New skills on items!

Share your ideas on how to improve Shop Heroes.
Forum rules
Please check other threads before posting a suggestion or providing feedback to make sure that there are no duplicate threads on the same subject. We value your feedback and suggestions and will prioritize those with the most demand, however, please be patient with us as we already have a very packed pipeline for new content delivery. Any feedback that has already been taken into account will result in the thread being locked as further discussions are no longer necessary.
Dizzle
"Good" Mastery Member

New skills on items!

Postby Dizzle » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:38 am

If you could create a skill to be added to future items, what would it be? What quality do you think it should activate at? Should it be kept to high level or low level items, or spread across the entire level range?

I would like to see a skill designed specifically to encourage larger team sizes. It could be something like "Quest time is reduced by 1% per member in the party" now this is would be very powerful, especially with speed runner on leaders already, so it would have to be a unique skill. Unique meaning that it only affects the party one time. Otherwise, a 6 person party where everyone has the skill would be a 36% reduction on top of any speed runner already on the team. The skill should activate at legendary and start in the mid levels... maybe level 30+ items. Potentially there could be a second tier that activates only at mythical on a higher level item (maybe 45ish) that gives 2% per party member.

For an idea that doesn't already have some sort of in game representation like the above (reduced quest time), It would be cool to see a skill that makes acquiring BP fragments a bit easier. Once more this should be a unique skill (one per party). Now increasing by a flat percentage would feel bad in my opinion, as it wouldn't have much in the way of a visually noticeable effect, so instead I am thinking something more along the lines of "When blueprint fragments are received from a quest reward, gain two instead of one" This should be aimed at slightly higher players, as the number of fragments drastically increases as you move up through the different chests. Once more I think Legendary activation would be good. This skill would be placed on high level equipment (Level 45+).

Don't be afraid to go into as much detail as possible. Bring your idea to life and be creative!

Zorblak

Re: New skills on items!

Postby Zorblak » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:46 am

My immediate thought was a skill that lets you choose from the randomly-generated quest rewards, instead of randomly getting one. But then I realized that this would throw CC's profit balance off, and they'd have to make the rare items even rarer to balance, which would screw people who don't have the skill. So maybe it's a percentage instead? You have a 10% chance of getting to choose your quest reward from the randomly-generated rewards?

Dizzle
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Dizzle » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:28 am

Zorblak wrote:My immediate thought was a skill that lets you choose from the randomly-generated quest rewards, instead of randomly getting one. But then I realized that this would throw CC's profit balance off, and they'd have to make the rare items even rarer to balance, which would screw people who don't have the skill. So maybe it's a percentage instead? You have a 10% chance of getting to choose your quest reward from the randomly-generated rewards?

This is a really interesting idea. It's great, too that you thought out the potential downsides as well as what you would like to see!

I think a lot of people would like some way to choose their reward from the generated rewards. I think I have seen some of the vets mention that this used to be a thing? Your idea could be a good way to implement it without breaking the system :)

Feone
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Feone » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:48 am

I'd prefer lower loot + picking over the current system.

Seeing something useful in the options and then not getting it is frustrating.

Dizzle
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Dizzle » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:13 am

Feone wrote:I'd prefer lower loot + picking over the current system.

Seeing something useful in the options and then not getting it is frustrating.

While I can totally agree with that, being able to choose the loot would only give the illusion of choice. Realistically it would never be practical to pick the coins over the BP fragment, or the fragment over the key. A skill allowing you to choose your loot sometimes rather than always still runs into the same issue, but it sort of functions as a higher % chance to get the best loot, instead of truly being a choice in that sense.

Vinneh

Postby Vinneh » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:18 pm

Time for something very OP:

Doubles the potency of all +loot items in the party (Unique + Leader only)

Mythical quality required.

Was toying with the idea of applying the potency to all skills, but that would be ridiculous on speed-runner. Perhaps you could do this on all skills but it overrides all other Leader skills (except Leader I/Leader II).

alanx

Postby alanx » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:09 am

A skill that increases the chances of finding keys would be best! :shock: :D

Feone

Postby Feone » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:38 am

Leader only skill that'll fill a slot in the party with a copy of itself. Let us make an extra team once we have a bunch of these.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:45 am

Hmm, wooden chest blueprint that adds one extra "hammer" icon to special loot if 1 or more items broke?
(trying to think of some new skill that's better for newer players than for late game players...)

Feone wrote:Seeing something useful in the options and then not getting it is frustrating.

Well, that can be true, but on the other hand I like to see what I could have gotten/what I might get on a future quest.
(I'm assuming that unlike roulette, displayed special loot _are_ actually equal odds)

<offtopic>
Dizzle wrote:I think a lot of people would like some way to choose their reward from the generated rewards. I think I have seen some of the vets mention that this used to be a thing? Your idea could be a good way to implement it without breaking the system :)

I think it was the 2nd quest implementation (I think I missed the first one) and the system was like the following: there was no artifacts + special loot, but artifact were just a type of loot. party of 1-3: 1-3 loot options, 1 free loot pick, optional remaining ones for gems, party of 4-5, 4-5 loot options of which 2 free, rest optional for gems, party of 6, 6 loot options of which 3 free and the rest optional for gems. Position in the party determined the odds of artifacts or other loot, with position 1 (leader) being 100% chance of artifacts, going down I think to position 6 being something like 10% or 0% chance of artifacts.
(Not sure if the change from inn boost being flat minutes without lower cap to being a percentage with a lower cap happened before/after/same time as the change to current quest loot system.)
</offtopic>
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Dizzle
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Dizzle » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:24 pm

Shiroe wrote:Hmm, wooden chest blueprint that adds one extra "hammer" icon to special loot if 1 or more items broke?
(trying to think of some new skill that's better for newer players than for late game players...)

I think that idea is great! One of the biggest things that slowed me down, early game was buying/crafting new equipment for my heroes as pieces broke. Now of course there should be some breaks, but a way to get less would be really cool early on (especially before you can effectively run support without fear of losing expensive items)

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”