Known issues for iPhone users with 11/27/17 update?

Report a bug or find troubleshooting tips for known issues.
Forum rules
Before starting a thread, please check to make sure that others have not already reported the same issue. When reporting a bug, please try to provide a screenshot and to describe the proper instance in order for us to replicate the issue. After an issue has been confirmed and/or fixed on our end, the topic for it will be locked to prevent further reports. For all payment related issues, please open a ticket at http://cloudcade.helpshift.com to receive immediate support.
cynthrocks
"Good" Mastery Member

Re: Known issues for iPhone users with 11/27/17 update?

Postby cynthrocks » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:34 pm

cc_Darkis wrote:Really should have it linked with game center etc as a backup.

Agree 100% gonna make sure everyone in my city is connected to at least 2 after this all settles down.

Tethys
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Tethys » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:42 pm

Yeah considering this happens with every update and can affect all platforms EVERYBODY should have alternates if available to them. CC knows this isn't ideal and I'm sure hates having to deal with this everytime. One common mistake people make is to accidentally cause their accounts to de-sync by saying NO when prompted to re-sync, or they're linked to something like Facebook and go try and load through Gamecenter as a link which will override the Facebook sync. Especially if they've never sync'd it to that platform.
Need to contact the support team? Follow this link to do so: https://cloudcade.helpshift.com/a/shop-heroes/

cynthrocks
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby cynthrocks » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:49 pm

Tethys wrote:Yeah considering this happens with every update and can affect all platforms EVERYBODY should have alternates if available to them. CC knows this isn't ideal and I'm sure hates having to deal with this everytime. One common mistake people make is to accidentally cause their accounts to de-sync by saying NO when prompted to re-sync, or they're linked to something like Facebook and go try and load through Gamecenter as a link which will override the Facebook sync. Especially if they've never sync'd it to that platform.

Yup! Last time was Google play, and I'm now linked through three different platforms. Will be four if I can get my hands on an apple device lol

Hopefully things start to settle down soon. I followed the other thread carefully and was able to get one player back in; I just can't seem to find what's wrong with RedBeard's account.

Danae

Postby Danae » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:15 am

I’m having the exact same problems as your RedBeard and I’m frustrated beyond belief. I have 2 iPads and an iPhone. Support hasn’t answered my ticket since November 28th. It went so long that the the in game ticket deleted and I had to start again Dec 1st. I can finally get in on my iPhone, but neither of my iPads will connect, and GameCenter has me in a level 2 game, and as everyone knows, no one has any real control over GC anymore since Apple axed it in iOS 10 from the end user standpoint.

The repeated “we sent out a hot fix, it has to disseminate to all users” is old news that has lost its ring of truth. That takes at most 24 hours. “Support is backed up” is a lame excuse. You need to allocate more resources to support if you’re that backed up.

Oh, and blaming the users for being upset when no one will respond for days on end to the multiple threads on this issue, and telling us that it’s just too bad that SOME people are having problems, but tough luck for us, was beyond obnoxious. It’s things like that that made your last CC rep so despised. You are so backed up with Support tickets that you can’t even get a handle on the problem, but only a few people are having problems, and too bad for us? What kind of attitude is that?

I also still haven’t received parts of my harvest combo pack even though support wrote and told me all was resolved, when it wasn’t...

Waiting for days to hear what is going on is compounding the problem. CC needs to start being open and up front about the problems with realistic ETAs, on both the forums and Facebook.

Danae#22454

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:17 am

Hmm, Darkis, maybe it would be useful for these hotfixes to post replies to the patch notes topic listing:
- version
- platform
- what was fixed

So people can check easier if their problem was listed already and they're just waiting for the hotfix to propagate to their store. (might reduce part of the ticket load)

Steam seems at v1.1.32011 right now, google-android and google-samsung at v1.1.32020, no idea at what v1.1.32xxx iOS etc are supposed to be right now.

BTW, the "Thanksgiving 2017 Update Patch Notes" are under "News & Announcements" and not under "Patch Notes"; I wonder if that's why some people don't know the update's contents (other than those players being lazy/TL;DR-ing patch notes ;) )
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

cynthrocks
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby cynthrocks » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:26 am

Here's what I know:

-Facebook connects fine to an android device with the game downloaded from Google play, Samsung, and the Amazon app store.
-Facebook connects fine to the game via a browser (firefox).
-IOS users can connect via game center without issue.

