Individual Item Expertise

Share your ideas on how to improve Shop Heroes.
Forum rules
Please check other threads before posting a suggestion or providing feedback to make sure that there are no duplicate threads on the same subject. We value your feedback and suggestions and will prioritize those with the most demand, however, please be patient with us as we already have a very packed pipeline for new content delivery. Any feedback that has already been taken into account will result in the thread being locked as further discussions are no longer necessary.
thepiratesheep

Individual Item Expertise

Postby thepiratesheep » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:59 am

After making the same item over and over, and attempting to get back to the roots of the name Shop Heroes (instead of Trade House Heroes), I would like to propose the following:

Once you master a particular craft (for this example, I'll be using the level 11 Sleeping Totem), you can then set a goal to work towards improving your own personal skill making that specific craft.

Sleeping Totem: Level 11 (mastered): 14 wood, 35 herbs, 6 oil, 5 elven dew.

After mastering the Totem, there is another tab on the totem info screen with options like the following (can be repeatable, costs go up each time):
-10% wood: 500 points
-10% herbs: 500 points
-10% oil: 500 points
-1 elven dew: 500 points
+100 item mastery: 1000 points
-10% time to craft: 1000 points
Increase base quality: 5000 points

You choose one of these to work towards, and that is your current goal. The next time you craft a totem, instead of the two options (collect, upgrade), you're also given a third option (call it practice, sacrifice, blood for the blood god, whatever). If you choose this option, you LOSE the item you just made, but you gain mastery points equal to the quality you just created:

normal - 1, good - 2, great - 3, flawless - 5, epic - 8, legendary - 13 (just rough numbers).

This will promote more crafting, and let people who are working towards a specific goal for something, like needing a mythical for a skill, have smaller incremental goals along the way, keeping them engaged. Since the option will only exist upon crafting, you wont be able to buy your way up in the AH and "disenchanting" them for experience.

Thoughts?

Abqu
"Epic" Mastery Member

Re: Individual Item Expertise

Postby Abqu » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:39 pm

I like this idea, but split in half.

The first part is awesome. The second part is awesome. I'd implement both sides differently, however.

It seems disjoined to me to craft an item repeatedly to get points, then to turn around to spend points, just craft that item better, if that makes sense?

If there was another way to earn these points thru crafting, without sacrificing the thing you're wanting to upgrade, I think that would be a better overall system.

Maybe there could be a different, random set of items each day (sub L25, above L25, chest) that everyone can craft/grind/earn and upgrade with.

Of course, that shifts it back into an event that follows the trade house, but it makes more sense to my monkey brain.

aks47u
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby aks47u » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:53 pm

To build on the suggested amendment a bit. Perhaps you could "sacrifice" a good or a great down to a common for points (and CF fusion).
Or say, I need good as a precraft, and only good. Sacrifice all greats to be goods for points. No quality wasted that way.

thepiratesheep

Postby thepiratesheep » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:02 pm

Abqu wrote:It seems disjoined to me to craft an item repeatedly to get points, then to turn around to spend points, just craft that item better, if that makes sense?

If there was another way to earn these points thru crafting, without sacrificing the thing you're wanting to upgrade, I think that would be a better overall system.

I was trying not to make it too overpowered, and just give you bonus points for crafting like you'd normally do anyway. It really makes you choose between the gold and XP you'd get from selling that item, and the mastery for making that item better and more efficient in the future. And I dont want it to become too overpowered so that CC wouldn't consider it.

EDIT BECAUSE THIS FORUM LOGS ME OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF TYPING RESPONSES......: Plus, if you're trying to make a better wheel, or a better way of making the wheel, you're gonna make a LOT of shitty wheels that don't work. Its not like you can sell them as a normal wheel then. Toss it out, learn from what you did, and move on. Thats why I was thinking sacrifice route

Abqu wrote:Maybe there could be a different, random set of items each day (sub L25, above L25, chest) that everyone can craft/grind/earn and upgrade with.

