Shop Heroes riddle!

Post your fan creations, streams, off-topic, and the like!
Lionstar
"Great" Mastery Member

Shop Heroes riddle!

Postby Lionstar » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:51 pm

No Spoilers in comments please!

If you have the answer, you can shoot me a message here or on the discord and I will tell you if you are right or not!

1.) There are 5 different buildings next to each other in which five different heroes reside.
2.) These five heroes have favorite potions and places they like to go to and also each of them keeps a pet.
3.) No hero has the same pet, likes the same potion or goes to the same place.

The question is: Which hero has a pet hamster!?

Clues!

1. Alicia lives in the Tower
  2. Mojian keeps Dragon as a pet
  3. Oneira drinks Draconic tea
  4. The Castle is on the left of the Academy
  5. Castle's owner prefers Elixir
  6. The hero who goes to Ancient ruins has a Raven
  7. The owner of Palace likes to go to Lost labyrinth
  8. The hero living in the middle building loves Energized potion
  9. Azula lives in the first building
  10. The hero who frequently visits Ice palace lives next to the owner of a Wolf
  11. The hero who keeps a Horse lives next to the hero who goes to Lost labyrinth
  12. The hero who likes to visit Pyramid prefers Speed potion
  13. Kurul likes to hang out around Old Tower (Doesn't live there)
  14. Azula lives next to the Inn
  15. The hero who visits Ice palace has a neighboring hero who loves Mana potions

If you manage to solve it you are smarter than 98% of our shop keepers! Congratulations.

WingDingo
"Epic" Mastery Member

Re: Shop Heroes riddle!

Postby WingDingo » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:28 am

I have solved it as it is written. I don't know if some of the wording is inconsistent on purpose and / or to be elusive. When you use words like, "left and right," "next to," "neighboring," and, "first and last," it's best to be consistent and not use all of those options.

"First," could be considered, "furthest left," or "furthest right," and technically be equally correct options if you are sorting left to right, or right to left.
Clue 9 could be interpreted as, "Azula lives in the far right building," or, "Azula lives in the far left building."
I assumed it means, "Azula lives in the far left building."

"Around" does not necessarily mean, "in," or, "adjacent to," but could technically be either, neither, or both.
Clue 13 could be interpreted as, "Kurul likes to hang out in the Old Tower," or "Kurul likes to hang out next to the Old Tower."
I assumed it means,"Kurul likes to go to the Old Tower."

"Neighboring," does not equal, "directly adjacent."
Clue 15 could be interpreted as, "The hero who visits Ice palace has a neighboring hero (of which all heroes that are not the hero in question are technically neighbors) who loves Mana potions."
I assumed it means, "The hero who likes to go to the Ice Palace lives next to the hero who loves Mana Potions."

Retep
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Retep » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:18 am

WingDingo wrote:"First," could be considered, "furthest left," or "furthest right," and technically be equally correct options if you are sorting left to right, or right to left.
Clue 9 could be interpreted as, "Azula lives in the far right building," or, "Azula lives in the far left building."
I assumed it means, "Azula lives in the far left building."

Considering most languages read from left to right, I assume most people would consider the far left building to be the first one.

"Around" does not necessarily mean, "in," or, "adjacent to," but could technically be either, neither, or both.
Clue 13 could be interpreted as, "Kurul likes to hang out in the Old Tower," or "Kurul likes to hang out next to the Old Tower."
I assumed it means,"Kurul likes to go to the Old Tower."

I think it would be kind of difficult to argue "around" meaning "adjacent to" in this context. The instructions said each hero has a place they like to go, it would be awkward interpreting it as something like "kurul likes to live next to the guy who most likes to go to the old tower"

"Neighboring," does not equal, "directly adjacent."
Clue 15 could be interpreted as, "The hero who visits Ice palace has a neighboring hero (of which all heroes that are not the hero in question are technically neighbors) who loves Mana potions."
I assumed it means, "The hero who likes to go to the Ice Palace lives next to the hero who loves Mana Potions."

Maybe this is a cultural thing, but I've always known neighbour to mean the person who lives directly to your left or right (directly adjacent) to you, everyone else is just in the same subdivision or on the same block or just lives close to you.

Anyway, we both made the same assumptions, so it was probably clear enough, but I do agree, the instructions/clues could have been a bit more explicit.

Regardless though, I enjoyed solving the riddle. Thanks Lionstar for putting this together :D

akerson
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby akerson » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:50 am

Literally the only thing that was confusing was first instead of "furthest left". I messaged you earlier but, thanks for the riddle!
"I believe the forum ban was deserved, as he has been out of line, and warned.

I believe a permanent game ban was out of line."

-Abqu

Lionstar
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Lionstar » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:16 am

The wording is sort of part of the puzzle as well. Im not the original creator of the concept but I adjusted it to match the theme with as little negative influence as possible.

Thanks everyone for participating! I will soon try to come up with something new. = ]

Return to “Community Tavern”