Unable to connect to server

Report a bug or find troubleshooting tips for known issues.
Forum rules
Before starting a thread, please check to make sure that others have not already reported the same issue. When reporting a bug, please try to provide a screenshot and to describe the proper instance in order for us to replicate the issue. After an issue has been confirmed and/or fixed on our end, the topic for it will be locked to prevent further reports. For all payment related issues, please open a ticket at http://cloudcade.helpshift.com to receive immediate support.
SgtSarros

Unable to connect to server

Postby SgtSarros » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:02 pm

For the pat hour i've been getting this message on steam. I even shut down steam and restarted it. Obviously my internet connection is just fine since I can get here to post so there may be something wrong that needs to be looked at.

Wonderful timing during the weekend raid as well.

Dbltrouble

Re: Unable to connect to server

Postby Dbltrouble » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:10 pm

I have the same issue, I'm on the Iphone 7 plus, what is the issue?

SgtSarros

Postby SgtSarros » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:14 pm

Now it says servers under maintenance. Well, some notice would have been nice.
Last edited by SgtSarros on Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mandlz01
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Mandlz01 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:22 pm

SgtSarros wrote:Now it day servers under maintenance. Well, some notice would have been nice.

Notice may not have been possible. Seems like something went wrong somewhere, so they took things down to fix.
You make it sound as if it's going to be hard
Mandlz#78065

CC_Rain
Cloudcade Staff

Postby CC_Rain » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:31 pm

Hello everyone, we're sorry for the troubles and inconvenience you are experiencing currently. The team is working on workarounds while we fix the certificate issue. One possible workaround you as a user can do is to change the system time on your device to 4PM PST, this may allow you to log back in whole we sort things out.

We will be working on compensation to credit to players for this issue and may adjust our propose event schedule as a result to allow.

~CC_Rain

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:15 pm

CC_Rain wrote:Hello everyone, we're sorry for the troubles and inconvenience you are experiencing currently. The team is working on workarounds while we fix the certificate issue. One possible workaround you as a user can do is to change the system time on your device to 4PM PST, this may allow you to log back in whole we sort things out.

We will be working on compensation to credit to players for this issue and may adjust our propose event schedule as a result to allow.

~CC_Rain

Hmm, surprised changing the time would work at all. Plenty of games seem to check client vs server time to prevent cheating on timers...
Also surprised Comodo didn't warn well in advance that the certificate was about to expire. (if they drag their feet on getting a new *.cloudcade.com certificate, you could perhaps as a temporary measure generate a Let's Encrypt certificate; wildcard certificates got supported at LE just a few days ago. (https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/acm ... live/55579))
Talking about certificates, the one used at https://www.shopheroes.com is still only for *.bizland.com and bizland.com, the one at https://forum.shopheroes.com still only for *.ipage.com, ipage.com , so both can only be accessed without errors over http.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

CC_Rain
Cloudcade Staff

Postby CC_Rain » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:27 pm

Hey Shiroe, the certificate stuff is already being taking care of. We're just waiting for things to all go through and get up and running again.

~CC_Rain

Hitman

Postby Hitman » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:54 pm

The server still can not log in. It warned abt lost connection (error 4100). But my internet still fine. Wat exactly time can fix this trouble?

Edkiwi

Postby Edkiwi » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:10 pm

Thanks for the information. I look forward to being able to play again when the certificate issue is fully fixed

CC_Rain
Cloudcade Staff

Postby CC_Rain » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:48 pm

So the latest information is an ETA of 2-4 hours for the certificates to be fixed up. Will keep post updates when I get them.

~CC_Rain

Return to “Bugs & Issues”