Detect Secrets (and other extra loot?) skills not working

Report a bug or find troubleshooting tips for known issues.
Forum rules
Before starting a thread, please check to make sure that others have not already reported the same issue. When reporting a bug, please try to provide a screenshot and to describe the proper instance in order for us to replicate the issue. After an issue has been confirmed and/or fixed on our end, the topic for it will be locked to prevent further reports. For all payment related issues, please open a ticket at http://cloudcade.helpshift.com to receive immediate support.
Trisk

Detect Secrets (and other extra loot?) skills not working

Postby Trisk » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:56 pm

Hi. I've seen a bug report below from late March regarding Charles's skills not working. I believe it is a more general bug with Detect Secrets, and possibly with all extra loot skills. Interestingly, those skills WERE working properly for me at the time of the other bug report, but stopped working sometime between the Mar31-Apr2 raid and the Apr 7-9 raid.

In the previous week's raid, Mar 31-Apr2, my Charles + 3x raid bonus people + additional detect secrets item team would bring back 120-150 raid items. In the most recent raid, Apr 7-9, my Charles + 3x raid bonus people + additional detect secrets item team would be bringing back 75-85 items, same as months ago when I didn't have Charles or Detect Secrets items.

My other teams with scavenger and/or treasure hunter items also appeared to be bringing back reduced quantities as well, equivalent to what I used to bring back months ago before I got extra loot skill items, but I can't quantify that very well.

This was consistent throughout the entire raid, so not just a one-off RNG issue.

In a related note, running lvl 1 Primal Horn yesterday, which should give me 1-1 base, with 1x detect secrets and 1x Treasure Hunter II item (Charles not in group), I got 5 items on my Treasure Hunter person, and 1 item on everyone else, which I believe proves that Detect Secrets (and possibly scavenger) is not working. I'm running it again and will try to link screenshots once it completes in about 6 hrs.

aks47u
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: Detect Secrets (and other extra loot?) skills not working

Postby aks47u » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:05 pm

The Mar 31-Apr2 raid (Howling Mountain) is the only 3x bonus, all others are 2x for the chosen three heroes.
Last edited by aks47u on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

WingDingo
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby WingDingo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:06 pm

Scavenger and Detect Secrets should read, "Increase the minimum number of loot found by X, up to the maximum." A range of 1-1 has a maximum of 1, so Scavenger and Detect Secrets has no effect. If it was a range of 1-5 however, Scavenger 1 or Detect Secrets would effectively make it 2-5.

So with Treasure Hunter and Magic Find, the maximum increases, allowing Scavenger and Treasure Hunter take effect. Treasure Hunter 1 makes a 1-1 into a 1-3, and a 1-5 into a 1-7.

Trisk

Postby Trisk » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:26 pm

I was not aware that the Mar31-Apr2 raid had a higher loot bonus modifier. and you are correct, I was not completely thinking through the detect secrets applicability on a lvl 1 quest. Move along, nothing to see here. :mrgreen:

Return to “Bugs & Issues”