Store suggestion

Share your ideas on how to improve Shop Heroes.
Forum rules
Please check other threads before posting a suggestion or providing feedback to make sure that there are no duplicate threads on the same subject. We value your feedback and suggestions and will prioritize those with the most demand, however, please be patient with us as we already have a very packed pipeline for new content delivery. Any feedback that has already been taken into account will result in the thread being locked as further discussions are no longer necessary.
MI-Wolf

Store suggestion

Postby MI-Wolf » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:02 pm

As being a free to play game, I don't understand one of your selling method's. When you put up the special packs to buy you only have them for a limited time. This doesn't make sense to me for the following reasons. First, you are removing a revenue stream from the game. If the packs were always available to buy then I think you would make more money. Before anyone says you can also contact support to buy it, doesn't understand "impulse" buying. Do you know why there is candy and other junk at the register of stores? It is to get people to buy items on impulse. If they put the candy behind the counter and you had to ask for what you wanted, they would sell less candy. The same principle applies here. I was looking over recipes and saw one that was part of a pack. I would have purchased that pack if it was just sitting in the store. "See" an impulse buy. But since I have to go through support and wait god knows how long to do this transaction, I decided against it. That would be too much hassle to go through. If it was sitting there in your store you would have made $15 bucks from my impulse buy. Since it wasn't, you got nothing. You should really consider adding all of the packs into the store and let people buy them whenever they want. You will see a increase in revenue. Isn't that want your company is about making money to pay your employees and your bills?

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: Store suggestion

Postby Shiroe » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:03 am

"Simple": package start/end dates seem to be hardcoded into the client app.
The frequency of updates used to be one update in a bit over a month with a 2 week run time on the (new) package(s), so only a bit over 2 weeks downtime between packages showing.
Now that the update cycle has kind of broken down, there isn't the package popup trigger from a new update.
The solution would be to re-code the system, so they can trigger/push package start and end dates from the server side.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

MI-Wolf

Postby MI-Wolf » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:20 am

Shiroe wrote:"Simple": package start/end dates seem to be hardcoded into the client app.
The frequency of updates used to be one update in a bit over a month with a 2 week run time on the (new) package(s), so only a bit over 2 weeks downtime between packages showing.
Now that the update cycle has kind of broken down, there isn't the package popup trigger from a new update.
The solution would be to re-code the system, so they can trigger/push package start and end dates from the server side.

I doubt they would have to re-code. I would assume that the packs have a start and end date. They would only need to change the end date to something far in the future.

Tristanb

Postby Tristanb » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:31 pm

Having seasonal content is part of many games and based on reality. If they were availabe the whole year, if would make the theme behind those packs ridiculous. Like weres the point of a christmas themed pack, with presents or a Christmas tree, during sommer?
The game has already packs which are availabe the whole time, their design isnt based on holidays or similiar stuff. The only reason people want to buy seasonal packs, even though its not that season at that time, is because they want a special blueprint out of that pack. Thats special to this game and thus why you can get them a special way, even if they arent offered. In many other games: once a seasonal contents timer has run out, you actually cant get that stuff anymore. Its actually nice that this isnt the case for blueprints in shop heroes.
That packs are offered even though its not that season of the year, and packs arent offered during the time they should be, is probably because of how the people in CC use their time.

Also, there are over 30 seasonal packs. Having all of them be always available would look pretty bad.

alanx
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby alanx » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:42 am

Tristanb wrote:Having seasonal content is part of many games and based on reality. If they were availabe the whole year, if would make the theme behind those packs ridiculous. Like weres the point of a christmas themed pack, with presents or a Christmas tree, during sommer?
The game has already packs which are availabe the whole time, their design isnt based on holidays or similiar stuff. The only reason people want to buy seasonal packs, even though its not that season at that time, is because they want a special blueprint out of that pack. Thats special to this game and thus why you can get them a special way, even if they arent offered. In many other games: once a seasonal contents timer has run out, you actually cant get that stuff anymore. Its actually nice that this isnt the case for blueprints in shop heroes.
That packs are offered even though its not that season of the year, and packs arent offered during the time they should be, is probably because of how the people in CC use their time.

Also, there are over 30 seasonal packs. Having all of them be always available would look pretty bad.

I completely agree with this.
However, I think there is merit in solving the OP's basic issue. A simple fix for this would be to have a special anniversary event during which all seasonal packs would be available for purchase in the store for say 7-14 days. Make it a yearly event to catch up on any missed packs. This would significantly reduce the overhead on the support team. It would also give players to save up their money to spend like how steam sales work. It would also be a quick surge in profits for CC.

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:51 am

Another thing: the shop seems to work well with the up to 7 non-seasonal packs and up to 3 seasonal ones out, but there's no telling if having all seasonals out might bug something/lag something...
Also: no idea if they can stuff 30+ start and end times for a package into the app/client at the same time. (yes, would be nice if they would code start/end times out of the client and to the server :| )
(and didn't we already have quirks/bugs in the past with some trowback packages not showing for people, even though they didn't buy the package before?)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

alanx
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby alanx » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:45 am

Shiroe wrote:Another thing: the shop seems to work well with the up to 7 non-seasonal packs and up to 3 seasonal ones out, but there's no telling if having all seasonals out might bug something/lag something...
Also: no idea if they can stuff 30+ start and end times for a package into the app/client at the same time. (yes, would be nice if they would code start/end times out of the client and to the server :| )
(and didn't we already have quirks/bugs in the past with some trowback packages not showing for people, even though they didn't buy the package before?)

