if it's a bit of a pain. Sure people paying money to mass open chests are going to get a lead, but in the end, until some sort of advisarial pvp system gets added, there is absolutely no penalty to you if a paying player dumps money in and passes you. Sure there's the pride of placing first and such, but honestly, only one person/city can have that honor and I don't think it's that upsetting to be the underdog.

TLDR: I don't necessarily like what P2W is in, but I understand exactly why it needs to be in.

loll

Postby loll » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:47 am

screenshot all post by staff and other things so that there will always be a way to hold them accountable for anything. Get an app like puush ( http://puush.me/ )

Retaeiyu
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Retaeiyu » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:05 am

loll wrote:screenshot all post by staff and other things so that there will always be a way to hold them accountable for anything. Get an app like puush ( http://puush.me/ )

Careful, this is most likely against the forum rules.
Retaeiyu#50373

loll

Postby loll » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:00 pm

Retaeiyu wrote:
loll wrote:screenshot all post by staff and other things so that there will always be a way to hold them accountable for anything. Get an app like puush ( http://puush.me/ )

Careful, this is most likely against the forum rules.

I read them to be sure. Ive been banned from games where I've spent 200x more momeyfor speaking my mind against the owners. Justice has no price. All companies should be held accountable for what they say, and not allowed to just delete a post And hide it, allegedly.

So screen shot. Simple fix. I posted a link to an app that does exactly that. The only way I'd violate a rule is the "company needs to keep a good image and you are giving advice how to point out our pimples and blemishes"

I do not fear punishment for freedom of speech. Death before dishonor!

cc_Tadaaah
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:00 pm

We'll let this link slide. Typically, links shouldn't be posted as they usually directly promote another app or company. Please keep in mind these forums are our official company forums and you will be expected to follow the Forum Rules and Guidelines posted.

Return to “Community Tavern”