Cauldron need improvement

Share your ideas on how to improve Shop Heroes.
Forum rules
Please check other threads before posting a suggestion or providing feedback to make sure that there are no duplicate threads on the same subject. We value your feedback and suggestions and will prioritize those with the most demand, however, please be patient with us as we already have a very packed pipeline for new content delivery. Any feedback that has already been taken into account will result in the thread being locked as further discussions are no longer necessary.
Opywang

Cauldron need improvement

Postby Opywang » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:57 pm

I came to a realization that cauldron is the main key to the game, and it need a huge improvement on them. I have already 3 slot on the couldron, and even 3 slot is still ineffective, and it won't allow me to get the 4th slot till I fully upgrade them, but if 3 is too slow then the 4th will hardly make a different.

Also an another thing I notice that cauldron is basically worthless to upgrade weapon for profit unless you plan to sell for gems, or to craft weapon, or to make weapon for your toon. Yes some item in game would be worth upgrading weapon to like Epic cause players is willing to pay full price on epic while other they will pay less.

It take 2 regular to make green, 2 green to make blue, 3 blue to make teal, and 5 teal to make epic. Total amount to make an epic is 60 regular, and even if we burn 60 regular we are loosing a ton of profit thus making the cauldron useless.

This is my suggestion.

First Options
Make price double, or higher for every level of weapon at least so players can use the cauldron. We are loosing price for ever level we upgrade thus make it useless unless you cannot sell to your NPC for leveling.

Second Options
Since we use 3 to 4 slot limit we should allow players to have unlimited slot there is more profit for your business, but it will not improve the market because players are not profiting from the cauldron, and also make unlimited crafting along with the cauldron in that case.

Third Options
Make price more than 10 X for higher colors like for an example grey 10 X, blue 20 x, green 30 x, teal 40 x, epic 50 x, yellow, 60 x, red 120 x.

Forth Options
At least we can remove the governor, and make it unlimited to all, and allow players to sell how much they wish to sell. I am not seeing why we have to have the limit, and isn't it all about supply, and demand if it isn't then what the point of the game?

Here is an example

Crystal Asunder Axe price 125,000, and Epic Axe sells at 4 million it's loosing 2 million in values and that is a total of 20 axes loss in values even without the X 10.

This is a great loss we're talking a phenomenal of loss by more than 100%

60 x asunder axe are 7,462,500 X 10 are 70 million
1 X Epic asunder axe are close to 5,000,000 after X 10

See the different it's like way below 100% profit.

If we have the price right players would use the cauldron, and start selling all varies of colors rather than try to sell for gems. We do not see any other colors rarely that sells for gold unless players are doing it for gems.

Opywang

Re: Cauldron need improvement

Postby Opywang » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:10 am

I am trying to improve the game to make it more realistic the game isn't realistic enough it's as fake as the fakest thing you've ever seen.

I'm not trying to insult, or anything I just want to give suggestion, and help y'all to make the game more realistic, and also you could at least make trade free, or something to like guild mate, or to players that want it free, or something without having to find a loop hole at least that will make the game realistic enough.

If we have price limit then it's really make the game not realistic at all it make the game feels like solo playing, and playing with computer, and it has no challenge.

I just want to make the game feel realistic like real world, and players can have real challenge, and feel the thrill of the realistic.

cynthrocks
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby cynthrocks » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:32 am

Hmm... I'm not very good at this, but I'll give it a solid go before the real player get here.

Fusion, as is, (except for the horribly long timers) is pretty good. If you have a bunch of common items, which I honestly never do, you can do a common/flawless fuse for a chance at an epic. You can combine goods and greats for a chance at a flawless. You can combine so many different qualities and items and have a chance at better results than c/c, g/g, gr/gr/gr, etc.

As for the market, the 10× cap was added later to make the market more... I wanna say fair. As we all know, some items are worth more in terms of usefulness than others. But why should higher quality lvl 8 boots, because they are a hot commodity, not be accessible to a lvl 8 player? Putting a cap on the price is an equalizer.

As for making it more like realistic... Its a game. We play to escape real life.

Opywang

Postby Opywang » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:41 am

Right now I'm making nearly 1 billion a day, and all I am doing is putting gold in town, but I make almost zero from item in game, and I cheat of course I buy gems, and gems is what makes me the money.

I can understand that this game is base on real money, and greed will come first before enjoyment which is very understandable, but since greed is priority now players will have to spend weeks to get mythical weapon for there toon rather than buying from the shop since the shop is rigged, and made for players to rip you off cause you can't set the price for what it is worth unless you use gems which the game rather because gems mean profit.

Here is the summary greed equal fake game, and more profit for the company whoever own this game, and if they remove the greed, and put players first then realistic begin, and the game will start feeling real.

Lets be honest with each other does the game feels real? Heck no it doesn't it fake you only play to get item for your heros, and you crafts to get levels, but hardly you will crafts to make money because there is no money to be made due to where you're not allow to adjust price what you think they are worth.

