Raid BP Major Bug - Dragonfire Potion

Report a bug or find troubleshooting tips for known issues.
Forum rules
Before starting a thread, please check to make sure that others have not already reported the same issue. When reporting a bug, please try to provide a screenshot and to describe the proper instance in order for us to replicate the issue. After an issue has been confirmed and/or fixed on our end, the topic for it will be locked to prevent further reports. For all payment related issues, please open a ticket at http://cloudcade.helpshift.com to receive immediate support.
cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Re: Raid BP Major Bug - Dragonfire Potion

Postby cc_Darkis » Thu May 11, 2017 3:23 pm

Shiroe wrote:
avecess wrote:If not then they better fix/remove this nonsense ASAP...

From the fact that it seems to now only be blocked server-side, my guess is that hiding it at the inn and not let it display as being from a primal chest (I'm a bit confused; it showing greyed out in your inventory implies you had/have a potion in your inventory; bought that from trade or can the _item_ (still) be gotten from primal chest?) would need a client update.
If they'd do that quickly (but not push it through Apple's approval queue as a hotfix for a problem that breaks the game), I guess they could push out a fixed update by mid/end of may that probably only contains this fix and the june packages (if any) and push any stuff that was intended for a june patch further to the update after that in end of june or maybe even july.
The problem of a multi-store release: they are kind of at the mercy of all the stores' approval, but especially Apple, for their release/update schedule. :(

I guess the quickest/easiest "fix" would be to have the upcoming raid be the one awarding the potion blueprint.

(whee, looks like the android-samsung app now updated on the 10th, 7 days after the android-google app; hope the people on android-amazon which was also slow on updating it now have the new client too...)

Somethings we can do on the back end with out having to do a new build/release which is important to have. Typically, when adding in new things etc, is when we have to do a new /build/release and of course go through the insane process of getting it submitted and pushed out to all the platforms the game runs on.

Total headache!

This being release wasn't intended but something we are very limited on a 'total' fix. We are not removing it from players as that's too late and unfair, just like it is for folks who did not get to take advantage of this error.

If folks have any issues overall, just contact support and we can see what we can do in the situation if anything.

The game is updated for folks on amazon btw, think yesterday.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

bloop
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby bloop » Thu May 11, 2017 3:35 pm

how did this pass internal testing? did you not trial the new drop rates after increasing primal chest rewards?

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Thu May 11, 2017 3:52 pm

bloop wrote:how did this pass internal testing? did you not trial the new drop rates after increasing primal chest rewards?

Many factors can contribute to the QA guys missing something and happens more times than not in all sorts of games. We will make sure to do better next time as I understand (the Team as well) that stuff like this has a negative impact for players overall. 8-)
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Fri May 12, 2017 3:26 am

cc_Darkis wrote:
bloop wrote:how did this pass internal testing? did you not trial the new drop rates after increasing primal chest rewards?

Many factors can contribute to the QA guys missing something and happens more times than not in all sorts of games.

If it's not fit into a pass/fail automated test, it's easy to miss things...
(for ex. I really, really thought I had written code to set that dovecot.sieve symlink, but it's not there, so likely my brain played tricks on me; time to re-check my code at work next week... :( ;) )

I guess now your automated tests collection can have something like

Code: Select all

mark_all_chest_blueprints_as_aquired
[perform server and client update]
pass if (blueprints_at_inn == NULL)

added which should only fail if actual chest blueprints should get added in that update... ;)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Maydae
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Maydae » Fri May 12, 2017 3:07 pm

Shiroe wrote:
avecess wrote:.....

I guess the quickest/easiest "fix" would be to have the upcoming raid be the one awarding the potion blueprint.

THIS would have been the smartest thing to do... but it didn't happen. Hopefully next week will be the appropriate raid and the issue will be resolved.

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Sat May 13, 2017 2:27 am

Maydae wrote:
Shiroe wrote:
avecess wrote:.....

THIS would have been the smartest thing to do... but it didn't happen. Hopefully next week will be the appropriate raid and the issue will be resolved.

Based on what I've heard people say, it's quite possible that Stake Shooter and Dragonfire Potion were likely intended for last week and this week, but the update somehow made the raid rotation hickup backwards by 2 steps, so now likely we'll get Stake Shooter next week and Dragonfire Potion the week after that. (I guess if they'd want Dragonfire Potion first, they'd have to manually adjust the order (if at all possible) twice)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Maydae
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Maydae » Sat May 13, 2017 12:37 pm

Shiroe wrote:Based on what I've heard people say, it's quite possible that Stake Shooter and Dragonfire Potion were likely intended for last week and this week, but the update somehow made the raid rotation hickup backwards by 2 steps, so now likely we'll get Stake Shooter next week and Dragonfire Potion the week after that. (I guess if they'd want Dragonfire Potion first, they'd have to manually adjust the order (if at all possible) twice)

Pretty sure that if we, as humans, are able to send a rover to Mars that we can figure out how to specify which raid is going to start... also pretty sure that it isn't rocket science.

As it stands, those that were able to get their hands on the BP early have an unfair advantage over everyone else. Other than triggering the appropriate raids manually, gifting (player appreciation/oops... we goofed up) the BP would be another possible solution.

Releasing the Stakeshooter raid before the Dragonfire raid would make no sense considering that the gun bp was not available, from what I understand, yet the potion was.

The fact that this week's raid didn't address this issue indicates that CC either doesn't think it is an issue worthy of intervention, or they haven't thought through the possible solutions aside from just letting the raid schedule run it's normal rotation.

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Sun May 14, 2017 9:02 am

Maydae wrote:
Shiroe wrote:Based on what I've heard people say, it's quite possible that Stake Shooter and Dragonfire Potion were likely intended for last week and this week, but the update somehow made the raid rotation hickup backwards by 2 steps, so now likely we'll get Stake Shooter next week and Dragonfire Potion the week after that. (I guess if they'd want Dragonfire Potion first, they'd have to manually adjust the order (if at all possible) twice)

Pretty sure that if we, as humans, are able to send a rover to Mars that we can figure out how to specify which raid is going to start... also pretty sure that it isn't rocket science.

I think we also managed to crash one because of mixing metric and imperial measures and it thinking it was still way above the surface when it smacked into it... ;)
I guess it depends on if raid order is 100% server-side or also partially coded into the client. If the latter, the rover analogy might be fitting in the way that you might not be able to say from the server "oh, run this raid instead", just like you can't tell the rover "oh drive around that rock that's centimeters in front of you" from earth while it's driving...

As it stands, those that were able to get their hands on the BP early have an unfair advantage over everyone else. Other than triggering the appropriate raids manually, gifting (player appreciation/oops... we goofed up) the BP would be another possible solution.

Can anybody confirm if the potion was only blocked from fragments and chest or also from crafting?

Kim!
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Can anybody confirm if the potion was only blocked from fragments and chest or also from crafting?

Dunno about chests/frags but some players are still crafting it in game right now.

Releasing the Stakeshooter raid before the Dragonfire raid would make no sense considering that the gun bp was not available, from what I understand, yet the potion was.

At this point it's pretty messed up, looks like most cities got an old raid this week but others saw the new stakeshooter raid instead. So some will probably get early access on that as well (though I'd consider the potion bp more desirable).

Maydae
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Maydae » Sun May 14, 2017 3:51 pm

Would be great to get an update from CC on what they are going to do in order to get in front of this issue... other than the laissez fair approach taken so far. Darkis?

Return to “Bugs & Issues”