The AkerTales: A Journey through Aragonia

Post your fan creations, streams, off-topic, and the like!
akerson
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Re: The AkerTales: A Journey through Aragonia

Postby akerson » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:24 pm

consider this aragonia expanded universe?? they are free to steal it if they want though and make it canon.

akerson

Postby akerson » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:12 pm

hi everyone!! next d&d session will be THIS FRIDAY! Same starting time, somewhere between 8 or 9 PM EST. After this we'll be bi-weekly, but we need to flip the "off week" so we're deciding to run two streams back-to-back rather than wait 3 weeks. Hope to see you then!!! And thank you everyone for all your support, it makes me super excited to pour a lot of effort into making this amazing :D

akerson

Postby akerson » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:34 pm

episode 2 is now up! The group managed to defeat the rat king and recover the shiny gem, but after taking a detour through the sewers they find themselves in quite the sticky situation. How do they get themselves out of this one??

Tune in!

http://www.bit.ly/AT_ep2

WingDingo
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby WingDingo » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:52 am

I finished listening to the second episode this morning. They were both decent adventures. I felt that the first episode held many more nods to Shop Heroes lore. The second episode referenced a lot of what happened in the first episode, but was more like a regular D&D session. I have my speculation that we will be seeing more of the lore soon. If possible, I'd like to request that you drop in a at least one more character or elements into the next session. Keep on having fun!

I don't know if you saw my message in Discord. If it comes to be that you need another player, I'd be interested in jumping into a session if you are falling below 4 players.

akerson

Postby akerson » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:37 am

WingDingo wrote:I finished listening to the second episode this morning. They were both decent adventures. I felt that the first episode held many more nods to Shop Heroes lore. The second episode referenced a lot of what happened in the first episode, but was more like a regular D&D session. I have my speculation that we will be seeing more of the lore soon. If possible, I'd like to request that you drop in a at least one more character or elements into the next session. Keep on having fun!

I don't know if you saw my message in Discord. If it comes to be that you need another player, I'd be interested in jumping into a session if you are falling below 4 players.

Next episode will have more SH characters for sure. At least one, maybe more depending on what the heroes decide to do. And yes I saw it! I added you to "the list" should we want to expand :D thanks for watching wing :D

akerson

Postby akerson » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:56 am

Episode 3 is up! http://www.bit.ly/AT_ep3

The adventurers go back to town to start to piece together exactly what's going on. Another great episode featuring a LOT of shop heroes characters, as well as lots of funny moments!

WingDingo
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby WingDingo » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:19 am

I definitely felt like this was back in the Shop Heroes setting. I want to write out a general summary to make sure I have everything correct so far.

*****SPOILERS*******

An open letter was sent as a call for help, to seemingly anybody, to come to The Village. The players talked briefly on the boat trip to The Village, to each other, mentioning the letters. They all went to talk to the Mayor. The Mayor asked for the players to retrieve an item, of unknown nature, from the Sewers. The players accepted with great hesitation and suspicion. The Mayor requested they not draw attention their quest. The players asked around the Inn and The Village to gather information, but ultimately found nothing useful. The players performed at the Inn, making their presence memorable, then went to the Sewers that night undetected.

The village is patrolled by guards. The players waited until the Sewer entry was out of the guard's sight, and made a poor cover of their break-and-enter. The players were attacked by, and defeated, slime creatures. The players communicated with and followed rats to the Rat King, guarding the Shiny Gem. The players defeated the Rat King, took the Shiny Gem, and made their way back to the Sewer entrance. The way back was sealed off with no way to re-open the path.

Further in the Sewers, the players found a hideout and were ambushed by cultists. A cultist attempted to complete a ritual, but was interrupted. They defeated the cultists and stole some of their clothing. They found a map highlighting a path under the Town Hall and Thief's Guild through the Sewers. One of the players revealed that they have been through the Chaos Gate, demons do not like him, and that the cultists follow a known demon. The other players are mildly suspicious, but carry on. The players find an exit from the sewers and find a clearing in the morning. One player becomes an animal form to scout the area while the other players rest.

The scouting player finds nothing of interest and returns to the camp to find the Chaos Gate player missing, along with the Shiny Gem. The two remaining players have been drugged with a sedative. The 3 remaining players follow tracks through the forest to an attacked merchant carriage being picked at by a wolf and a dire wolf. In animal form, the player scouts closer to see anything of interest, but is frightened away by the wolves before anything can be seen. They follow the path further and come to a cross roads to a Wizard's Tower or where they see tracks leading. They follow the tracks and discover the cultist camp.