Or another Mayor's choice possibly? Your mayor wants to role play as a mages only town, so they have put staves, potions and vests as the mayors choice for crafting purposes. All sacrificed items now gain 1 extra mastery point (normal gets 2, good gets three, great gets 4), and are held to the same standards as the normal mayors choice (each can change every 24 hours).

I do appreciate the feedback though, I hadn't thought of the city aspect until you mentioned stuff for everyone
Last edited by thepiratesheep on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thepiratesheep

Postby thepiratesheep » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:05 pm

aks47u wrote:To build on the suggested amendment a bit. Perhaps you could "sacrifice" a good or a great down to a common for points (and CF fusion).
Or say, I need good as a precraft, and only good. Sacrifice all greats to be goods for points. No quality wasted that way.

Personally, I was thinking of this as more of a binary choice, and distancing it from the fun that is cauldron manipulation. Easier to implement, harder to abuse

aks47u
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby aks47u » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:41 pm

thepiratesheep wrote:Personally, I was thinking of this as more of a binary choice, and distancing it from the fun that is cauldron manipulation. Easier to implement, harder to abuse

And I was thinking of abuse :twisted:
But, fair point.

Retep
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Retep » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:24 pm

While I do kind of like the idea (I'm all for adding new goals to the game), I would personally prefer something in the opposite direction. I think people generally craft the same like 1-3 different items over and over again; personally I just crafted my first gun and projectile (out of boredom) a couple weeks ago, and I'm almost level 60 with over 300G networth!

I would prefer a system that encourages people to craft different items, to add some variety. Something like worker morale goes down and crafting time increases the more you craft the same item. (Of course I don't recommend exactly that as the immediate problem I see with it is that people would craft the same item until morale decreases and then spam low level fast crafts until morale goes back up and it would just become annoying rather than a cool feature).

thepiratesheep

Postby thepiratesheep » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:09 pm

Retep wrote:While I do kind of like the idea (I'm all for adding new goals to the game), I would personally prefer something in the opposite direction. I think people generally craft the same like 1-3 different items over and over again; personally I just crafted my first gun and projectile (out of boredom) a couple weeks ago, and I'm almost level 60 with over 300G networth!

While I see where you're getting at, I'm trying to come from this approach: I'm working at making a bunch of archangel gloves to get revive, which is a mythical skill. To do that, I have to make a bunch of those gloves. To do that, I need to make a bunch * a bunch of protect dust. For someone who wants to be self sufficient on making teams without needing to go to the AH for stuff, I would like some bonus to working for this goal myself.

Feone
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Feone » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:31 pm

Interesting idea, the mechanic makes sense. (Craft more, gain rewards.)

I think the implementation wouldn't work well though. This just encourages finding one recipe that's convenient to craft and upgrading it to be highly efficient. I don't think crafting a single item for all eternity is as much fun.

Like Retep said, encouraging more diverse crafting would be nice. I prefer a carrot instead of a stick though, this game is enough of a grind, making it slower won't help.

VeNoM0619
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby VeNoM0619 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:30 am

You said you wanted more feedback on the suggestions post, so I will post my opinion:

At first, I saw this, and LOVED the idea. A way to get benefits for something I do often, and feel like I'm making progress.

However, as others noted, specialization like this never works on games, because it causes you to stay "in a rut". When a new item is introduced, you feel less willing to try something new, because you have spent so much time and effort in something. RPGs have this feeling quite a bit, where you invest so much time getting your character to lvl 100... and spending another 2-3 months just on another class feels painful, therefor you never explore the game anymore.

The idea does still appeal to me however, and has some excitement behind it... but perhaps, how about something else that contributes to a city (personal? I would prefer city however) instead?

Craft 500,000 pts of mage pieces (higher lvl items give more points) to increase the hero sell price by 1% (or other permanent bonuses, like decrease time by 1minute, better odds in fusion, etc. etc.) for all mage gear? That way you get specialization for mage gear, but don't lock yourself into 1 piece of crafting, and can still explore as you grow or new content is introduced.

Feel free to expand upon that idea.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”