Kongregate Issue (With Diagnosis) - Please create or sign into a Kongregate account in order to play

Report a bug or find troubleshooting tips for known issues.
Forum rules
Before starting a thread, please check to make sure that others have not already reported the same issue. When reporting a bug, please try to provide a screenshot and to describe the proper instance in order for us to replicate the issue. After an issue has been confirmed and/or fixed on our end, the topic for it will be locked to prevent further reports. For all payment related issues, please open a ticket at http://cloudcade.helpshift.com to receive immediate support.
daprof

Kongregate Issue (With Diagnosis) - Please create or sign into a Kongregate account in order to play

Postby daprof » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:45 am

First, yup there are still a few of us who play via Kong (via unity webplayer on FF-ESR or Pale Moon) and not sure that side is even being maintained, but....

For the last year or so there has been an intermittent problem where when trying to get in - all we get is the static image that says "Please create or sign into a Kongregate account in order to play". Now usually this resolves itself after a few hours but it seems to happen quite often to many people (according to chat) and happens to me a lot as well.

It turns out this issue is related to the page being served by cloudcade (kongregate.html) and it's use of the JQuery api. On this page the JQuery api is being loaded from ssl-webplayer.unity3d.com (https://ssl-webplayer.unity3d.com/downl ... ery.min.js) and this is being served by some round-robin edge content servers. Not all of these seem to have the JQuery API on them and some of them are returning a 404 error. This in turn is causing the game page not to load either the Webplayer or WebGL version of the game.

I managed to get it resolved personally by adding to my hosts.txt file the ip address of a different unity content server (rather than the one my DNS was returning) and the game came up with no issues.

Now I know the issue itself is actually Unity's problem, but you can link to a different copy of JQuery to fix this particular bug that has been plaguing us few Kong users for awhile.

Return to “Bugs & Issues”