Looking for lot's of Ideas and Feedback!

Share your ideas on how to improve Shop Heroes.
Forum rules
Please check other threads before posting a suggestion or providing feedback to make sure that there are no duplicate threads on the same subject. We value your feedback and suggestions and will prioritize those with the most demand, however, please be patient with us as we already have a very packed pipeline for new content delivery. Any feedback that has already been taken into account will result in the thread being locked as further discussions are no longer necessary.
Prometheus
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: Looking for lot's of Ideas and Feedback!

Postby Prometheus » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:38 pm

Azbandar amazing ideas! The game upgrades ideas are just incredible. I'd play SH like a maniac if those were implemented. I love the two options cauldron idea!

I'd say your game upgrades ideas are an example to follow if CC decides to increase furniture level. They are all well balanced, give bonuses according to their level/price/upgrade time and comes from an experienced player. Let's hope Darkis looks into your feedback specifically :D

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:20 pm

Just wanting to make sure folks know I'm eating this thread 24/7 till Monday. :shock:
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

inVoh
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby inVoh » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:28 pm

Dailies
Add new City Daily Crafting Mission. A caravan comes to the city looking for X crafts of varying quality. The loot is prizes for the entire city! Somewhat of a mini raid but requires crafting items/trading for items of specific qualities by the end of the day.

Options
Toggle in Options to remove "Exceptional Craft" popup when collecting crafts. The item instead tells you what rarity it is and automatically closes.

Daily Goal
Revamp Daily Goal. Each day gives you a different reward (gems/chest/items), where after 30 days of logging in every day you are rewarded with a key appropriate to your level. 50+ get Dwarven Key, 40-49 get Magic Key etc. This feature is available already in multiple F2P mobile games.

Roulette
Add gold option to Roulette for people to spin. 1st spin is Free, 2nd spin is a certain amount of gold and every spin after that is gems. This gives each player 1 free spin, 1 cheap gold funded spin and then have to use gems after that.
Rebalanced so you don't just get gold.

Fusion
Add Haunted House building for the Cauldron. Players can boost this building for a % increase in speed for fusions. A boosted building would mean faster fusions for all. Fusion speed capped at 25% of maximum duration.
Allow players to fuse 4x White items into a blue item. Previously you would have to fuse 2x white to green and then to blue. This removes a step and allows players to do it at once.
Allow Green (good) items to be considered white (common) when fusing Common/Flawless into Epic.

Special Orders
Special Orders are now daily! Once you complete the 1 time daily order quests you will now have a daily Special Order... of a selection of 10-20+ premade orders. If you can fulfil this order you will be awarded with a substantial reward!

Inn
Allow players to have up to 4+ premade teams.
Allow players to repair/revive for a substantial amount of gold as well as gems.

Economy
Remove 10x Gold Cap. Remove base price cap. Stop interfering with the economy. Let it play out like a free market would. Why can't this be a huge feature of the game?

PvP
When bag counter is at 10/20 or more and the day resets to x/10, automatically gives player the bag and deducts 10 points from their score. So if someone is at 12/20, reset them to 2/10 rather than 0/10.

Misc
Heroes offer Good/Great occasionally as opposed to just normal items.
Furniture upgrades available to level 16+. Allowing craft speed up to 1500 and bins of 2k/1200/400 respectfully.
Lorelei/Charles Now comes and buys items in your shop.
Lorelei, Charles, Jack and Tam'dur(Giant) now have 2x exp bonuses to compensate not having a boost building.

Dizzle
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Dizzle » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:24 pm

Ideas:

--City-wide Bulk order - Broad categories for it. I.E. "200 Gauntlets, 200 gloves, 100 remedies" - should be large scale, maybe lasting an entire week or a month. Add some limiting factor to keep lvl 50s from spamming 200 lvl 1 gauntlets in 10 minutes, possibly a "within X lvl of your shop keeper level" or "Each shop keeper can only contribute X toward the goal" Something that all members of a city can work toward preferably with a reward that directly benefits the city, so as to reduce the "why did he get rewards when he only donated X and I donate 3X?" sort of complaints. Maybe something like a city wide mastery buff / resource regen buff / craft time reduction buff / quest time reduction buff / Worker experience buff / hero experience buff. Lots of options to keep things fresh.

--City-wide quests. - I.E. "Complete 500 Tier 1 (or 2 or 3) quests this week" -- continuing on the city-wide bulk order idea, I really want to see more ways to get the city cooperating.

-- A way to downgrade item quality. Example: I like to run CF fusions but I don't make commons if I have an item mastered. Allow me to reduce Good to Common.

--I can't scream this loud enough so I will put it in all caps. PLEASE GIVE US A WAY TO TURN OFF EXCEPTIONAL CRAFT POP UPS.
-- I would give up any other major update for this!!!!

-- Hero/Worker prestige -- Maxed your hero or worker? Return to level one for a permanent bonus (if you choose to, not mandatory).

Possibilities for heroes: Higher power. Lower break chance. Unlock new skill(s) at certain prestige [this could allow much more build diversity and possibly make arena more interesting for the top end players]

Possibilities for workers: Improved craft speed for any item this worker helps with. Permanent stat boosts (could be a flat amount, like 50 extra base points, or could be +X points per worker level), Worker could unlock new crafting type. Ex. Artisan unlocks metalworking

! Sure it hurts in the short run, but in the long run that is power you can never find anywhere else!

