Gem lady limit?

Report a bug or find troubleshooting tips for known issues.
Forum rules
Before starting a thread, please check to make sure that others have not already reported the same issue. When reporting a bug, please try to provide a screenshot and to describe the proper instance in order for us to replicate the issue. After an issue has been confirmed and/or fixed on our end, the topic for it will be locked to prevent further reports. For all payment related issues, please open a ticket at http://cloudcade.helpshift.com to receive immediate support.
Kim!
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Gem lady limit?

Postby Kim! » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:35 pm

Now that Anastasia is back in the inn, what is the intended limit on video ads? When it was taken away we were told it was meant to be 10 videos per day, but after 12 she's still there and rewarding gems. How many is "safe" to watch?

Tethys
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: Gem lady limit?

Postby Tethys » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:48 pm

Hi,

Darkis will have more information in a bit regarding that information as for now we were just running a quick test. She's being taken offline for the moment and will be restored shortly afterwards.

Tethys.
Need to contact the support team? Follow this link to do so: https://cloudcade.helpshift.com/a/shop-heroes/

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:20 pm

Hey Guys,

We are doing some test on this so you should see the NPC come and go during the next few days as we want to avoid any mishaps again. As for the limit, that will be internal information and when you can not watch them, then that's the limit for the day/time period.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Kim!
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:02 pm

Thank you for the update.

I only ask about the limit because last time players were blamed and punished for assuming it was working as intended, is it safe to assume she's okay even if it lets us watch dozens some days? Or is there a certain amount where we should poke the devs and ask if it's normal?

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:18 pm

Kim! wrote:Thank you for the update.

I only ask about the limit because last time players were blamed and punished for assuming it was working as intended, is it safe to assume she's okay even if it lets us watch dozens some days? Or is there a certain amount where we should poke the devs and ask if it's normal?

And like last time a small few thought that was the case and chat logs, etc showed differently for those that exploited it, set up scripts etc.

If you think an unlimited amount of gems is/was okay...we are on different wave lengths. :lol:

Just to elaborate on that, sharing the text,etc would have been player shaming and at that point, might as well pull the plug.

P.S Just to clear the Air, we do indeed set the limits that's one of the reasons that it was pretty clear that something was off and once investigated everything shined clear as day.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D

Tethys
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Tethys » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:17 pm

Just a small additional comment. You may still see the gem lady in the tavern, and you may still be able to watch ads but she WILL NOT give you a reward.
Need to contact the support team? Follow this link to do so: https://cloudcade.helpshift.com/a/shop-heroes/

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:02 am

Darkis, there was also the probably large group of:
*set quests/raids, crafts, fusions*
"Oh, there are a few videos, so lets watch them"
*fortuneteller disappears after about 5-8*
*close app and swipe it away*
1 or 2 hours later login again to collect quests/raids/crafts/fusions and set new ones, notice that often the fortuneteller pops up again for another 5-8 videos.

Unless they read some external channels, people wouldn't have perceived that as odd and would have thought getting for ex. 5x5 or more videos per day to be normal.

As some of your posts kind of give the perception of lumping that together with the "cheaters" class, people like me and Kim are asking "hey, is this new fortuneteller behaviour as intended?" to make sure people don't accidentally end up as collateral damage for accidental too many videos now that the fortuneteller is back. (it's also why I reported the fortuneteller on android-samsung being up and giving out gems at least part of the time that the one on android-google was down, so people playing on android-samsung without looking at forum/facebook/discord, so not knowing she should have been disabled, wouldn't end up punished for collecting video gems...)

So I really hope this time there are well working limits that prevent both accidental and intentional getting of too many video gems.

(fortuneteller has always been quirky; I think back in 2015 or 2016 there was a facepalm-worthy facebook comment from someone complaining the game had become "unplayable" because a client update made it so that person could no longer get I think 200+ video gems/day... -_- (to which I then replied that she wasn't supposed to give out 1+ fountains worth of gems.))
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Tethys
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Tethys » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:06 am

As was said by Darkis, we're doing multiple quick tests on the fortune teller to make sure everything is working like it should be. Once she is finally reinstated for good, there will be hard caps imposed that will prevent users from getting more gems than the team wants. I'll get more information with regards to what happens during the testing periods but common sense should be the prevailing factor for most users.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:24 pm

Shiroe wrote:Darkis, there was also the probably large group of:
*set quests/raids, crafts, fusions*
"Oh, there are a few videos, so lets watch them"
*fortuneteller disappears after about 5-8*
*close app and swipe it away*
1 or 2 hours later login again to collect quests/raids/crafts/fusions and set new ones, notice that often the fortuneteller pops up again for another 5-8 videos.

Unless they read some external channels, people wouldn't have perceived that as odd and would have thought getting for ex. 5x5 or more videos per day to be normal.

As some of your posts kind of give the perception of lumping that together with the "cheaters" class, people like me and Kim are asking "hey, is this new fortuneteller behaviour as intended?" to make sure people don't accidentally end up as collateral damage for accidental too many videos now that the fortuneteller is back. (it's also why I reported the fortuneteller on android-samsung being up and giving out gems at least part of the time that the one on android-google was down, so people playing on android-samsung without looking at forum/facebook/discord, so not knowing she should have been disabled, wouldn't end up punished for collecting video gems...)

So I really hope this time there are well working limits that prevent both accidental and intentional getting of too many video gems.

(fortuneteller has always been quirky; I think back in 2015 or 2016 there was a facepalm-worthy facebook comment from someone complaining the game had become "unplayable" because a client update made it so that person could no longer get I think 200+ video gems/day... -_- (to which I then replied that she wasn't supposed to give out 1+ fountains worth of gems.))

Hey Shiroe and good questions/comment. Let's see if I can get everything sorted out for you and folks.

The first group you mentioned really didn't come up for the most part. The amount of gems gained was very trivial in the greater picture of things going on at the time.

The limits will indeed work as intended which should prevent this as we will be keeping a closer eye on this to prevent the massive headache it created last time game wise.

The postings and tickets were pretty minor in scale and usually are the same vocal minority as in this case again. Not meaning that as a slight but things really got blown out of proportion as everyone still runs with the misconception of some massive banning's which never even happened.

I should know as I handled it and I'd say it does get under my skin a bit on that front as no one is even banned anymore once it was corrected that week.

I think folks keep missing the point I have made several times that folks found 3rd party methods to exploit the glitch and then some. No single person was sitting there watching video offers 24 hours a day legit.

That's why Kim's posting about it all keeps making me scratch my head that anyone would seriously think a product would be okay letting folks have unlimited gems or mass amounts etc. :lol:

When the testing is live, folks can watch it and on our end we have to accept that if it doesn't work while it's being tested, we have to let it pass hence why I didn't take any action yesterday.

As for those that watch it and it doesn't credit, that's when you know it's being turned off and will disapper from your game shortly.

Hope that helps.

Tethys
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Tethys » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:16 am

Folks, literally only 3 posts were removed (1 of which was mine). They were removed due to large amounts of tickets received by the support team regarding unfairness and confusion. We removed these posts to prevent further confusion and support requests. Please know that the posts that were removed are what we are looking for when testing things like this and we appreciate any efforts by players to find similar issues.

As an aside, from what I've seen, Darkis sends rewards for these reports etc.

Please keep them up, and while the team sees similar things during their testing, we greatly appreciate the community being proactive and helpful.

Have a great weekend everybody,
Tethys.

Return to “Bugs & Issues”