One player creates a distraction with the cultists guards, in disguise, while one other player searches for the abducted player. The abducted player is found in a caged cell, and the third player jumps into the fray as a shape-changed Dire Wolf to bring the guards away from the caged cell. The abducted player is freed from a prison cell, and joins the fight. All but one cultist is defeated. The final cultist says he has completed the first part of a ritual for a Demonic Invasion, explodes, and creates a shock-wave in the immediate area. The Shiny Gem does not glow as brightly after the ritual. A player is mortally injured, but is stabilized with a healing potion. The players find a few potions and a map of the area with the Mayor's name highlighted. Everything else seems destroyed from the shock-wave.

The players return to The Village. They overhear villagers talking about the break-in to the Sewers. The players suggest to the villagers it was likely a thief, and the villagers seem to agree. The players go to the Town Hall to report to the Mayor. The players explain what they encountered. The players intimidate the Mayor for a clearer explanation of why they were called to the Village. The Mayor explains that the Sewer encounter was noticed and he had to frame (another) known thief for breaking and entering. Due to this blunder, the Mayor requests the players perform another adventure before he divulges more information. He directs the players to the School of Magic for more information about the Shiny Gem and the Demonic Invasion.

The players encounter a teacher in the School of Magic. She doesn't directly know anything useful, but directs the players to Gloomy Manor. The previous owner of the Gloomy Manor was a collector of artifacts, and mysteriously disappeared. The players visit the apothecary to identify the potions from the Cultist Camp. The apothecary warns the shape-shifter player that the Mayor can't be trusted. The players return to the Inn. They have a musical performance duel. They win, and acquire a magically enchanted instrument. They retire to sleep.

Once again, the Chaos Gate player is missing. One player finds a note indicating that the Chaos Gate player is going to see someone, and if he doesn't return, he is likely dead. Players rush off in all directions, and eventually meet up at the Town Hall. After discussion, they find that someone planted the note, and none of them wrote it. The Chaos Gate player was investigating the Mayor's records and discovered fraudulent and pyramid-scheme-like means of borrowing and paying people in the city. The players decide that in light recent events, it is an opportune time to break into the Thief's Guild while many of Thief guild members are being rounded up due the the Sewer break-in. They find a Cloak of Sneaking.

akerson

Postby akerson » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:09 pm

hey guys, we're going to be doing a stream TONIGHT at 9PM est to make up for a lack of stream next week (because of Easter). Hopefully you can make it!!!

akerson

Postby akerson » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:57 am

episode 4 is up! http://www.bit.ly/AT_ep4

Also of note, this will be the first episode where we have a podcast available. I'm not sure what our release schedule will be for it, but the audio is being edited right now to be a bit more cohesive and concise, hopefully cutting down the length a bit for people.

As always, we'll still have our live twitch streams (where you can come and hang out and comment), our youtube posts (where you can get the content immediately, and have the "raw" experience), and hopefully soon our podcast for those who rather just listen and not watch me not make eye contact with the camera.

Thanks for all the support, and as always I'd love to hear people's feedback about what they like/didn't like <3

WingDingo
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby WingDingo » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:18 am

Session 4 was a mediocre session. It started out uneventfully. I didn't quite follow all of the interaction with Palash. It seemed like he was sort of there... then they convinced him to leave for no particular reason. They found some more information about Marcus in a secret room that was more condemning to Marcus's credibility. And that was the first hour.

The Gloomy Manor was a lot more fun. The music was atmospherically interesting. I thought the interaction with the gardener seemed foreboding and appropriate. The searching of rooms could have been handled a bit better though. At least in the version of D&D that I played, there was a, "spend time doing something," rule where you can assume you run through a bunch of searches instead of going room by room and finding nothing. You can just have the party either stick together or split up, and then give a sort of summary of what they found, then let them decide if they want to interact with it. "You search through all the rooms on the bottom floor. You find a book, a few pictures, and some valuables (insert description of the book and pictures)."

It felt like maybe the DM had planned for players to do certain things that they did not do, and it wandered in an uninteresting way. I feel like you could have cropped down everything to half the time it took or less. Things can reach out a bit more to the players instead of needing them to check the 3rd north west room on the 2nd floor by accident.

Return to “Community Tavern”