The problem specifically lies somewhere iOS and Facebook meet. I don't know if this is an issue CC can solve, but it seems to be out of their hands. We can't say they don't care or they're not trying. I'm positive they are and that this issue is stumping them as much as it is us.

What they might be able to help with, and I have no clue if they can, is linking those facebook accounts to game center so the iOS+facebook users can access their game through there. Hopefully it can be done :/

Tethys
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Tethys » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:44 pm

Hey guys,

We're waiting for approval from Apple of a new hotfix please work we're going to be deploying. We understand the frustrations shared by those affected by these issues and are planning to make up for the time lost.

Again we're really sorry this is happening.

Tethys.
Need to contact the support team? Follow this link to do so: https://cloudcade.helpshift.com/a/shop-heroes/

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:50 pm

cynthrocks wrote:Here's what I know:

-Facebook connects fine to an android device with the game downloaded from Google play, Samsung, and the Amazon app store.
-Facebook connects fine to the game via a browser (firefox).
-IOS users can connect via game center without issue.

The problem specifically lies somewhere iOS and Facebook meet. I don't know if this is an issue CC can solve, but it seems to be out of their hands. We can't say they don't care or they're not trying. I'm positive they are and that this issue is stumping them as much as it is us.

What they might be able to help with, and I have no clue if they can, is linking those facebook accounts to game center so the iOS+facebook users can access their game through there. Hopefully it can be done :/

It has thrown us for a loop for sure just like the billing issues folks have via FB. That bit is clearly only due to FB due to them handling all billing.

The linking account bit sadly is 100% by hand which is not s quick process like some folks would think. Regardless of the issue and having to do that by hand, we still have to 100% confirm ownership etc of the account so folks don't try to scam.

For those talking about the Support, sorry guys it's a lot of back log atm and we are doing what we can to get things sorted out and that means some issues do take a back seat.

It's not so simple as throwing more people at it as that takes training and time. :roll:
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Danae

Postby Danae » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:16 pm

Someone please tell me how it takes “training and time” for support to completely ignore the text in your message and send back this garbage that says or does nothing, and does not relate to the ticket submitted?

Hi Shopkeeper!

Our Team is actively investigating all reports regarding the new fusion slot and enchanting feature in the game.

We should have an update regarding this shortly as we want to make sure everything is working as intended.

We do apologize for any frustrations this might have caused!

Team Cloudcade

(To be polite, I deleted the support members name)

My ticket was about how I was not able to log in, and how I was missing items from my harvest combo pack, not about fusion slots and enchanting. Obviously Support doesn’t even care what they stick their generic answer in.

I do however, appreciate Tethis stating that you are (again) waiting for a fix to be uploaded by Apple.

In the meantime, I have contacted Apple myself to request refunds for the latest gem packages that I purchased that are locked up in a game that is inaccessible. Especially the ones purchased to upgrade my fusion pots (all 4) which cost me almost $200 CAD.

Danae#22454

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:23 pm

Danae wrote:Someone please tell me how it takes “training and time” for support to completely ignore the text in your message and send back this garbage that says or does nothing, and does not relate to the ticket submitted?

Hi Shopkeeper!

Our Team is actively investigating all reports regarding the new fusion slot and enchanting feature in the game.

We should have an update regarding this shortly as we want to make sure everything is working as intended.

We do apologize for any frustrations this might have caused!

Team Cloudcade

(To be polite, I deleted the support members name)

My ticket was about how I was not able to log in, and how I was missing items from my harvest combo pack, not about fusion slots and enchanting. Obviously Support doesn’t even care what they stick their generic answer in.

I do however, appreciate Tethis stating that you are (again) waiting for a fix to be uploaded by Apple.

In the meantime, I have contacted Apple myself to request refunds for the latest gem packages that I purchased that are locked up in a game that is inaccessible. Especially the ones purchased to upgrade my fusion pots (all 4) which cost me almost $200 CAD.

Danae#22454

Sorry that happened but odds are your ticket on a quick pass was close enough to what has been reported in mass and the Team is trying to get things responded to.

Now that is out of the way, I'm confused on how you don't have the items as this has been fixed but if you can't login, then that would explain it so i'm a bit at a loss on that.

And, I hate for this to be the case, there is a very strict policy on purchasing then getting refunds/charging it back etc. Like any app, they typically lock the account once that gets said.

P.S I've checked your account just to try to sort this out and you seem online and playing just fine to me. If you would like to pm me/send me over your ticket id, more than happy to help sort it out.

...also there's rules about the support stuff via forums as well. :shock:
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Return to “Bugs & Issues”