If this game was real we be seeing yellow weapon, and red weapon, be for sale for gold, and we are not seeing that because it's fake as crap, and players only over charge 500 gems for mythical which is value at 2 million per gems which mean 1 billion gold, or more, and if the game would change that, and remove the limit then it would be all about supply, and demand.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:11 am

- There's too much gold in the game as is, which is one of the reasons why the value of a gem keeps going up. Around global launch it was something like 30k gold/gem, while right now it's something like 4-5M gold/gem.

- Price caps: partly to prevent things like putting a 12k item for sale behind a 1.2k item to trick quick clickers into buying overpriced/selling underpriced and partly to prevent newbies to be able to coast their way to 10G+ networth within a week. (you'd probably have 5M+ great nordic lutes and 200k+ on iron wood without caps.)

- See the strategy section of the forum for a topic on fusion tricks to shortcut to higher qualities and/or to speedup. Those fusion tricks kind of make sure that, except for maybe level 5 and below and very high level items, flawless+ for gold would be scooped up in seconds, even if the cap would be twice as high, to be used as fusion fodder.

And probably most important: for now there isn't really much to do after fusing the super gear for your heroes with which they can run the highest quest easy, quickly and with lots of loot and with which they can do well in the arena and fusing all those darn flawless precrafts to master all your blueprints... So for now there's no further goalpost to keep you playing for more months after you finish fusing, so having you finish your fusing quicker is not in Cloudcade's interest. (while a pay-in-advance game can/will have a finish line, the goal of a free to play game with in app purchases is kind of to try to keep you playing indefinately and hope you spend now and then...)

I have read that fusion times for level 50+ items are kind of out of whack compared to level 49- items, though I haven't gotten to those primal blueprints myself.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:32 am

Opywang wrote:If this game was real we be seeing yellow weapon, and red weapon, be for sale for gold, and we are not seeing that because it's fake as crap, and players only over charge 500 gems for mythical which is value at 2 million per gems which mean 1 billion gold, or more, and if the game would change that, and remove the limit then it would be all about supply, and demand.

Nah, it's just that gold is so useless later game, nobody really wants gold other than to turn into gems.
People with a good moneymaker blueprint can grind multiple G of gold per day with it. What to do with that? They've long finished needing to invest in their shop. (I think that about caps out at something like 20-25G?), they've probably spent enough on worker/hero buildings at some point to cap out the workers/heroes, so what's left then for gold? Castle-boost to 30k raid points? Other than that probably only flipping to gems (to get the remaining blueprints if any, to upgrade an epic proc to legendary now and then, maybe to quick finish a fuse) .

So offering for gems straightaway saves you a step compared to offering for gold and then flipping the gold to gems.
Gold might be hard to get early on, but later on it feels more like the hyper-inflationary money type of paying a kilogram of paper money to buy a kilogram of potatoes...
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Opywang

Postby Opywang » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:54 pm

Shiroe said
- There's too much gold in the game as is, which is one of the reasons why the value of a gem keeps going up. Around global launch it was something like 30k gold/gem, while right now it's something like 4-5M gold/gem.

Exactly if they would make the game realistic the gold wouldn't be too much it would be well balance, and realistic.

Shiroe said
-Nah, it's just that gold is so useless later game, nobody really wants gold other than to turn into gems.

That why I said make it unlimited crafting, or unlimited slot for everything in game so players can keep buying, and let it be an increasement every time.

I agree the game has it's limit we can max out the city, max out everything then the gold is useless then gem is where it become valuable because of the cauldron, but cauldron only has 4 slot which is easy to get all 4, and I already got 3 with just 50 dollar which is too easy.

This is why the game need a huge improvement it's all about trying to rob at least 50 bucks, or 10 dollars a month, and it only good till maybe a year, or two, but if we change the game it would be a 20 years game rather than a 1 year, or 2 year game.

There is one game that is realistic which is Ultima Online, and there has not been a game as realistic as Ultima Online, and there is players still playing Ultima Online from 30 years ago because of how realistic they are, and there will never be a game as real as that game ever again because people forget what realistic really mean.

You could at least try to follow these two option, and it will make the game well balance, and realistic. There is so much limit in the game it's clogging up the gold where it cannot be spent, or given.

Third Options
Make price more than 10 X for higher colors like for an example grey 10 X, blue 20 x, green 30 x, teal 40 x, epic 50 x, yellow, 60 x, red 120 x.

Forth Options
At least we can remove the governor, and make it unlimited to all, and allow players to sell how much they wish to sell. I am not seeing why we have to have the limit, and isn't it all about supply, and demand if it isn't then what the point of the game?

If Option 3 or 4 doesn't work then try to create more slots that has no limit even if there is 100 slots then that way players can have more mythical in the cauldron, and right now the cauldron is too easy to get 4 slot, and totally useless cause it take 1 week to make one mythical.

Opywang

Postby Opywang » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:58 pm

I want to remind you that what I am suggesting to make the cauldron worth more, and make it profit players rather than loosing profit.

