READ FIRST! How and When to Write Bugs

Report a bug or find troubleshooting tips for known issues.
Forum rules
Before starting a thread, please check to make sure that others have not already reported the same issue. When reporting a bug, please try to provide a screenshot and to describe the proper instance in order for us to replicate the issue. After an issue has been confirmed and/or fixed on our end, the topic for it will be locked to prevent further reports. For all payment related issues, please open a ticket at http://cloudcade.helpshift.com to receive immediate support.
cc_Tadaaah
"Legendary" Mastery Member

READ FIRST! How and When to Write Bugs

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Hi there,

Here's a handy dandy guide to writing up bug/technical issues. Please read entire thread for easy to use report templates

Sometimes bugs happen! They suck and they're frustrating! When these occur we want to be able to resolve them as quickly as possible. The following is meant to help guide you to providing the most amount of information possible so we can resolve these pesky bugs FASTER!

Help us, help you! :D Let's squish these little boogers!

Ask yourself the following questions:
  • Have I read the known issues list? (It can be found with the patch notes and additionally from the FAQ [FAQ is accessible in-game])
  • Did I search the forums?
  • Have I tried basic trouble shooting techniques?
  • Can I give a description to what occurred?

If you answered no to all of these questions, you should do these first and then come back!

You have read the Known Issues list
Awesome! Thank you so much for taking the time to read through our known issues list! If you found that the bug is on this list, please do not write it up again. This will avoid diluting the unknown bugs so we can find/fix them faster! It will also keep our teams working towards fixes/new features/etc. If you didn't find the issue, move to the next question before writing up a new thread or report.

I have search the forums!
Sweet! Now you may or may not find the topic. Sometimes, forums are hard to find items, but typically these will be on the first 2-3 pages max.

OK, they weren't on pages 1-3. Please move to the next question before writing up a report.

I found it on pages 1-3. Cool, please make a comment on that thread to let us know you're also experiencing this as well. Use one of the templates at the bottom of this thread for the information to post.

What basic trouble-shooting should I try?

These will solve a good 80% of reports.

Sometimes a piece of bad data just makes it through on your update. It's inconvenient, but it happens. Here are basic tips for trouble shooting. They can be used for items like "All the sudden my characters legs aren't appearing!", "I can log in on my phone, but I can't login on Facebook!"; "I updated and now nothing works!";

There are a lot things that cause a lot of different items. A good indication that it's something simple is when it's only happening on a single platform. That's always a good thing to note! Then, if it is on our side, we'll know to look at that platform first.

Additionally, these are the items that you will probably be asked to do first if you send a ticket.
  • Clearing you cache
    • Mobile: Enter App Manager: Clear cache. This maybe slightly different on each device
    • Web: Enter browser settings: Clear cache
    • Unity Cache (for web): https://unity3d.com/webplayer/setup
  • Force close the app/Restart the app
  • Restart your device
  • Uninstall/Reinstall the game (be sure you link your account to not lose it.)
  • Make sure you have 1GB or more of free space
  • Make sure you have 1GM of RAM
  • Update your OS to the latest version
  • Update to the latest client version
  • Be sure to play on a strong connection
  • For connection issues:
    • Restart WiFi/Internet connection on device
    • Restart Router

Ok, I've tried all of these and it still happens! That's ok, now you probably have a good idea of how to reproduce the bug and we'll need that information to solve it! Here are some templates/examples you can use to report your bug/issue!

Please fill in with the information appropriate to the account experiencing the issue. You must be the account holder to write in a report.

Account: ShopKeeperName#12345 (This can be found on your profile screen under your shop keeper name.)
Device Model: X
Affected Platform: [this is the platform you are experiencing the bug/issue]
Working Platform: [this is a platform you can still perform normally]
Level: X
City: X
Gold: X
Gems: X

Description:
When I perform X action, then Y action occurs.

Steps to reproduce:
1. X
2. Y
3. Z

Produced: X/Y X=times bug occurred/Y=times attempted to re-create bug

Remember to use as many details as possible!

Here's an example:
Account: Tadaaah#12345
Device Model: Motorola Design your own X-2
Affected Platform: Android
Working Platform: Works normally on my iPad 2 (iOS), Facebook
Level: 34
City: Peaches
Gold: 3423546
Gems: 21

When I enter the quest selection menu and select a quest with the auto-party feature on, the game does not automatically place a group of heroes that can complete the quest. I have tried this on the following quests: City Sewers, Ice Palace, and Ancient Ruins. It happens across all quests.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Enter the Inn menu
2. Select a quest slot
3. Select a dungeon
4. Observe the automatic party does not meet power requirements

[screenshot] If screenshot can be obtained, please obtain a screenshot.

Produced: 7/10 times

Here's another example ofa more common problem (typically 90% time fixed with basic troubleshooting):

Device Model: Motorola Design your own X-2
Affected Platform: Android
Working Platform: Facebook

When I try to enter the game, the game remains on the loading screen and then closes. I have tried to login into the game from Facebook and can access the game normally.

Step to reproduce:
1. Enter game
2. Observe load time and crash

Produced: 10/10 times

One more:

Device Model: Samsung Galaxy s5, iPhone 6s, Internet Explorer
Affected Platform: Android, iOS, Facebook
Working Platform:

When I updated my game and a new player joined our city, the city screen turns black. When I return to my main shop, the crafting times are set to 1s and I cannot click on crafting slots. The timer countdown does not countdown. The roulette screen will not appear. I am unable to enter the Inn screen.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Update game
2. Enter City Screen
3. Observe black screen
4. Return to main shop
5. Try to click on craft slot
6. Try to click on roulette
7. Try to enter Inn screen

Produced: 10/10
1. Enter the game

These are just some examples and details are key! The more information you can provide for us the easy it will be for us to locate the problem and get it fixed! While we test every build and test on all platforms, there are some bugs that slip through. Additionally, it wouldn't be feasible to test each individual device that can play the game as there are thousands available! But we hope the when bugs occur we can swiftly solve these for you! This is just a little guide to help us help you FASTER! Thanks!

cc_Tadaaah

Re: Should I write a bug/issue report? How should I write it?

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:41 am

Did you read this thread before posting? You should.

cc_Tadaaah

Re: READ FIRST! How and When to Write Bugs

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:29 am

Just a reminder: You should all read and follow the template in this thread.

Thanks!

Return to “Bugs & Issues”