Simple non coding game improvement request?

Share your ideas on how to improve Shop Heroes.
Forum rules
Please check other threads before posting a suggestion or providing feedback to make sure that there are no duplicate threads on the same subject. We value your feedback and suggestions and will prioritize those with the most demand, however, please be patient with us as we already have a very packed pipeline for new content delivery. Any feedback that has already been taken into account will result in the thread being locked as further discussions are no longer necessary.
ellymentalnz

Simple non coding game improvement request?

Postby ellymentalnz » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:46 pm

Hi,
Love the surcharge event !
Is it possible to know the start and finish times of the event? Are they started at same time every time?

If not, as that requires a coding change and you are all super busy at the mo, are they, or could they in future please be all started at a set time ie 00.00 UTC so all of us in crazy time zones can plan our sleep patterns around them ?

Hugs El xx

Tethys
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: Simple non coding game improvement request?

Postby Tethys » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:04 pm

Hey Elly,

I hope you're enjoying the raid and are ready for the weekend!

So events are almost always started at the same time and will end after the set amount of 24 hour periods (unless otherwise stated). Unfortunately the event system doesn't always decides to play nice which can delay things a bit, it also takes a bit of time for it to activate on the servers.

Almost all events (like 99%) will start at 0000UTC (5PM in SF).

Using this event as an example (as there was some confusion in discord). The event started at approximately 5:20 PM PST on November 3rd and will last for a total of 48 hours (as noted on the event icon in game) ending on November 5th at approximately 5:20 PM PST.

The suggestions in discord (and on the forums) of adding in-game timers/server times etc have all been reported back to the team.

I hope this helps!

Tethys.

P.S. No idea if its PST/PDT or w.e. DST sucks and I want it gone :evil:
Need to contact the support team? Follow this link to do so: https://cloudcade.helpshift.com/a/shop-heroes/

cynthrocks
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby cynthrocks » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:51 pm

Tethys wrote:P.S. No idea if its PST/PDT or w.e. DST sucks and I want it gone :evil:

PDT until Sunday hahaha

ellymentalnz

Postby ellymentalnz » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:45 pm

Tethys wrote:Hey Elly,

I hope you're enjoying the raid and are ready for the weekend!

So events are almost always started at the same time and will end after the set amount of 24 hour periods (unless otherwise stated). Unfortunately the event system doesn't always decides to play nice which can delay things a bit, it also takes a bit of time for it to activate on the servers.

Almost all events (like 99%) will start at 0000UTC (5PM in SF).

Using this event as an example (as there was some confusion in discord). The event started at approximately 5:20 PM PST on November 3rd and will last for a total of 48 hours (as noted on the event icon in game) ending on November 5th at approximately 5:20 PM PST.

The suggestions in discord (and on the forums) of adding in-game timers/server times etc have all been reported back to the team.

I hope this helps!

Tethys.

P.S. No idea if its PST/PDT or w.e. DST sucks and I want it gone :evil:

Thanks Tethys, 00.00 UTC makes sense... but another question please?
When the event says 11/24/17 - 11/25/17 - is that one 24 hour period or two?
There was some confusion in our city as to whether recent surcharge was a 24 or 48 hour event as it ended at 00.00 UTC on 25th
If its just 24 hours, can you just put 11/24/17 ?

Tethys
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Tethys » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:59 pm

ellymentalnz wrote:
There was some confusion in our city as to whether recent surcharge was a 24 or 48 hour event as it ended at 00.00 UTC on 25th

It's supposed to be for all the 24th and all the 25th. The event system didn't accept the inputs properly so it only ran for 24hours, however we've we enabled it so it will run for another 24hours.

As for your suggestion, I don't think the tools allow that without issues :P I'll talk with Darkis and the team to see if we can make postings on social media a bit more clear to help with confusion.

Have a great weekend.
Need to contact the support team? Follow this link to do so: https://cloudcade.helpshift.com/a/shop-heroes/

ellymentalnz

Postby ellymentalnz » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:03 pm

Tethys wrote:
ellymentalnz wrote:

It's supposed to be for all the 24th and all the 25th. The event system didn't accept the inputs properly so it only ran for 24hours, however we've we enabled it so it will run for another 24hours.

As for your suggestion, I don't think the tools allow that without issues :P I'll talk with Darkis and the team to see if we can make postings on social media a bit more clear to help with confusion.

Have a great weekend.

Awwww fantastic Tethys, it was hurting my head trying to work out why it ended
Thank you for the quick reply and fix :D

Tethys
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Tethys » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:08 pm

Yeah the tools are finicky and that's also why you'll see odd start/end dates. Sometimes its needed to get the event to stick properly.

For anybody else wondering about the patch, it has been approved and we're looking into why it hasn't gone live yet.

alanx
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby alanx » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:16 pm

@Tethys, can we have the other events more often as well? such as 0% item break chance? Its hardly happened a few times in the past year.

Tethys
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Tethys » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:28 pm

alanx wrote:@Tethys, can we have the other events more often as well? such as 0% item break chance? Its hardly happened a few times in the past year.

I'll talk to Darkis about it :)

alanx
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby alanx » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:15 pm

Thanks Tethys ! This event is always great and fun even at end game :)

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”