new players and gem use on the tradehouse

Report a bug or find troubleshooting tips for known issues.
Forum rules
Before starting a thread, please check to make sure that others have not already reported the same issue. When reporting a bug, please try to provide a screenshot and to describe the proper instance in order for us to replicate the issue. After an issue has been confirmed and/or fixed on our end, the topic for it will be locked to prevent further reports. For all payment related issues, please open a ticket at http://cloudcade.helpshift.com to receive immediate support.
Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

new players and gem use on the tradehouse

Postby Shiroe » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:04 am

Is
Increased Minimum Level to trade with gems from 15 to 20 (now also affects incoming gems rather than outgoing only)

from viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7961
still in effect?

From world chat now and then it kind of seems some newbies on Steam manage to used their gems at tradehouse before level 20,
then buy their first gems/package and then run into the 48(?) hour lockout on spending gems purchased on Steam if below level 20...
(I kind of assumed the raising from 15 to 20 had been done to sync up with/replace that lockout, but it seems like for some that lvl 20 restriction doesn't exist, causing them confusion when buying gems suddenly locks their use on tradehouse without clear feedback.)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Re: new players and gem use on the tradehouse

Postby cc_Darkis » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:35 am

It's been noted and if I recall, it's working by design but it has lead to quite a bit of confusion. I'll look deeper into it to make sure.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Return to “Bugs & Issues”