(Disclaimer: If any of these are repeats, it's because I didn't read back.)

Communication has definitely come a long way. Sometimes it still feels a bit slow, which has me wondering if CC is issuing gag orders or if it's just that Darkis is only one person and can only process so much at once (there is a ton of info in the pipes and only on tap to let it out of currently)

While I am excited about the new raids and bulk orders, I would personally (as a lv 50+, 150G+ player) much rather see brand new types of content than additional content added to current game mechanics. In the long run I would like both for sure, but I definitely want current stuff to sit the bench so we can get at least one or two of the major updates live ASAP. This would give us something to play with while the smaller patches come out over time.

This one goes back a ways and sort of falls under suggestions AND feedback -- I really like the new raid only materials and blueprints specific to them. I think there could be more raid only materials, but with some mid level blueprints instead of only end game. Maybe replace the level 17 reward (artifacts) with the mid level raid-only artifacts and 19 with a mid-level raid blueprint? Even though I am past the early-mid game, I would really like to see some content aimed at those who aren't. It gives them more to do and targeting them with content would make them feel appreciated and noticed by senpai.

Ok it's time for bed. Stay beautiful shopkeepers ;)

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:05 am

inVoh wrote:Economy
Remove 10x Gold Cap. Remove base price cap. Stop interfering with the economy. Let it play out like a free market would. Why can't this be a huge feature of the game?

You forgot "start new players out at level 30 with shopsize half to max, all furniture 7+, at least half the slots unlocked", since that basically gives newbies unlimited gold, just like us late game players. (I guess they could compensate for that by raising all max levels to 70 or something like that.)
A totally free market doesn't work in-game just like it doesn't in real life. (well, at least wiping away early game is less bad than hogging scarce resources)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

inVoh

Postby inVoh » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:55 am

Shiroe wrote:
inVoh wrote:Economy

You forgot "start new players out at level 30 with shopsize half to max, all furniture 7+, at least half the slots unlocked", since that basically gives newbies unlimited gold, just like us late game players. (I guess they could compensate for that by raising all max levels to 70 or something like that.)
A totally free market doesn't work in-game just like it doesn't in real life. (well, at least wiping away early game is less bad than hogging scarce resources)

Who says they don't already start at level 30? A lot of new players take less than a week to hit 30. I've had newbies in my city who we have helped via coordinated communication with city offers and selling items for base gold on the tradehouse. We have one player who started less than 2 months ago who is already worth 26g. I'd trade 1 week of newbie leveling time for a free market. It's already free anyway, except you need to use gems, it's simply about removing the restrictions of gold.

Kim!
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:41 am

Who says they don't already start at level 30? A lot of new players take less than a week to hit 30. I've had newbies in my city who we have helped via coordinated communication with city offers and selling items for base gold on the tradehouse. We have one player who started less than 2 months ago who is already worth 26g. I'd trade 1 week of newbie leveling time for a free market. It's already free anyway, except you need to use gems, it's simply about removing the restrictions of gold.

There's a big difference between a high level city power leveling a newbie and what a new player can do on their own... there are still ways to gain levels/gold quickly but at least it takes a little more knowledge than "spend all your gems flipping keys", etc. I loved the early game so I'm glad there's an effort made to help preserve it. The caps also prevent players from setting traps at higher levels, like accidentally overpaying hundreds of millions because you thought an M was a K or the price jumped without you noticing it.

Also gems are slightly regulated now too, new players can't use them on trade til level 20 and items do have gem caps, though those only matter on a handful of items (like primal keys).

inVoh

Postby inVoh » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:36 pm

Kim! wrote:

There's a big difference between a high level city power leveling a newbie and what a new player can do on their own... there are still ways to gain levels/gold quickly but at least it takes a little more knowledge than "spend all your gems flipping keys", etc. I loved the early game so I'm glad there's an effort made to help preserve it. The caps also prevent players from setting traps at higher levels, like accidentally overpaying hundreds of millions because you thought an M was a K or the price jumped without you noticing it.

Also gems are slightly regulated now too, new players can't use them on trade til level 20 and items do have gem caps, though those only matter on a handful of items (like primal keys).

10x base price is not enough though, because the value of the items are much more than that when you add surcharge, price increase and impatient request. It comes to around 4.5x base price. Which means you can only sell an item for gold roughly 2x more than an impatient customer would buy it for. That leaves little room for price fluctuation. It's also obvious it's not working when no high demand items can be sold for gold anymore.

Feone

Postby Feone » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:53 pm

Without caps everything is determined by the most efficient endgame players, the entirety of everything before it is eclipsed and unbalanced because nothing they do has nearly as much impact as the mountains of gold at endgame.

inVoh

Postby inVoh » Mon May 01, 2017 3:01 am

Feone wrote:Without caps everything is determined by the most efficient endgame players, the entirety of everything before it is eclipsed and unbalanced because nothing they do has nearly as much impact as the mountains of gold at endgame.

This is already true though. You circumvent the gold caps by using gems. Everything is determined by supply and demand.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”