If there are bugs then they need to be fixed. Its not an excuse for missing seasonal packs. Also if managing multiple packs is so difficult then that's furthermore a reason for them to push an update every month anyway.
This whole thing of us making excuses for CC is just becoming a chicken and egg kind of issue. Any excuse one comes up with just belies some other existing excuse.

MI-Wolf

Postby MI-Wolf » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:18 am

Tristanb wrote:Having seasonal content is part of many games and based on reality. If they were availabe the whole year, if would make the theme behind those packs ridiculous. Like weres the point of a christmas themed pack, with presents or a Christmas tree, during sommer?

I completely disagree with this for 3 reasons. First, when you buy a seasonal pack it is not just some decorations or such. They have viable and sought after BPs. If these packs did not have BPs in them, then I would agree with you. There is no way to obtain these BPs without buying the pack. And I don't want to hear about how you can go through support and buy it. Support is so backed up they can't even answer technical problems on time. Second, what difference does it make if I see seasonal packs out of their season? If I buy a Christmas pack in June, it doesn't effect you at all? If you have already purchased it, you wont see it in the store. If CC was on the ball about bringing these packs back at during their correct season; then maybe this wouldn't be needed. But they are not. They didn't put anything out at Christmas. Easter is this weekend and they don't have anything coming out then either. So, you whole seasonal agreement is out the door; it is not happening. Third, they are a business and need to act like one. They have a product to sell and they are not selling it. Stop trying to make excuses for them.

Tristanb

Postby Tristanb » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:08 pm

MI-Wolf wrote:
I completely disagree with this for 3 reasons. First, when you buy a seasonal pack it is not just some decorations or such. They have viable and sought after BPs. If these packs did not have BPs in them, then I would agree with you. There is no way to obtain these BPs without buying the pack. And I don't want to hear about how you can go through support and buy it. Support is so backed up they can't even answer technical problems on time.
Second, what difference does it make if I see seasonal packs out of their season? If I buy a Christmas pack in June, it doesn't effect you at all? If you have already purchased it, you wont see it in the store. If CC was on the ball about bringing these packs back at during their correct season; then maybe this wouldn't be needed. But they are not. They didn't put anything out at Christmas. Easter is this weekend and they don't have anything coming out then either. So, you whole seasonal agreement is out the door; it is not happening. Third, they are a business and need to act like one. They have a product to sell and they are not selling it. Stop trying to make excuses for them.

Im not making any excuses for them, im not even trying to. Im just saying that "seasonal" packs just dont work like the normal packs. Like, even going for your example: No store in reality sells advent Calendar in february, because theres just not enough of a reason to use the space needed to have them in the store. Buying on "impulse" doesnt make the cut on that one. Doing that would most likely just make customers think "the owner of this place doesnt even know what time of the year it is"- which is in fact what people were thinking when CC had some random packs offered at the end of last year, or rather the ones which were asked for the most.
And yes, you might think space doesnt matter in a game, yet still, having all of them be available the whole year would mean to have 35+ packs available; all the time. Like who wants to check through an ingame shop which offers that many packs for 15$+ each?
The biggest reason that held me back on buying packs for quite a while was that they had so many packs; that it does cost like 700$+ to get all of them. If they wouldve offered them all at that time, i would probably have quit the moment i saw it.

Like, if you are sad about not being able to buy the pack(s) you want right now, or sad about the support not acting like you think they should, or even about the fact that they arent offering content like they should; im not against it. Many are waiting for content, and many would buy (more) packs, if they were offered properly. Many thinks CC could and should do better; many thinks that makes people lose interest in the game.
But offering all packs, just so people could buy whatever they want easier, doesnt solve the real problems. So no reason to tell CC that they should spend their time in changing the code to make that stuff happen (They might even break it). They should rather focus on something else (If they do anything at all). And its not like the game doesnt have enough problems to solve. Like
MI-Wolf wrote:They didn't put anything out at Christmas. Easter is this weekend and they don't have anything coming out then either.

is way more of a problem than the fact that one cant buy one of the Christmas packs right now. I would rather see them actually get something going instead of dumping all packs into the ingame shop. Something that makes those times be special, so waiting for them becomes worth it.

alanx wrote:(...)
However, I think there is merit in solving the OP's basic issue. A simple fix for this would be to have a special anniversary event during which all seasonal packs would be available for purchase in the store for say 7-14 days. Make it a yearly event to catch up on any missed packs. This would significantly reduce the overhead on the support team. It would also give players to save up their money to spend like how steam sales work. It would also be a quick surge in profits for CC.

I dont think thats the real issue, or rather that this one would solve it. Not saying its a bad idea; its actually way better than what they did last anniversary, in fact i would be happy to see them do such stuff.
But the anniversary isnt even close to March. And the issue seems more on the point of those packs not being offered right now or in the close future.

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:22 am

Tristanb wrote:
MI-Wolf wrote:They didn't put anything out at Christmas. Easter is this weekend and they don't have anything coming out then either.

is way more of a problem than the fact that one cant buy one of the Christmas packs right now. I would rather see them actually get something going instead of dumping all packs into the ingame shop. Something that makes those times be special, so waiting for them becomes worth it.

I interpreted Darkis' newest post on the subject as that they might try to get something out end of april/beginning of may-ish and then some bigger content (Cold War?) maybe july-ish...
In combination with the quick and dirty hack of apparently package start and end dates (including throwbacks) hardcoded in the client app, this seeming tunnelvision on "no, we can't release a new version unless new game content is added in it!" means no new or season-appropriate throwback packs. (I wish they would just either release regelar-ish "minor bugfix + season-appropriate throwback packs" updates or recode it so the server could trigger start and end dates for packs already existing in the client app)

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”