Unable to connect to server

Report a bug or find troubleshooting tips for known issues.
Forum rules
Before starting a thread, please check to make sure that others have not already reported the same issue. When reporting a bug, please try to provide a screenshot and to describe the proper instance in order for us to replicate the issue. After an issue has been confirmed and/or fixed on our end, the topic for it will be locked to prevent further reports. For all payment related issues, please open a ticket at http://cloudcade.helpshift.com to receive immediate support.
Clark_morriz

Re: Unable to connect to server

Postby Clark_morriz » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:34 am

Shiroe wrote:
Clark_morriz wrote:I’ve spent way to much money on the game just to not be able to play it or be notified when maintenance is going to happen and then wen maintenance is undergoing not be told when it will be finshed

Servers are up. How I interpreted it from world chat, yesterday the SSL/TLS certifacate for the game servers expired and at least the iOS version of the app reacted by refusing to connect to the server because of that. They should have installed a new certificate now, so maybe if you still have problems connecting, some caching is going on on your device? Maybe the Microsoft mantra of "when in doubt, reboot [the device]" could help for you? ;)

I can connect normally on both Steam and Android right now.

I tried logging in again then tried resetting my iPhone 7+ then uninstalled the app and re installed it and then tried logging in via Facebook and the Game Center and neither of them will load

Clark_morriz

Postby Clark_morriz » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:13 am

Shiroe wrote:
Clark_morriz wrote:I’ve spent way to much money on the game just to not be able to play it or be notified when maintenance is going to happen and then wen maintenance is undergoing not be told when it will be finshed

Servers are up. How I interpreted it from world chat, yesterday the SSL/TLS certifacate for the game servers expired and at least the iOS version of the app reacted by refusing to connect to the server because of that. They should have installed a new certificate now, so maybe if you still have problems connecting, some caching is going on on your device? Maybe the Microsoft mantra of "when in doubt, reboot [the device]" could help for you? ;)

I can connect normally on both Steam and Android right now.

diana_2002de

Postby diana_2002de » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:38 am

So me and my husband both have the same issue error 4011 no internet connection, I tried everything resetting the game, deleting it and new download, reset the router/ Internet but nothing still not working. But it’s working on my old amazon fire tablet so it’s not the internet. Can somebody pls. Look in to that problem and tell me at least how long it’s supposed to be until the issue is fixed?! I invested a lot of time and money do I really have to walk away from it cause no info over errors like that?! Thanks

Ps wonder if it’s a Apple app issue, it’s not working on any of our I phones or I pads but it’s connecting at my amazon fire tablet sadly that ding is too old to handle the game longer then a min. Before crashing

PeterTheWolf

Postby PeterTheWolf » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:01 am

Same issue here. Tried deleting the app and re-adding it even.

iOS and can’t connect at all with “internet error” like others are getting.

I’m guessing they need to push a new app to the store with the corrected certificate.

Does anyone know if I can log into my iOS version of the game on steam?

Thade

Postby Thade » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:14 pm

I don’t know if this helps, but when I set my iPads date back to Friday 3/16 it lets me log in. Hope this helps figure out the problem

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:58 pm

PeterTheWolf wrote:Same issue here. Tried deleting the app and re-adding it even.

iOS and can’t connect at all with “internet error” like others are getting.

I’m guessing they need to push a new app to the store with the corrected certificate.

Does anyone know if I can log into my iOS version of the game on steam?

Hmm, I then guess they still haven't fixed everything and iOS is I guess more strict w.r.t. apps connecting to sites with incorrect certificates than the other platforms are... :|
The certificate problem probably is only on the server side, so it's unlikely a new app version is needed to fix it.
A game account can have multiple ways to login, such as iOS game center, facebook, Steam etc, but if it's not linked to both game center and Steam yet, then for Steam it would have to be linked by support. Since they are probably low on staff during the weekend and probably now get lots of tickets from people who can't log in on iOS, I wouldn't be surprised if linking to Steam now would take more time than them fixing the problem. :(
(I don't feel like tcpdump-ing my connection and then checking the relevant hostnames and ports for the right, non-expired certs being offered... https://shopheroes.cloudcade.com/ is still sporting the expired cert it seems, though I don't know if the app connects to that host.)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:16 pm

Thade wrote:I don’t know if this helps, but when I set my iPads date back to Friday 3/16 it lets me log in. Hope this helps figure out the problem

Yep, that fakes your device to still be in the certificate's timespan where it was valid.

Note that when they replace it with a new certificate, if that new certificate's "not before"/begins on date isn't further back than the 16th, you'll have the connection bug again until you set the date back to normal. ;)

I guess this certificate is still hanging around on 1 or more hosts the app contacts:

edit: hmm, I don't see a new cert yet at https://crt.sh/?q=cloudcade.com and https://crt.sh/?q=*.cloudcade.com , so unless they switched to a non-wildcard cert for (a) specific hostname(s), it doesn't look like a new cert has been issued to them yet. :( (no certs whatsoever shopheroes.com listed in those certificate transparency logs either it seems)
Last edited by Shiroe on Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Emptamar

Postby Emptamar » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:18 pm

Still having this issue :/

diana_2002de

Postby diana_2002de » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:33 pm

Setting the date back helped me, but I don’t want to have to do that on my phone every time I want to play the game then I will take a break from the game until it’s fixed. But thx for the help

PeterTheWolf

Postby PeterTheWolf » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:23 pm

Kongerate gets this which might shed some light on to the issues.

Your connection is not secure

The owner of shopheroes.cloudcade.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

Learn more…

shopheroes.cloudcade.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate expired on Friday, March 16, 2018, 6:59 PM. The current time is Saturday, March 17, 2018, 6:21 PM. Error code: SEC_ERROR_EXPIRED_CERTIFICATE

Return to “Bugs & Issues”