UI and quality of life changes

Share your ideas on how to improve Shop Heroes.
Forum rules
Please check other threads before posting a suggestion or providing feedback to make sure that there are no duplicate threads on the same subject. We value your feedback and suggestions and will prioritize those with the most demand, however, please be patient with us as we already have a very packed pipeline for new content delivery. Any feedback that has already been taken into account will result in the thread being locked as further discussions are no longer necessary.
Ally_Gator
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:01 pm

UI and quality of life changes

Postby Ally_Gator » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:40 pm

After coming back from a year break I've noticed quite a bit of improvements here and there however there are still a lot of glaring problems i'm coming across with the UI, quality of life issues, and just general satisfaction with progression.

UI suggestions:
-allow mass locking of items based on quality: I don't want to sell any great and above items to my customers. That's basically it. If there are common/good items then i'll lock those separately.
-Last party assembled: I like to build teams based on their skills and power output, give me the option to resend the same party out again, or give me party lists that i can fill out with pre-made groups and can be sent out as a group.
-inn/party visibility: its difficult to see what each skill/item skill the heroes have without individually checking them, give us a list of all the skills that apply to the hero by hold clicking them or have it be listed when the hero is selected
-item sorting by quality/level range: just like in the trade house, allow me to filter my item list when looking through my stuff.


Quality of life suggestions:
-game keeps logging me out the second i minimize the screen: just freeze the game when minimized and stop making me log back in/reload the game every single time
-out of memory problems: this game constantly runs out of memory on chrome, facebook gameroom, and is a huge resource hog on iOS. please look into this issue.
-raid times. Raid times are weird for north american players. I suggest we add an additional 6 hours at the end of raids to compensate,. So it would end on a sunday night instead of sunday afternoon for us. It would also mean raids ending for early morning sunday european time instead of late night.


Progression:
-no chest blueprints? then tough luck, no progression for you. Chests needs a revamp imo. The current implementation is frustrating and unsatisfying. Get rid of the artifacts/quest items please. They're garbage and insulting to see when i blew 25 gems and i only see like 5 shiny gems. Replace all artifacts with varying amounts of blueprint fragments, that way it won't be an absolute slap in the face every time i open a chest to see some garbage artifact. Making chests not absolute garbage would make me want to open them again. As is right now any early/mid game player find it absolutely frustrating at the chests mechanic and how vital it is for mid/late game progression.

-Chest blueprints are way too powerful as well in the current iteration, this puts a huge disparity in power between players that have unlocked key recipes vs everyone else. We can mitigate some of this power disparity by adding in new game mechanics.

I recommend something like the fusion mechanic: add in enchanting. Allow players to craft/learn enchants using artifacts as ingredients. Once crafted, the player fuse the enchant with the item and that item cannot be sold on the trade house. Enchants by itself could be tradable on the trade house.

This would make it so chest blue prints only have a higher base power/base cost than the non chest counter parts, we could then revamp the chest blueprints to make them slightly easier to craft as in maybe lowering the precraft requirements. It would make it so blueprints are still best in slot and very desirable.


-quests progression: just like raids, allow us to pick different tiers of difficulty based on # of quest completion. This game is no longer in its infancy stage where there are tons of players filling out the trade house with artifacts. This means low tier items are nearly non existent due to a lack of new players. Have a progression bar of some sort for all quests similar to how you have the bosses, then give us the option of selecting that difficulty and continue to have it advance in difficulty. Allowing players to scale up/down accordingly to meet their hero's power level. This would make it so its not so punishing for mid/late game players to run lowbie quests for the shiny gems they need it would also make it viable for players to meet market demands if they want to be a supplier.

User avatar
Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member
Posts: 2660
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:05 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: UI and quality of life changes

Postby Shiroe » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:21 am

Ally_Gator wrote:-out of memory problems: this game constantly runs out of memory on chrome, facebook gameroom, and is a huge resource hog on iOS. please look into this issue.

Those likely are part Cloudcade code optimizing and a large chunk the quality/optimization of Unity3D's exports to the various platforms. They kind of slacked on WebGL (wegbrowsers) since they had the Unity Webplayer plugin for those until the webbrowsers disabled the API it used... So it could very well be that Unity releasing a new version and Cloudcade using it might have more influence on the stability of the app than Cloudcade coding...

Ally_Gator wrote:-raid times. Raid times are weird for north american players. I suggest we add an additional 6 hours at the end of raids to compensate,. So it would end on a sunday night instead of sunday afternoon for us. It would also mean raids ending for early morning sunday european time instead of late night.

