Quest Resource Bins.

Share your ideas on how to improve Shop Heroes.
Forum rules
Please check other threads before posting a suggestion or providing feedback to make sure that there are no duplicate threads on the same subject. We value your feedback and suggestions and will prioritize those with the most demand, however, please be patient with us as we already have a very packed pipeline for new content delivery. Any feedback that has already been taken into account will result in the thread being locked as further discussions are no longer necessary.
Tactical_Fatty

Quest Resource Bins.

Postby Tactical_Fatty » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:39 pm

Greetings, My name is Isou And I have a problem, I want as many furniture items in my shop as I can get o-e I want all kinds of cool things in there to align and move about and rearrange just to make my shop look as best as I can. In this problem however, came a cool Idea.

Quest Resource Bins. SPecific bins that act like our normal Resource bins for Mana Crystals, Wood, Herbs etc etc. But instead for quest resources. This way, the game would have a unique way to have and both improve storage of quest resources instead of simply tieing them into how much overall storage space we have.

to that end I have whipped up a small example of what I mean. This QRB (Quest Resource Bin) Would be for Liquid Fire, for I picture a craft worker simply walking up to the Bin and dipping in a Goblet to retrieve some of the fire. (Made using the Mana Crystal tier 1 bin and a recolor using the Liquid Fire colors.)

Here is also a simpler version, a simple recolor of the normal resource containers like the chests wardrobes and Shelves.

I know that this Idea may have been done more so already, or have been mentioned (I couldnt find it though) But I hope that it at least inspires someone somewhere to something, even if its not what I hope for. I am also working on resource bins for the other quest items such as elven dew, all the way up to demon hearts.

aks47u
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: Quest Resource Bins.

Postby aks47u » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:46 pm

So is it generation or storage?

Tactical_Fatty

Postby Tactical_Fatty » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:02 pm

aks47u wrote:So is it generation or storage?

I actually thought it could be a bit of both. Though Generation may be difficult given the necessity of questing, but I had the idea that if you managed to complete a dungeons total 100 levels these chests or bins would actually generate resources as well, Much like how the normal bins do so, and you could easilly quest for items to boost up whats generating as you can boost normal generation as well.

Though if that wouldnt be possible It would simply be a manner of storage for resources that could be upgraded apart from normal chests. Because in my searching for posts like this one before making this one I found a couple of people airing worries about not having enough room for resources to consistently make items at a steady pace.

Lastly, I think something like this would make simple cool aesthetic piece's. Something more relatable to a dungeon than a cute rat plushie sitting on the floor. Im also working on more mock ups at the moment as well. One for Demon hearts and Elven Dew, to make a bit of variety.

aks47u
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby aks47u » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:16 pm

As is a max sized shop can hold 80 pieces of furniture. With all the usual stuff and one of each rack that works out to 78/80. So shop space becomes an issue, unless you're having these new bins not count like the trophies but if they're doing either storage or generation then they should count towards the space limit.

Tactical_Fatty

Postby Tactical_Fatty » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:20 pm

aks47u wrote:As is a max sized shop can hold 80 pieces of furniture. With all the usual stuff and one of each rack that works out to 78/80. So shop space becomes an issue, unless you're having these new bins not count like the trophies.

Well Im hopeful that eventually they will add in more shop upgrades as well to let us have more furniture.

Though that is the whole stipulation behind this is that it IS something that would be VERY hard to get requiring beating all 100 levels of the dungeon and such, so the reward would denote the effort put in, but im not sure that they would actually make them like resource bins without having them count as furniture, but perhaps thats the double edge to this, you would have to give up a furniture slot if you want to hoard a particular resource for crafting. (That or beg to all gods and goddesses of Shop Heroes that they add more furniture slots Q^Q)

aks47u
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby aks47u » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:28 pm

Tactical_Fatty wrote:Though that is the whole stipulation behind this is that it IS something that would be VERY hard to get requiring beating all 100 levels of the dungeon and such

So it'd be unlocked with the trophy (100-200 completions required, dungeon dependent) for clearing each dungeon?

Tactical_Fatty

Postby Tactical_Fatty » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:13 pm

aks47u wrote:
Tactical_Fatty wrote:Though that is the whole stipulation behind this is that it IS something that would be VERY hard to get requiring beating all 100 levels of the dungeon and such

So it'd be unlocked with the trophy (100-200 completions required, dungeon dependent) for clearing each dungeon?

Something like that yes. Just more endgame material for people already exhausted out on things.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”