Inconsistent depiction of Crown Jewel Effects in Resource Buildings

Report a bug or find troubleshooting tips for known issues.
Forum rules
Before starting a thread, please check to make sure that others have not already reported the same issue. When reporting a bug, please try to provide a screenshot and to describe the proper instance in order for us to replicate the issue. After an issue has been confirmed and/or fixed on our end, the topic for it will be locked to prevent further reports. For all payment related issues, please open a ticket at http://cloudcade.helpshift.com to receive immediate support.
Arty
"Good" Mastery Member

Inconsistent depiction of Crown Jewel Effects in Resource Buildings

Postby Arty » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:17 am

Issue:
The listed regeneration rates in the "Unlocks" tab of the resource buildings already incorporate the bonus from the first Crown Jewel upgrade (if applicable), but
  • further Crown Jewel upgrades are not reflected there (i.e. the numbers still match the regeneration rates for a building with just one upgrade),
  • the Collective Boost in the "Summary" tab doesn't reflect any Crown Jewel upgrades at all even though it is also affected by them. (Crown jewel upgrade affects the total regeneration rate, including the Collective Boost if it is active.)
Or in images:

I don't even find it important that the rates in the "Unlocks" tab already incorporate the Crown Jewel Upgrades, but it should at least be consistent.

Suggestion:
Instead of incorporating the upgrades in all the listed rates I'd find it sufficient if the "Summary" tab simply had a third line stating the Crown Jewel Level and the percentage boost. In fact it would be nice to have such a third line for all buildings anyway, because right now the whole Crown Jewel thing is somewhat hidden.

internetz
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: Inconsistent depiction of Crown Jewel Effects in Resource Buildings

Postby internetz » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:09 am

The listed regeneration rates in the "Unlocks" tab of the resource buildings already incorporate the bonus from the first Crown Jewel upgrade (if applicable)

This is incorrect. The listed regen rates are base. No crown jewel upgrade amounts are ever listed anywhere on the actual buildings.
That is to say, a lvl 55 jewel building gives 194 jewel regen per hour (per bin) base, unboosted, and with no crown jewel upgrades.

Arty
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Arty » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:38 am

internetz wrote:
The listed regeneration rates in the "Unlocks" tab of the resource buildings already incorporate the bonus from the first Crown Jewel upgrade (if applicable)

This is incorrect. The listed regen rates are base. No crown jewel upgrade amounts are ever listed anywhere on the actual buildings.

Not sure where you got that from. Maybe there are differences in the clients of the various platforms, but for me the listed regeneration rates incorporate the boost from Crown Jewel upgrades. Here's a screenshot of a friend's city's Jewel building (without any Crown Jewel upgrade), and a screenshot of my city's Jewel building:

See the difference? The 5% boost is already applied in the listed rates of my building.
I have checked that before for buildings in my own city. 5% boost applies if building is upgraded. Listed values are properly rounded, except that .5 is rounded down, likely due to the floating point result actually not .5 but a tiny bit smaller.

internetz wrote:That is to say, a lvl 55 jewel building gives 194 jewel regen per hour (per bin) base, unboosted, and with no crown jewel upgrades.

Are you saying that you actually have a not-upgraded Jewel building showing 194 per hour for Lvl 55? (Can't check that myself, haven't found someone with a maxed building but without upgrade.) If that is the case then either there are indeed client differences (so on some platforms only the base numbers are shown), or the application of the boosts somehow doesn't work on the "newly" added levels. (In the latter case that would also mean that the crown jewel upgrade is not working, because I measured the actual regeneration rate for my jewels, and it is "only" 194 per hour (without activated building).

Edit: Just found two people in cities with maxed Mana/Jewel building but without Crown Jewel upgrade. They confirmed that their building shows a regeneration rate of 185 per hour for level 55.

internetz
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby internetz » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:23 pm

they must have changed something somewhere along the line then, the main spreadsheet shows 194 as being the base rate.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... d=18697395

Arty
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Arty » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:30 pm

internetz wrote:they must have changed something somewhere along the line then, the main spreadsheet shows 194 as being the base rate.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... d=18697395

Yes, I noticed that in the spreadsheet. (Already sent a spreadsheet bug report yesterday. There were also a few other wrong numbers in that table.) But I don't think that has to do with any changes in the game. I assume the person providing the data was simply not aware that the numbers change with crown jewel upgrades, so when the 5 new building levels were added he/she read those numbers and took them as base. You'll notice that the numbers for the lower levels are correct, they were added when cities didn't have the upgrades yet.

