Charles' Detect secrets bugged.

Report a bug or find troubleshooting tips for known issues.
Forum rules
Before starting a thread, please check to make sure that others have not already reported the same issue. When reporting a bug, please try to provide a screenshot and to describe the proper instance in order for us to replicate the issue. After an issue has been confirmed and/or fixed on our end, the topic for it will be locked to prevent further reports. For all payment related issues, please open a ticket at http://cloudcade.helpshift.com to receive immediate support.
Retaeiyu
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Charles' Detect secrets bugged.

Postby Retaeiyu » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:53 pm

I don't have him myself but I've seen people talking about how his detect secrets skill is bugged and does not apply. Might be worth looking into.
Retaeiyu#50373

rashimakerenmosa

Re: Charles' Detect secrets bugged.

Postby rashimakerenmosa » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:48 pm

I have had this occur at least once. WIll try to get screenshots if it happens again.

inVoh

Postby inVoh » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:20 am

I confirm, I was getting 1x horns from 1st stage of primal horn quest with him in party who has detect secrets and Magic Find. I'd expect everyone to bring 2 horns back, but this wasn't the case.

cc_Tristan
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Tristan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:21 am

Thanks for the reports - we'll be sure to look into it!

Just to clarify the intended behavior of Detect Secrets - while it will raise the minimum amount of treasure brought back, it will not raise it above the maximum (that would require something like Treasure Hunter). So if a quest has a loot range of (for example) 1-1, Detect Secrets will not allow a hero to bring back 2 artifacts from it.

Is that the behavior you're seeing? Or is it (for example) that he's bringing back 1 artifact on a quest with a loot range of, say, 1-3?

yingying
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby yingying » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:18 am

cc_Tristan wrote:Just to clarify the intended behavior of Detect Secrets - while it will raise the minimum amount of treasure brought back, it will not raise it above the maximum (that would require something like Treasure Hunter). So if a quest has a loot range of (for example) 1-1, Detect Secrets will not allow a hero to bring back 2 artifacts from it.

Question: If Charles has unlocked both Detect Secrets and Magic Fund, what is the expected loot range of a quest originally having 1-1? Will the new range become 2-3?

cc_Tristan
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Tristan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:54 am

That's exactly what the intended result would be, yingying!

yingying
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby yingying » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:58 am

Awesome! That's more than double the reward for high level quests. Now back to training the professor :D

Retaeiyu

Postby Retaeiyu » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:14 am

cc_Tristan wrote:Thanks for the reports - we'll be sure to look into it!

Just to clarify the intended behavior of Detect Secrets - while it will raise the minimum amount of treasure brought back, it will not raise it above the maximum (that would require something like Treasure Hunter). So if a quest has a loot range of (for example) 1-1, Detect Secrets will not allow a hero to bring back 2 artifacts from it.

Is that the behavior you're seeing? Or is it (for example) that he's bringing back 1 artifact on a quest with a loot range of, say, 1-3?

Hmm maybe the people I'm seeing say this dont have his Magic Find unlocked yet? But if they do have it unlocked and they still get 1 then if should be bugged, yeah?
Retaeiyu#50373

cc_Tristan
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Tristan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:13 pm

Retaeiyu wrote:
cc_Tristan wrote:Thanks for the reports - we'll be sure to look into it!

Hmm maybe the people I'm seeing say this dont have his Magic Find unlocked yet? But if they do have it unlocked and they still get 1 then if should be bugged, yeah?

Exactly.

Return to “Bugs & Issues”