Approaching Roulette Differently

Share your ideas on how to improve Shop Heroes.
Forum rules
Please check other threads before posting a suggestion or providing feedback to make sure that there are no duplicate threads on the same subject. We value your feedback and suggestions and will prioritize those with the most demand, however, please be patient with us as we already have a very packed pipeline for new content delivery. Any feedback that has already been taken into account will result in the thread being locked as further discussions are no longer necessary.
Abqu
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Approaching Roulette Differently

Postby Abqu » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:29 am

Okay so the roulette has been a hot topic for a long time in Shop Heroes, and some of my friends in World Chat had an idea.

Back in September 2016, some* high level* players* were talking about how using gems for extra spins, and how it was showing signs of profitability. In October, it got nerfed drastically, becoming the Wheel O' Gold. As we know, it has changed again in the patch a few days ago, but in a way that's hard to quantify.

My suggestion is as follows:
- Completely remove the option to spend gems on the roulette wheel
- Revert back to the exact same odds that existed in September 2016

The roulette would feel more like a bonus akin to daily logins seen in most games, without the potential of being abused.

It also addresses another popular concern: in early game, there is a big sense that using gems regularly on trivial things (repairs, decor, roulette) is expected gameplay.

Hopefully we can see this change,

#foryourenjoyment

Thanks for reading.

---------------------

* literally all Abqu, it's 100% his fault

bloop
"Epic" Mastery Member

Re: Approaching Roulette Differently

Postby bloop » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:38 am

i don't believe you were making a profit, evidence pls

Richard

Postby Richard » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:38 am

I agree with this 100%, please make the roulette actually feel like a bonus for logging in.
Kong: TheCongressman | Reddit: Zesty_Hamburger | In-Game: Richard#73188 | Shop Heroes Discord Server | Shop Heroes Data Spreadsheet

Lionstar
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Lionstar » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:03 am

To make it even more balanced.

Scratch the spin streak and make it purely level wise with random content every day.

bowloftoast
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby bowloftoast » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:12 am

...or just change the name to 'daily wheel of suck'.

Retep
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Retep » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:25 am

Well, I think the streak bonuses is where the problems come in for the wheel. Why not greatly improve the wheel rewards for everyone and maybe give a bonus spin every 7 days like the daily quests, after which the streak resets. This prevents situations where some players have thousands of spins and get much better rewards than newer players with a hundred or less spins.

Feone

Postby Feone » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:44 pm

Lionstar wrote:To make it even more balanced.

Scratch the spin streak and make it purely level wise with random content every day.

I really like the bonus for having been around longer, it's a nice random milestone to get to every now and then.

The original idea is good. The game would make a vastly better first impression if most of those ridiculous gem buttons were removed. The majority isn't useful anyway.

Aussie

Postby Aussie » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:15 pm

I would also like to see the wheel based off of one of the following:
Average Raid Contribution
Level
Hero+=*Worker Levels
Item Discovery Total
Mastered Items
Consecutive Daily Logons

As it stands since it has changed in the 'patch' I have rolled 9/9 gold. So it doesnt seem much has changed at all, IMO.

Feone

Postby Feone » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:41 am

Aussie wrote:I would also like to see the wheel based off of one of the following:
Average Raid Contribution
Level
Hero+=*Worker Levels
Item Discovery Total
Mastered Items
Consecutive Daily Logons

As it stands since it has changed in the 'patch' I have rolled 9/9 gold. So it doesnt seem much has changed at all, IMO.

It'd be really nice if donating to the city, raid contribution & crownjewel contribution factored into some increased personal rewards. A good citizen bonus.

Hero/worker levels I think are already sufficiently rewarded.

Mastered/discovered items would be nice if they provided some bonus, Im not sure roulette is the right place. Maybe some fusion bonus would fit more.

Logins are already rewarded via the spin streak. You grow this a lot slower if you don't log in at least twice a day.

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:10 am

I'm wondering if capping spin streak item quality bonus @ 5000 to either epic or flawless wouldn't have eliminated that "gemming for profit" without needing to change the odds in october 2016?

Things giving extra bonus spins would probably be hard to balance over different parts of progress. A high level doing 3K raid drops is easier than a lowe level doing 600, so how would you reward those in number of extra spins? You'd also need to not be able to save up too many extra spins then, or you'd kind of get the same use case of [saving up and] doing dozens of spins when the listed items are right...
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”