Money Loaning System, with unlimited liability

Share your ideas on how to improve Shop Heroes.
Forum rules
Please check other threads before posting a suggestion or providing feedback to make sure that there are no duplicate threads on the same subject. We value your feedback and suggestions and will prioritize those with the most demand, however, please be patient with us as we already have a very packed pipeline for new content delivery. Any feedback that has already been taken into account will result in the thread being locked as further discussions are no longer necessary.
Hime

Money Loaning System, with unlimited liability

Postby Hime » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:39 am

I think it would be interesting if there were some sort of loaning system in the game.

At some point, money becomes a bit redundant since it becomes really easy to get it and you're mostly just flipping it for gems, but when I started the game, an extra 10m starting capital would've gone such a long way to get things up and running, whether it's to upgrade furniture, or to buy equipment for heroes so that they can start gathering quest material to sell, or to buy equipment to fuse.

So the basic idea is, someone needs money for some reason, and someone else is willing to loan you that money with the understanding that they will get it back with interest. Naturally, why would you help a random person unless you just feel like helping people out? There must be a return on that investment.

Now, here comes the fun part: if the loanee is unable to pay the loaner back within the established contract period, then the loaner will be able to beat their door down and grab something they want to recoup their losses. Perhaps a mythical equip, or some gems.

Just like in our world, there are nice loaners, and not so nice loaners.
We can replicate this in the game, and perhaps people will learn a lesson before they lose everything with their own personal finances.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: Money Loaning System, with unlimited liability

Postby Shiroe » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:54 am

First: eww, loan sharks doesn't really fit with the game style. ;) People already feel bad enough if they typo a tradehouse offer/request or accidentally complete one of the obnoxious gem spend popups... (and one of the reasons for tradehouse caps were to reduce the options for people to lay a bait + a landmine, for ex on an item with no gold offers yet, a 12K offer followed by a 12M offer, so someone trying to quickly grab the deal ending up overpaying for the 2)

Another reason for tradehouse caps, key sell lockouts until a certain amount of chests opened etc. was to reduce gold flow towards new players, so that kind of makes any "hey, make it easier to funnel gold to newbies" ideas not exactly likely to be implemented...
(AKA: they _want_ gold to be a bottleneck until at least late-midgame)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Hime

Postby Hime » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:23 am

Designing the user experience to make it easy for you to mess up (with respect to annoying popups that happen constantly) is just a pretty silly conflict-of-interest business move. But I won't pay too much attention to it since it's pretty much become a standard unethical practice amongst most games.

As for people that are betting on players making mistakes...honestly I welcome it.
If you are too careless with your money in-game, then what are you going to do when you accidentally tip your waiter $100 instead of $10? Raise a stink to the owner or your credit card company? Double check your numbers before you hit submit until it's become a reflex. While I can sympathize with players that may not be as experienced and make these kinds of mistakes, I hope they actually learn from it rather than blame others for it and rage quit. I learned that pretty quickly when I noticed the game sometimes resets your input price to some other number.

As for tradehouse caps and making it difficult to funnel money, I suppose. If the business feels that the game is reaching its time and just wants to try to milk as much as it can before it focuses on other investments, that is their choice I guess. If players are willing to put up with it, then they have no reason to change.

Mitrax
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Mitrax » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:07 am

Nice idea. I would make second account. The secound one will not able to pay back to the first. The first will grab the fusion cauldron of the second.

Repeat 4 times to have 5 couldron's. Very nice! :lol:

Maybe ist woul better to get a higher capital at the beginning.....

Regards
Mitrax

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:43 am

Hime wrote:As for tradehouse caps and making it difficult to funnel money, I suppose. If the business feels that the game is reaching its time and just wants to try to milk as much as it can before it focuses on other investments, that is their choice I guess. If players are willing to put up with it, then they have no reason to change.

Nah, it was more a case of more people getting to late game, so building up excess gold, so more people competing/offering more gold for the newbies' gems and keys, resulting in influx of gold towards newbies being multiple times as fast as the year(s) before and them toning that back.
Back when I started, investing in a solo city enough to unlock things like mana/jewels was a long and hard process unless you RNG-ed a good chest blueprint. Right now even with the restrictions, I could probably solo-unlock those within 1-2 weeks on a new account mostly because the TH cap gold T1 artifacts give them a pretty high gold income even without keys or other things that have been restricted more...
(fun fact: when I started, a gem could get you maybe 30k gold, while right now that's probably 4M+ (heck, quick flipping gold to gems costs me more than 10M per gem))

:| I wish WingDingDingo was still here. I'm sure these days he could do his lvl 1-25 speedruns in less than 25 hours.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Hime

Postby Hime » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:16 pm

Mitrax wrote:Nice idea. I would make second account. The secound one will not able to pay back to the first. The first will grab the fusion cauldron of the second.

Repeat 4 times to have 5 couldron's. Very nice! :lol:

Maybe ist woul better to get a higher capital at the beginning.....

Regards
Mitrax

Well, you could.

But if you're going to go with fusion factories with alt accounts, you can already do that: just set up multiple accounts, add them all to one city, move items over from your main account to your alt account with cheap requests to power-level them and then flip those gems for money to upgrade fusion cauldron. And then you can just move all the items to one alt, have that alt join your main city, transfer items, then remove the alt. Since the town hall is SOOO cheap, you could probably make a lv 15 cauldron with less than 1m worth of town hall boosting.

This idea would not introduce a loophole that doesn't exist already, but I didn't think of how alts could be abused currently until you mentioned it. It might make it somewhat easier since you can direct transfer gold, gems, and items, but then that could be mitigated by putting restrictions on the contracts themselves.

Shiroe wrote:Nah, it was more a case of more people getting to late game, so building up excess gold, so more people competing/offering more gold for the newbies' gems and keys, resulting in influx of gold towards newbies being multiple times as fast as the year(s) before and them toning that back.

Wouldn't it be a good thing for newbies to get lots and lots of gold so that they can reach higher levels, which would then really test their patience and may result in more gem purchases?

Or perhaps a newbie starting out finds things are really slow, decides to flip gems for pocket change because they only have access to wooden or iron chests in the market, still finds money pretty slow and decides to buy more gems to fuel their iron chest flipping.

alanx
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby alanx » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:38 am

Kudos for the idea but it just feels so unnecessary. You’re basically talking about experiencing the trials and tribulations of real life inside a game. Why would anyone wanna play the game for that? Go play “real life” lol.
Not only is the idea far fetched to implement but it basically amounts to making a profit without having to play the game which is a conflict of interest to any game developer.

Hime

Postby Hime » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:40 pm

alanx wrote:Kudos for the idea but it just feels so unnecessary. You’re basically talking about experiencing the trials and tribulations of real life inside a game. Why would anyone wanna play the game for that? Go play “real life” lol.

You only get one shot in the game of life. Make a mistake, and you and your family's done.
At least with a game, the worst you've lost is all the time and money you've spent on it, which I hope is not too significant.

Training simulators exist for a reason.

Not only is the idea far fetched to implement but it basically amounts to making a profit without having to play the game which is a conflict of interest to any game developer.

I'm sure there are ways to implement that would not result in players not playing the game.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”