Any change would make some happy and some unhappy, so I don't see much benefit to changing away from the current friday 00:00h UTC - sunday 23:59h UTC timeframe.
Tacking on 6 hours would be 6 hours of dead space for me in Europe (end time 07:00h/08:00h on monday), while people in Asia might feel annoyed at the raid still being up for their whole monday morning.
For me the raid starts friday 01:00 CET/friday 02:00 CEST, which means that sometimes I run my first raid teams late at night and sometimes my first raid teams won't run until 8+ hours into the raid.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Ally_Gator
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:01 pm

Re: UI and quality of life changes

Postby Ally_Gator » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:18 pm

Shiroe wrote:
Ally_Gator wrote:-out of memory problems: this game constantly runs out of memory on chrome, facebook gameroom, and is a huge resource hog on iOS. please look into this issue.

Those likely are part Cloudcade code optimizing and a large chunk the quality/optimization of Unity3D's exports to the various platforms. They kind of slacked on WebGL (wegbrowsers) since they had the Unity Webplayer plugin for those until the webbrowsers disabled the API it used... So it could very well be that Unity releasing a new version and Cloudcade using it might have more influence on the stability of the app than Cloudcade coding...

Ally_Gator wrote:-raid times. Raid times are weird for north american players. I suggest we add an additional 6 hours at the end of raids to compensate,. So it would end on a sunday night instead of sunday afternoon for us. It would also mean raids ending for early morning sunday european time instead of late night.

Any change would make some happy and some unhappy, so I don't see much benefit to changing away from the current friday 00:00h UTC - sunday 23:59h UTC timeframe.
Tacking on 6 hours would be 6 hours of dead space for me in Europe (end time 07:00h/08:00h on monday), while people in Asia might feel annoyed at the raid still being up for their whole monday morning.
For me the raid starts friday 01:00 CET/friday 02:00 CEST, which means that sometimes I run my first raid teams late at night and sometimes my first raid teams won't run until 8+ hours into the raid.


I'd rather see a change that half the people support while the other half is indifferent about than to not do anything.

They need to revisit some of their coding because there are other games out there that uses the same engine without such problems.

alanx
"Flawless" Mastery Member
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:31 pm

Re: UI and quality of life changes

Postby alanx » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:02 pm

I don’t see a problem with just extending raid by even 8 hours. It would help even things out since this is a global game with more and more launches in Asian countries now it makes sense to have the event fairly longer. I don’t see the issue of raid being on longer than required. It just gives more chances for people to raid if they choose to or want to. No one should feel compelled to raid just because raid is on unless they were slacking until those last 8 hours. There’s no basis for an argument there.

User avatar
Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member
Posts: 2660
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:05 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: UI and quality of life changes

Postby Shiroe » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:36 am

alanx wrote:I don’t see a problem with just extending raid by even 8 hours. It would help even things out since this is a global game with more and more launches in Asian countries now it makes sense to have the event fairly longer. I don’t see the issue of raid being on longer than required. It just gives more chances for people to raid if they choose to or want to. No one should feel compelled to raid just because raid is on unless they were slacking until those last 8 hours. There’s no basis for an argument there.

Your reasoning is rather odd. It being a global game is exactly why anything but multiples of 24 hours won't work out well. Everyone gets 3x daytime and 3x night on the raid. Not one timezone getting 3.5x daytime and 3x night, while another timezone has 3x daytime and 4x night...

(plus there would be plenty of cities where more raid time wouldn't mean calmer raiding, but more time raiding at the same pace as now. AKA: the mayor upping the req to match the extra time.)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

kataris
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:25 pm

Re: UI and quality of life changes

Postby kataris » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:04 am

I agree with Shiroe here - using Midnight UTC makes the most sense.

Ally_Gator
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:01 pm

Re: UI and quality of life changes

Postby Ally_Gator » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:08 pm

We could just throw in an extra 12 hours to the end of the raid, and start raids an extra 12 hours early. This would provide full friday to sunday coverage globally. Players do not have to attend raids when it is not convenient for them so any surplus time shouldn't be a problem since it would just be unused.

Regardless, saying that extra time isn't needed because "it doesn't affect me" is pretty callous to say. We know that it won't affect balance for city raids and it would only benefit entry/early game players. The same group of players that we need to focus on retaining to keep this game's population healthy.

User avatar
Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member
Posts: 2660
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:05 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: UI and quality of life changes

Postby Shiroe » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:42 am

Ally_Gator wrote:We could just throw in an extra 12 hours to the end of the raid, and start raids an extra 12 hours early. This would provide full friday to sunday coverage globally. Players do not have to attend raids when it is not convenient for them so any surplus time shouldn't be a problem since it would just be unused.

