Notifications?

Report a bug or find troubleshooting tips for known issues.
Forum rules
Before starting a thread, please check to make sure that others have not already reported the same issue. When reporting a bug, please try to provide a screenshot and to describe the proper instance in order for us to replicate the issue. After an issue has been confirmed and/or fixed on our end, the topic for it will be locked to prevent further reports. For all payment related issues, please open a ticket at http://cloudcade.helpshift.com to receive immediate support.
cynthrocks
"Good" Mastery Member

Notifications?

Postby cynthrocks » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:15 am

Hi! I play on Android (through Google play) and have not been receiving quest or fusion completion notifications since the game was down that one day for four hours. Haven't sent a ticket yet as its nbd, maybe just something to look out for/in to? Thanks!

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: Notifications?

Postby Shiroe » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:42 am

Hmm, I would think such notifications to work off the local timers in the app, so would be a bit weird if server downtime would affect those.

I've never ran with any notifications on, but I just turned them all on (android - google), started some short crafts, fuses and quests and then exited the app: neither with the app still there in the background nor with it swiped closed did I get any notifications at all. (though of course I don't have reference how notifications happen when they _do_ work)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Mandlz01
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Mandlz01 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:29 am

You know, now that I think about it, I haven't seen any notifications in quite some time myself. Also running on Android. I double checked my system notifications, and they're enabled for the app, as well as enabled in the app.
You make it sound as if it's going to be hard
Mandlz#78065

cynthrocks
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby cynthrocks » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:44 am

Shiroe wrote:Hmm, I would think such notifications to work off the local timers in the app, so would be a bit weird if server downtime would affect those.

I've never ran with any notifications on, but I just turned them all on (android - google), started some short crafts, fuses and quests and then exited the app: neither with the app still there in the background nor with it swiped closed did I get any notifications at all. (though of course I don't have reference how notifications happen when they _do_ work)

Thanks for checking ^.^ I don't *think* they are related, that was just the last time I solidly remember getting notifications. I said to myself "I don't remember sending heroes out..." when I got a "your heroes are back from questing" notification. So the time frame stuck.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:35 am

Hey Guys,

This is a known issue affecting folks and it's being worked on. Some of the latest OS updates on iOS/Android have broken the notification system which is a pain to say the least.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

cynthrocks
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby cynthrocks » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:23 pm

Thanks Darkis! I legit thought I was going crazy last week lol

Tim1981

Postby Tim1981 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:42 pm

Please reveal your plans regarding push notifications fix. I'm playing around ten games, and Shop Heroes is the only game that became "broken". Or this project is almost abandoned, and nothing to expect?

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:58 pm

Tim1981 wrote:Please reveal your plans regarding push notifications fix. I'm playing around ten games, and Shop Heroes is the only game that became "broken". Or this project is almost abandoned, and nothing to expect?

Hey Tim!

Thanks for checking in about this. I'm hoping the fix makes it in with the current update.

Idk where you heard that the game (It's been released two years now so no way it can be called a project) is abandoned.

We are launching in a few big places this week which I've noted to folks across a lot of threads which hopefully you'll read if you already haven't.

8-)
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

cynthrocks
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby cynthrocks » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:55 pm

cc_Darkis wrote:
I'm hoping the fix makes it in with the current update.

8-)

This is literally all I'm hoping for. I have alarms for everything in my life (including picking my kid up from the bus stop #WorldsOkayestMom) so not having them is near torture lolol

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:14 am

cc_Darkis wrote:Thanks for checking in about this. I'm hoping the fix makes it in with the current update.

:| I hope that should actually be a "made" instead of a "makes" or else the update hasn't been submitted to the approval queues yet and the odds of getting it out before the end of the month, as hoped, would get pretty slim... :|
(so pray to Apple approval queue RNGesus now?)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Return to “Bugs & Issues”