1% fusion success furniture not working

Report a bug or find troubleshooting tips for known issues.
Forum rules
Before starting a thread, please check to make sure that others have not already reported the same issue. When reporting a bug, please try to provide a screenshot and to describe the proper instance in order for us to replicate the issue. After an issue has been confirmed and/or fixed on our end, the topic for it will be locked to prevent further reports. For all payment related issues, please open a ticket at http://cloudcade.helpshift.com to receive immediate support.
Trisk

1% fusion success furniture not working

Postby Trisk » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:42 pm

Hi,

the new turkey decoration is supposed to add 1% to success rate of fuse. IE, 4x Legendary -> mythic should have increased from 50% to 51% success rate. 5x Legendary -> Mythic should have increased from 63% to 64% success rate. Current success rates (with turkey active, I've checked) are unchanged. I believe the same issue is happening with the put-put golf, but I don't have that pack to check.

Azbandar
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: 1% fusion success furniture not working

Postby Azbandar » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:01 am

It increases the item chance, not the success chance. No it does not make sense as items were already at 100% chance of getting whatever, but that's what it is.
Mayor of Eolythes, overseer of many spreadsheets & maker of many things...MANY things.

Shop Heroes Spreadsheet | Super Team Builder Redux
Shop Heroes Spreadsheet design by Richard | Super Team Builder original design by Akerson

Trisk

Postby Trisk » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:23 pm

You're right, that makes no sense, and needs to be bug reported aggressively.

You've got 2 sets of % in fusion:
(%A): % chance of fusion success or failure. This can be 100% for fusions up to legendary quality if you put enough items in the cauldron. % for mythic fuses maxes out at 63% for 5x legendaries, or is 50% for 4x legendaries, or lower with 2 or 3.
(%B): % chance of a specific outcome, provided the fuse is successful. The total % chance of all possibilities here always adds up to 100%

The put-put and turkey decorations are described as increasing % chance of fusion success by 1%. By definition, fusion success % is (%A) above, and the point of this decoration would be a minor bump to mythical fusion success, or reduce the failure % chance for lower level fuses with less items used.

The original implementation of put-put had 2 bugs. First, it did not modify (%A). Second, it did change (%B) so totals added up to more than 100%.

The latest patch appears to have corrected the second bug (%B adding up to more than 100%), but it did nothing to address the fact that the decorations do not modify the overall % of success/fail of a fusion (%A above). Now we have two premium decoration items that we've purchased with real money that still do not work as advertised.

Darkis, you've said earlier that fusion and put-put are now working as intended. I would appreciate some feedback on whether this is actually true based on the clarifications above - it feels like the original bug fix mistakenly only flagged the (%B) error, and nothing has been said that I can see about the (%A) error.

As it stands, it appears that put-put and turkey decorations do absolutely nothing, and that's not what we bought. I've already submitted a ticket to support, but have not received a reply yet.

peteypie99
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby peteypie99 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:37 pm

I've had combinations that have over 100% for one item, and a percentage for another item, post-patch. I agree that these pieces do absolutely nothing. If it increase the percentage of EVERY outcome equally, then it effectively nullifies itself. And I did purchase packs with the thought that it would increase fusion chance because... that's literally what it says on the label.

Mitrax
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Mitrax » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:05 pm

Holidays over soon. Maybe its possible to get any information about this bug?

Regards
Mitrax

Rangoth

Postby Rangoth » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:23 am

I can also confirm this is not working correctly, plus it is a fairly weak benefit for a paid feature.

I would strongly recommend changing it to a -1% fusion TIME instead. This way it is ALWAYS a benefit instead of just a "chance" at a benefit. Also 1% or even 5% if you collect enough of the paid rewards, is really not game breaking when it comes to already obscene fusion times.

Mitrax
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Mitrax » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:43 am

Wait a day/week/month/year or longer for an update. They wanna "fix" some bugs......

Regards
Mitrax

Ronin
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Ronin » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:34 pm

For those of you who don't read every post in the forum, Darkis did make reference to this issue in the now locked "Crickets" thread.

Again as I've stated, it's working as intended providing the 1% chance of Success. I'm more than happy to hear folks provide definitive proof of it not doing so.

I had a nice chat with some of the folks in Discord to get their understanding/thoughts on it all and it's pretty much what I figured, there's no proof that it isn't working.

So I went to the discord and these are the relevant portions of what Darkis said:

CC_Darkis - 03/07/2018 Last I had gotten back was the % boost or what not worked as intended. But with all the complaints and it being a point of contention on the forums ...I'll verify it
CC_Darkis - 03/07/2018 Hmm yeah looking into the data it's self it looks to be working
CC_Darkis - 03/07/2018 well it'll cap at 100% regardless but under that it looks like it's purely display not reflecting as it should
CC_Darkis - 03/07/2018 from what im seeing it's success multiplier

This last post would indicate to me that the furniture does increase fusion success and is applied as a scalar (e.g. 50% success goes to 50.5% [50% x 1.01]). That dramatically weakens the outcome and would make it more difficult for us to see

As a side note, the second to last post addresses discussion from the "folks in discord" who believed that the functionality impacts the distribution of fusion results (e.g. if you fuse different items and add the odds they are greater than 100%) and how that could be advantageous or disadvantageous.

Mitrax
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Mitrax » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:44 am

Useless to discuss. I never need 1% but for mythical. And 63% or 64% doesnt matter. 5% doesnt matter. 5 fails in a row for mythical lvl 48 items. What a waste of time! The furniture is useless. Working or not will not influence game.

Regards
Mitrax

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:30 am

Ronin wrote:This last post would indicate to me that the furniture does increase fusion success and is applied as a scalar (e.g. 50% success goes to 50.5% [50% x 1.01]). That dramatically weakens the outcome and would make it more difficult for us to see

Yep, so for 5L fuses, that would I guess be 62.5% (rounded for display to 63%) * 1.01 = 63.125% (rounded for display to 63%) .
If the visual would be right, then 2x fusion boost decoration would display a difference: 62.5% * 1.02 = 63.75%, rounded to 64% for display .
$30 to add 1.25% to the chance... (0.75% less than some/most players (mis)interpreted it to be)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Return to “Bugs & Issues”