New skills on items!

Share your ideas on how to improve Shop Heroes.
Forum rules
Please check other threads before posting a suggestion or providing feedback to make sure that there are no duplicate threads on the same subject. We value your feedback and suggestions and will prioritize those with the most demand, however, please be patient with us as we already have a very packed pipeline for new content delivery. Any feedback that has already been taken into account will result in the thread being locked as further discussions are no longer necessary.
Zorblak

Re: New skills on items!

Postby Zorblak » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:12 pm

Dizzle wrote:
Feone wrote:I'd prefer lower loot + picking over the current system.

Seeing something useful in the options and then not getting it is frustrating.

While I can totally agree with that, being able to choose the loot would only give the illusion of choice. Realistically it would never be practical to pick the coins over the BP fragment, or the fragment over the key. A skill allowing you to choose your loot sometimes rather than always still runs into the same issue, but it sort of functions as a higher % chance to get the best loot, instead of truly being a choice in that sense.

I don't think that's entirely true. There are some obvious ones - always take a key, always take gems over gold, etc. But If you have the choice between gems or a BP frag, which would be better will depend on the player. If I had the choice between a good level 20 item or some small amount of money, I'd rather take the money, even if the item would sell for more, because I don't want the hassle of finding crappy items in my inventory to sell. And there are some other situations where there's not always definitively one best choice.

Zorblak

Postby Zorblak » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:15 pm

Dizzle wrote:
Shiroe wrote:Hmm, wooden chest blueprint that adds one extra "hammer" icon to special loot if 1 or more items broke?
(trying to think of some new skill that's better for newer players than for late game players...)

I think that idea is great! One of the biggest things that slowed me down, early game was buying/crafting new equipment for my heroes as pieces broke. Now of course there should be some breaks, but a way to get less would be really cool early on (especially before you can effectively run support without fear of losing expensive items)

Hmm. In theory, a great idea. But in practice, by the time most people get wooden chest BPs, their heroes have already long since grown out of wearing wooden chest gear.

Dizzle
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Dizzle » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:56 pm

Zorblak wrote:I don't think that's entirely true. There are some obvious ones - always take a key, always take gems over gold, etc. But If you have the choice between gems or a BP frag, which would be better will depend on the player. If I had the choice between a good level 20 item or some small amount of money, I'd rather take the money, even if the item would sell for more, because I don't want the hassle of finding crappy items in my inventory to sell. And there are some other situations where there's not always definitively one best choice.

You make a really good point here. Thanks for your insight! There are definitely some situations where it would be great!

Dizzle
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Dizzle » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:58 pm

Zorblak wrote:Hmm. In theory, a great idea. But in practice, by the time most people get wooden chest BPs, their heroes have already long since grown out of wearing wooden chest gear.

While that may be true, the skill is still very useful. A lot of my heroes still have very low level items on (even at level 45+) because the skills are incredibly valuable! It make take the community passing that sort of knowledge forward to make the idea work though. I didn't personally value the skills until much later in the game because I hadn't really given them any thought.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:01 am

Yeah, there's a lot of things skill and break wise that's confusing/illogical to newbies unless explained to most of them...

A newbie's first instinct will likely be to get as high quality of close in levels gear on their heroes (or maybe even try to put as high level as possible gear there) and get annoyed at their 0.9% flawless gear breaking, voting for no break event on the next facebook poll.

While for a veteran starting over (without packages) the "optimal" sequence would probably be something like:
- start with common/good and empty slots
- search wooden/leather chests for Energetic blueprints
- craft/fuse Energetic gear to the minimum listed quality, using a break-and-replace system
- search iron chest for the 2 Support blueprints
- craft/fuse lots of legendary Noble Plates and Winged Sandals, upgrade the Energetic items to legendary
- work on more skills and/or power
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Ronin
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Ronin » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:23 am

Shiroe wrote:Yeah, there's a lot of things skill and break wise that's confusing/illogical to newbies unless explained to most of them...

A newbie's first instinct will likely be to get as high quality of close in levels gear on their heroes (or maybe even try to put as high level as possible gear there) and get annoyed at their 0.9% flawless gear breaking, voting for no break event on the next facebook poll.

While for a veteran starting over (without packages) the "optimal" sequence would probably be something like:
- start with common/good and empty slots
- search wooden/leather chests for Energetic blueprints
- craft/fuse Energetic gear to the minimum listed quality, using a break-and-replace system
- search iron chest for the 2 Support blueprints
- craft/fuse lots of legendary Noble Plates and Winged Sandals, upgrade the Energetic items to legendary
- work on more skills and/or power

Don't forget the +power skills. Alicia can lead a suffiently supported 90% healer, 50% energetic girls team on horns with only luna rod in addition to wood/leather bps.

e.g. on a level 40 Kuro Shobi, ice cloak's cone of cold will add 6k power

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”