Right now the profit gain from using the cauldron is 100% loss, and probably less more like 200% maybe more.

I think it would improve the game so much more if players could make a profit from cauldron rather than losing since what the point of having them if there not going to make any profit?

I think it would make the game more realistic, and I believe it will, and I believe the 10 x is what making it less realistic, and the price isn't fair since there is way to much gold loss, and value loss for upgrading.

10 x need to be removed this will make the game realistic, and be base on supply, and demand.

If we base on supply, and demand players will use the cauldron, and they will happily upgrade the item to max level if they need to because of supply, and demand.

If supply, and demand are in effect players would focus all the time to craft to fill up the slot in the trade house happily with no effort.

I did some checking around, and it take one week to make one mythical item with 4 slots open, and even one week is too long for 500 gems, and even 500 gems only cost 3 dollars, and one week can bring you 700 gems, and you would be better off waiting 5 days to get a mythical item from some suckers that under price for 500 gems that took them a week to craft.

It has too much unfairness, and too much imbalance the game isn't fix where players can get paid fairly, and it's slavery, and out of balance. You see it's slavery, and rip off there is no fun in that when we work hard for nothing, and one week waste over an item not even worth crafting.

The only way we can really enjoy the game is to craft to sell for gems, and then use the gem to buy from other players that has already wasted there time trying to craft a mythical item to sell to us.

This is why I encourage y'all to give us more than 4 slots on the cauldron, or remove the 10 x limit to give players the freedom to play the game the way they want to play.

Just like Shiroe said the gold in end game is worthless, and there is way too much gold in the game, and this is evident right there that I am 100% correct, and if we base on supply, and demand the gold will level out, and it will be more valuable, and gem price will probably drop, but it is wrong to purposely rigged the game where players cannot get rid of the gold no matter what they do out of greed, and we want to make the game where it is fun to spend the gold not where players can't spend them.

Think about it if there is supply, and demand players can buy epic using gold, then turn it into legendary, and players can buy legendary, and turn it into mythical, and there will be all colors ready, and available, and players can happy use the cauldron none stop, and continue to profit happily.

Players will happily use the cauldron to turn a weapon into an Epic, and gold will have value, and it will be fun to use, and fun to spend, but right now gold is useless, and it is no fun because our cauldron has a limit of 4, and our selling has a limit of 10 time.

If you look at the game if you are buying item you will see gems, and hardly any selling for gold what we want to do is change the game to make it where it has both gold, and gem on every single slot.

cynthrocks
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby cynthrocks » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:27 pm

Personally, I do not use my cauldron to fuse items I am selling so I see none of the injustice you are referring to.

Though it is an important aspect of the game as far as crafting gear for your heroes and making precrafts goes, the cauldron is not the central figure of it by a long shot. The great thing about Shop Heroes, and why there are players here who have been playing for 2+ years is that there are many ways to play. Many goals, many different ways to gear heroes for optimum questing, etc. What you are asking for- an overhaul of the market and fusion cauldron- has been discussed ad nausium for over two years. No, it is not realistic. It was once supply and demand. And what was found was... It didn't *really* work. Not for this game. Not for the goal of the company. We adapted because we *still* enjoy this game. And a lot of us will continue to enjoy it for a long time.

You have a solid, though wordy, suggestion. But it isn't the first time it has been suggested. If you want to, you can search the topics here in the forum.

Also, fusing isn't that much of a loss as you seem to suggest. I don't know anyone who tries to hit epic/leg gear from a bunch of commons when commons sell for max a lot of the time for common/flawless fuses.

Opywang

Postby Opywang » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:55 pm

O.K. I have request to buy Epic Crystal Asunder for over a day, and none has got sold that is because it is way to under value, and this is what I am talking about even if we use fusion, and upgrade the weapon it still has no value even if we max out the price at 10 x. We need to make the game where it will be worth selling for gold.

That why I gave y'all options in 3, and 4 which says make each color have more than 10 x the value so players can feel like they have got there rewards deserving instead of only pricing them with gems because the 10 x amount is not enough.

Make it like this. Using price from Crystal Asunder Axe.

Grey - 10 x - price comparison - 1.243.750
Green - 20 x price comparison - 3,109,360
Blue - 30 x - price comparison - 7,462,500
Teal - 40 x - price comparison - 14,925,000
Purple - 50 x price comparison - 31,093,750
Yellow - 60 x price comparison - 59,700,000
Red - 120 x - price comparison - 298,800,000

But I rather that we have no limit that way it will be realistic, and have true values. Even tho if we did change, and increase the amount that we can sale by 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, and 120 it still not balance enough to make it true value that why it is better to have no limit so it can have true value.

Notice even at 120 x the price it still isn't enough cause these axe are worth 1 billion, but it doesn't matter it still making the cauldron still worth using.

Anyway, but the whole point is we can at least make the cauldron worth having, and at least we can still make profit from using cauldron.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”