My gripes about the game.

Share your ideas on how to improve Shop Heroes.
Forum rules
Please check other threads before posting a suggestion or providing feedback to make sure that there are no duplicate threads on the same subject. We value your feedback and suggestions and will prioritize those with the most demand, however, please be patient with us as we already have a very packed pipeline for new content delivery. Any feedback that has already been taken into account will result in the thread being locked as further discussions are no longer necessary.
Takahmasak

My gripes about the game.

Postby Takahmasak » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:44 pm

Hey guys, thanks for putting together a good shop sim. I've been playing it for quite a while, and while I enjoy it, there are a few things that are bothersome.

1. I hate having the item quality thrown in my face after crafting something of good + quality. It interferes with the flow of the game and a large majority of the time, I don't care.

My suggestions: Have an option in the settings where I'm only notified after whatever level I want to be notified with the default being good. Alternately, the background of the completed item could be whatever item quality it was crafted at, as it's already color coded.

2. There needs to be more incentive for people to raid beyond getting the bare minimum to leech. People who get 3000+ gets the same as the person who gets 1.

My suggestion: Add a requirement to collect each level. I would recommend 25 each. So for example a person getting 100 would be able to collect the first four rewards, but no more.

3. Not really a gameplay issue, but at the current prices... I would never purchase any of the purchasable content. $40 is a few full games off steam. Even $20 for the others is too much, in my opinion. These things NEVER have a sale?

4. The higher level you are, the more you are bottle necked by the cauldron.

My suggestion: At level 40 add a second, coin purchasable, cauldron. Even with the same gem requirements to upgrade, it will remove some of the bottleneck. At it's current pace, the game slows to a crawl around craft level 40 items.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: My gripes about the game.

Postby Shiroe » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:17 am

Takahmasak wrote:Hey guys, thanks for putting together a good shop sim. I've been playing it for quite a while, and while I enjoy it, there are a few things that are bothersome.

1. I hate having the item quality thrown in my face after crafting something of good + quality. It interferes with the flow of the game and a large majority of the time, I don't care.

My suggestions: Have an option in the settings where I'm only notified after whatever level I want to be notified with the default being good. Alternately, the background of the completed item could be whatever item quality it was crafted at, as it's already color coded.

requested lots and lots of times, but still not implemented... :(

2. There needs to be more incentive for people to raid beyond getting the bare minimum to leech. People who get 3000+ gets the same as the person who gets 1.

My suggestion: Add a requirement to collect each level. I would recommend 25 each. So for example a person getting 100 would be able to collect the first four rewards, but no more.

Runs into cases like some good raider being busy a weekend and the city still wanting them to have all prizes, since those do add to the power/ability to contribute of that person.
Not sure what to do about intentional leeching; kicking and maybe circulating a blacklist among cities (on Discord?) I guess are the least bad I can think of. :|

3. Not really a gameplay issue, but at the current prices... I would never purchase any of the purchasable content. $40 is a few full games off steam. Even $20 for the others is too much, in my opinion. These things NEVER have a sale?

The free to play with in-app purchases business model is a quirky one... Relying on only a tiny percentage of players (below 5%?) to fund the game and trying to keep the players playing for months/years in the hope they start buying or lure more players to the game. :|
And indeed other than the wonky "you bought the seasonal package for $15 last year, so now the 2 new ones as set cost $25", there haven't been any package sales since I started playing in august 2015.

4. The higher level you are, the more you are bottle necked by the cauldron.

My suggestion: At level 40 add a second, coin purchasable, cauldron. Even with the same gem requirements to upgrade, it will remove some of the bottleneck. At it's current pace, the game slows to a crawl around craft level 40 items.

Unfortunately there isn't yet real end-game content beyond "fuse mythical skilled gear for your heroes to overkill raid and quests more", so until they add such end-game content, making cauldron less bottleneck-y would just make people reach the "nothing left to do" point earlier and players quitting because there's nothing left for them to do obviously isn't in Cloudcade's interest...
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”