Regardless, saying that extra time isn't needed because "it doesn't affect me" is pretty callous to say. We know that it won't affect balance for city raids and it would only benefit entry/early game players. The same group of players that we need to focus on retaining to keep this game's population healthy.


Mayor: "oh, we have an extra day, so that means we get to work on more milestones, not get to the same milestone more casually"
Mayor: "oh, we have an extra day, so that means we get to work on more fame from endless to head up the rankings"
Player: "oh, an extra day, so I need to raid more to keep up my raid ranking in the city" [1]
Player: "oh, an extra day, so I have a day less to re-stock my horns/shards/other artifacts that ran low"

Devils advocate: gold:gem flipping is a bit of a piramid scheme between early/mid and late game players, so that results in the odd thing that's it actually isn't in the interest of late game players for too many early/mid game players to reach end game. (fewer "flip" gems per late game player) ;-( (I really hope they tweak things so the gold -> gems -> blueprint progress route is no longer mandatory)


[1] "middle of the pack" for the city where I am is about 4.5K, so I guess I'll need to do more castle boosting if I want to consistently be/stay there.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Ally_Gator
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:01 pm

Re: UI and quality of life changes

Postby Ally_Gator » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:53 am

Shiroe wrote:
Ally_Gator wrote:We could just throw in an extra 12 hours to the end of the raid, and start raids an extra 12 hours early. This would provide full friday to sunday coverage globally. Players do not have to attend raids when it is not convenient for them so any surplus time shouldn't be a problem since it would just be unused.

Regardless, saying that extra time isn't needed because "it doesn't affect me" is pretty callous to say. We know that it won't affect balance for city raids and it would only benefit entry/early game players. The same group of players that we need to focus on retaining to keep this game's population healthy.


Mayor: "oh, we have an extra day, so that means we get to work on more milestones, not get to the same milestone more casually"
Mayor: "oh, we have an extra day, so that means we get to work on more fame from endless to head up the rankings"
Player: "oh, an extra day, so I need to raid more to keep up my raid ranking in the city" [1]
Player: "oh, an extra day, so I have a day less to re-stock my horns/shards/other artifacts that ran low"

Devils advocate: gold:gem flipping is a bit of a piramid scheme between early/mid and late game players, so that results in the odd thing that's it actually isn't in the interest of late game players for too many early/mid game players to reach end game. (fewer "flip" gems per late game player) ;-( (I really hope they tweak things so the gold -> gems -> blueprint progress route is no longer mandatory)


[1] "middle of the pack" for the city where I am is about 4.5K, so I guess I'll need to do more castle boosting if I want to consistently be/stay there.



Your excuses sounds to me like it just means the end-game players will have more competition from each other for their rankings, and players will have to actually *gasp* make decisions on how they want to handle their own resources.

Saying that it will accelerate early game growth seems pretty absurd to me. What am i going to do with this primal horn except to just sell it for some quick gold when none of my blueprints need it, nor can i actually craft any of the high level bp the raid offers. Growth is still dependent on items crafted and that is limited by time, or buying a massive amount of gems and just speed crafting everything. If a player is going to be a space whale and just buy thousands of gems to speed through the game, then I really don't think any logic/reason applies to them.

Gold/gem flipping is an already established economy, I don't think making raids more accessible to all people will change that since everyone will still have their weekly gem income from raids. It also has that 25% tax cut on both ends, so its still a gold/gem sink to slow the stockpile of resources.

User avatar
Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member
Posts: 2660
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:05 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: UI and quality of life changes

Postby Shiroe » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:43 am

Just pointing out that 4 day raid would end up being 4 days full on raid, just like 3 day raid is 3 day full on raid, so getting a bit more chore-like than it already is at the mid to upper end...

Also: still waiting on what the reward tweaks are that should have gone with Cloudcade's moving of the last 5 raid milestones (from 30K to 40K, so 1600 instead of 1200 per player of a 25 player city), but an extra day I guess would also go counter to them making it harder to complete all raid milestones.

And I wasn't saying anything about accelerating early game growth; I was pointing out that in the current game setup, technically for late game players it selfishly would be optimal if not too many "newer players are retained" past the point where they switch from spending their gems on the tradehouse to where they themselves are trying to get gems from the tradehouse.
The fact that me being able to open probably 1000+ chests in the time I've played largely relies on the fact that the vast mayority of the playerbase probably never get past 100 opened chests [before quitting] saddens me a bit.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)


Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

©2015 Cloudcade, Inc. All Rights Reserved.