Azbandar
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Azbandar » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:19 pm

I will look into it a bit more before I change those. I have my city at different CJ intervals for Mana & Jewels and they both read the same. I believe you are correct, but I also believe there is something unusual going on that some show the proper number and some clients are not. Technically the sheet is accurate according to the numbers in my city, having the 2 resources at different CJ levels. If they read differently, I wouldn't question the validity of any such information.
Mayor of Eolythes, overseer of many spreadsheets & maker of many things...MANY things.

Shop Heroes Spreadsheet | Super Team Builder Redux
Shop Heroes Spreadsheet design by Richard | Super Team Builder original design by Akerson

Arty
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Arty » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:18 am

Azbandar wrote:I will look into it a bit more before I change those.

Sure.

Azbandar wrote:Technically the sheet is accurate according to the numbers in my city

Are you sure? I would assume that for Mana/Jewels only the numbers for levels 2-6 and levels 52-55 match for you.
For 2-6 the numbers are the same with and without upgrade due to rounding, and for 52-55 the sheet lists the numbers according to the upgrade.
For the other levels you should see a discrepancy between the sheet and your city. Either because the sheet lists the base numbers (levels 7-49 and for Jewels also level 50), or due to other errors in the sheet (level 50 number for Mana is off, and level 51 is just a copy of the correct lvl 50 number).

Azbandar
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Azbandar » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:19 am

Arty wrote:Are you sure? I would assume that for Mana/Jewels only the numbers for levels 2-6 and levels 52-55 match for you.
For 2-6 the numbers are the same with and without upgrade due to rounding, and for 52-55 the sheet lists the numbers according to the upgrade.
For the other levels you should see a discrepancy between the sheet and your city. Either because the sheet lists the base numbers (levels 7-49 and for Jewels also level 50), or due to other errors in the sheet (level 50 number for Mana is off, and level 51 is just a copy of the correct lvl 50 number).

I see some discrepancies on the sheet, looks like 2 tiers transposed, but both my mana and jewels are identical and one is CJ level 3, the other CJ level 2. I will fix the absolute errors, but unless we can get some CC verified data for what those numbers should read, or even a city with 0 CJ upgrades, I will leave them as is once I fix the transpositions. Thanks for making me aware of this (still saying possible error) section!
Mayor of Eolythes, overseer of many spreadsheets & maker of many things...MANY things.

Shop Heroes Spreadsheet design by Richard | Super Team Builder original design by Akerson

Arty
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Arty » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:43 pm

Azbandar wrote:but both my mana and jewels are identical and one is CJ level 3, the other CJ level 2.

Yes, after the first CJ upgrade the listed numbers don't seem to change anymore. That's the main reason I made this report.

But since you also have higher upgrades for those buildings, maybe you can confirm what I saw in my other bug report (i.e. that the second CJ upgrade actually doubles the regen rate), and possibly say what happens with the third upgrade (not sure if "CJ level 3" meant two or three CJ upgrades for you).

Azbandar
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Azbandar » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:39 pm

Arty wrote:Yes, after the first CJ upgrade the listed numbers don't seem to change anymore. That's the main reason I made this report.

But since you also have higher upgrades for those buildings, maybe you can confirm what I saw in my other bug report (i.e. that the second CJ upgrade actually doubles the regen rate), and possibly say what happens with the third upgrade (not sure if "CJ level 3" meant two or three CJ upgrades for you).

Hopefully we can get some higher up clarification!

As for the second part, All of the regen rates seem fine on our end. We get about 6 more Mana per minute than we get Jewels (it may be 9, I keep forgetting to actually pay too much attention), they were the same until the CJ 3 upgrade. The difference was the same when we initially took them from 1 to 2. Nothing doubled by any means.

Return to “Bugs & Issues”