Chest Blueprint Pity Timer

Share your ideas on how to improve Shop Heroes.
Forum rules
Please check other threads before posting a suggestion or providing feedback to make sure that there are no duplicate threads on the same subject. We value your feedback and suggestions and will prioritize those with the most demand, however, please be patient with us as we already have a very packed pipeline for new content delivery. Any feedback that has already been taken into account will result in the thread being locked as further discussions are no longer necessary.
DMcCugh

Chest Blueprint Pity Timer

Postby DMcCugh » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:18 pm

Team,
Looking at the forum, I saw this was suggested almost a year ago but thought I would bring it back up since there is a little more awareness to feedback then previously.

I know the contents of chests are a vocal topic that brings a lot of emotions to it. The biggest disappointment is opening chest after chest for no blueprint. Is there a reason CC hasn't instituted a pity timer for blueprints in chests. I'm not sure what the number is (I.E 10, 15) but knowing that a blueprint would drop if I had a run of bad luck could really alleviate some frustration. I don't mind spending the gems, if I knew eventually it would drop something within an acceptable timeframe.

Again sorry if this had been brought up at naseua but I hadn't seen it.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: Chest Blueprint Pity Timer

Postby Shiroe » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:16 am

It gets brought up from time to time. One of the problems of a pity timer is that it would have to be per chest type to prevent people gaming the system like 14x wooden, 1x dwarvish for BP, 14x wooden, 1x dwarvish etc. and unless pity progress is clearly displayed, people would get angry if for ex. they'd open a mix of 20 from different chests and pity doesn't get procced.
I guess if you want to implement "get at least 1 blueprint" you could in addition to the current "open 1" add an "open X at once for guaranteed at least 1 blueprint" button to each of the chests.

But I think it's more of a problem of the T3 quest artifact pulls of magic and higher because of the oversupply of those being such a terrible result right now that it's "no blueprint and nothing else decent, so BP rate is bad, so need some inprovement like a pity timer". ;)
(Personally I still want them to change those from T3 artifacts to T3 artifacts + some blueprint fragments.)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Monkey King

Re: Chest Blueprint Pity Timer

Postby Monkey King » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:37 am

Shiroe wrote:It gets brought up from time to time. One of the problems of a pity timer is that it would have to be per chest type to prevent people gaming the system like 14x wooden, 1x dwarvish for BP, 14x wooden, 1x dwarvish etc. and unless pity progress is clearly displayed, people would get angry if for ex. they'd open a mix of 20 from different chests and pity doesn't get procced.
I guess if you want to implement "get at least 1 blueprint" you could in addition to the current "open 1" add an "open X at once for guaranteed at least 1 blueprint" button to each of the chests.

But I think it's more of a problem of the T3 quest artifact pulls of magic and higher because of the oversupply of those being such a terrible result right now that it's "no blueprint and nothing else decent, so BP rate is bad, so need some inprovement like a pity timer". ;)
(Personally I still want them to change those from T3 artifacts to T3 artifacts + some blueprint fragments.)

I fully agree with a pity timer being per chest type and that the artifacts in magic chests and higher feel like a crappy drop. I came back to the game about 2 months ago after a 6 month break and had 25 leather keys waiting for me, after opening 25 chests and a few extra from raids along the way, I didn't get a single blueprint out of over 30 chests...needless to say, I'll never buy keys again except to flip gold.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”