Notifications?

Report a bug or find troubleshooting tips for known issues.
Forum rules
Before starting a thread, please check to make sure that others have not already reported the same issue. When reporting a bug, please try to provide a screenshot and to describe the proper instance in order for us to replicate the issue. After an issue has been confirmed and/or fixed on our end, the topic for it will be locked to prevent further reports. For all payment related issues, please open a ticket at http://cloudcade.helpshift.com to receive immediate support.
Tim1981

Re: Notifications?

Postby Tim1981 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:14 am

Hi Darkis.
Idk where you heard that the game is abandoned

I didn't heard about it, it was a question, if you noticed question mark at the end of the sentence.
It's been released two years now so no way it can be called a project

I can call it with every word
a) I want to use
and
b) I've chosen as not native English speaker
launching in a few big places this week which I've noted to folks across a lot of threads which hopefully you'll read if you already haven't

It has nothing to do with my question.
I'm hoping the fix makes it in with the current update

How high is possibility of fix "make it in"?
And what is "current" update? I don't see any in Google Play or in Steam, and no announcement with release day in "News" tab of Forum.
You meant "possible future" update?

Tim1981

Postby Tim1981 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:24 pm

So, my assumptions were confirmed.
No new content, no Android 7 (Aug'16 released!) push notifications fix in prepared during 3 months patch.
But, as expected, several packs. Hurry up and buy! We're closing soon!

Mandlz01
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Mandlz01 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:59 am

Were the changes to fusion and enchantment not content to you? Because it sure seems like content to me...you don't have to like it, but it's still there. No need to be so harsh and negative here.

That being said, Darkis or Tethys, is there any update on the status of fixing notifications? Definitely feeling the loss of those, especially during raid! :D
You make it sound as if it's going to be hard
Mandlz#78065

Tim1981

Postby Tim1981 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:05 pm

Mandlz01 wrote:Were the changes to fusion and enchantment not content to you? Because it sure seems like content to me...you don't have to like it, but it's still there.
:D

No, changes in mechanics is NOT content, and it's strange that someone count it as a content.
If it is from your point of view, you, it doesn't mean that "it's still there".
Mandlz01 wrote:No need to be so harsh and negative here.

Who are you to teach me what to write or not to write here?

I'm not happy with things happening with my favourite mobile game, and time and money spent on this game are giving me right to ask definite fixes from devs.
Please don't answer if you are not member of Shop Heroes team and answer is not a solution of notifications bug.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:45 am

Tim1981 wrote:
Mandlz01 wrote:Were the changes to fusion and enchantment not content to you? Because it sure seems like content to me...you don't have to like it, but it's still there.
:D

No, changes in mechanics is NOT content, and it's strange that someone count it as a content.
If it is from your point of view, you, it doesn't mean that "it's still there".

By that definition, I guess there are very few things that would count as content...
(I guess 1 new blueprint would be more content then than porting the tradehouse filters to inventory/cauldron, while others would see such a thing (if ever added :| ) as a mayor added feature.)
Tim1981 wrote:
Mandlz01 wrote:No need to be so harsh and negative here.

Who are you to teach me what to write or not to write here?

I'm not happy with things happening with my favourite mobile game, and time and money spent on this game are giving me right to ask definite fixes from devs.
Please don't answer if you are not member of Shop Heroes team and answer is not a solution of notifications bug.

You just said 2 contradicting things: you want to have the right to write what you want and then try to deny someone else that right...

Well, unless there are more hotfixes or it isn't a client-side problem, I guess the notifications won't come back before the xmas update. (the current packages run until dec 21st, so a non-hotfix update before then is unlikely)
cc_Darkis wrote:Some of the latest OS updates on iOS/Android have broken the notification system which is a pain to say the least.

I guess there's an implied "so we had to disable them for all mobile OSes" there. (Samsung S4 mini with android 4.4.2, android-google and android-samsung app versions and no notifications whatsoever with all notifications enabled (didn't enable any notifications before this topic was started though))
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Tim1981

Postby Tim1981 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:59 am

Deleted
Last edited by Tim1981 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tim1981

Postby Tim1981 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:09 am

Shiroe wrote:count as content...
I guess 1 new blueprint would be more content then than ........ mayor added feature.

Yes even 1 new blueprint is more content than feature. Because feature is not content at all.
New content is: new heroes, new quests, new items (item lines), new competitions, new missions, etc.
So, it's not
Shiroe wrote: very few things that would count as content

Shiroe wrote:You just said 2 contradicting things: you want to have the right to write what you want and then try to deny someone else that right...

No contradiction at all.
I have right to write to devs, and ask for features, which was paid by me (and all other non-f2p players). It's not new feature/content, it's QoL feature that was ingame from the beginning, and stopped working suddenly.
Other players don't have right to teach me how to (or how not to) write, because they're not paying me for that.
Shiroe wrote:I guess the notifications won't come back before the xmas update

Thanks for your opinion on devs plans
Shiroe wrote:I guess there's an implied "so we had to disable them for all mobile OSes" there. (Samsung S4 mini with android 4.4.2, android-google and android-samsung app versions and no notifications whatsoever with all notifications enabled

That's one more question to devs. Did you disable notifications on all Android versions instead of repairing Nougat push notification changes?

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:25 am

Tim1981 wrote:
Shiroe wrote:You just said 2 contradicting things: you want to have the right to write what you want and then try to deny someone else that right...

No contradiction at all.
I have right to write to devs, and ask for features, which was paid by me (and all other non-f2p players). It's not new feature/content, it's QoL feature that was ingame from the beginning, and stopped working suddenly.
Other players don't have right to teach me how to (or how not to) write, because they're not paying me for that.

Other players have just as much right to reply here on the forums. If you don't want others to reply, send in a support ticket instead.

A forum's bugs section can be used to find out how widespread a problem is, how important (part of) the playerbase thinks it is etc., but it's not a 1 on 1 communication system.

Darkis has noted in this topic the devs know about the problem and indicated why the notifications aren't working and seemed to indicate a fix is pretty high priority with his "I'm hoping the fix makes it in with the current update." (though it seems to have failed to make it into the Thanksgiving v1.1.32xxx update) . Since they seem rather hesitant to release info on what made it into an update until days before release, I guess Darkis won't really be able to tell for sure if the xmas update will fix the notifications (or that a fix maybe clashed with some other bit of code that was given higher priority) until just before xmas. :(
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

cynthrocks
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby cynthrocks » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:04 am

Tim1981 wrote: I have right to write to devs, and ask for features, which was paid by me (and all other non-f2p players).

You may contact support here:
https://cloudcade.helpshift.com/a/shop- ... ?contact=1

And post here: viewforum.php?f=7
For your suggestions and feedback.

My original post, yes I am the op, was to ask if CC was aware of the notifications issue and to see if others had the same issue. They are aware, and others do have it. Your ranting is derailing this post.

Return to “Bugs & Issues”