The in-game FAQ needs updating.

Share your ideas on how to improve Shop Heroes.
Forum rules
Please check other threads before posting a suggestion or providing feedback to make sure that there are no duplicate threads on the same subject. We value your feedback and suggestions and will prioritize those with the most demand, however, please be patient with us as we already have a very packed pipeline for new content delivery. Any feedback that has already been taken into account will result in the thread being locked as further discussions are no longer necessary.
Kim!
"Good" Mastery Member

The in-game FAQ needs updating.

Postby Kim! » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:40 pm

The FAQ hasn't been updated in a long long time and I'd like to see it get some corrections and new info. I always appreciated how thorough the FAQ was but it doesn't do much good when it's out of date and full of wrong numbers. I mentioned it a while ago and nothing changed, so here we go again...

(Dunno if this counts as a suggestion or a "bug", please move it if this is the wrong section. :))

These are some of the items in the FAQ that need attention, hopefully it can be updated someday.

GENERAL AND ACCOUNT

What does "Hide Un-Craftable Items" do?
(Remove this one - the option no longer exists in the game)

Things I'd like added:
  • What platforms can I play Shop Heroes on?
  • How do I connect my mobile account to steam? (details here)
  • Do all platforms share the same servers and chats?

- - - - -

TECHNICAL ISSUES
(no complaints)

- - - - -

THE MAIN SHOP

How do I use Upgraded crafting slots?
(upgrade costs are incorrect - corrections from the spreadsheet marked in orange)
To Upgrade a crafting slot, click / tap one of your empty crafting slots to get to the item selection menu. Once there, click the "Upgrade Slot X" button to permanently assign one of your crafting slots as an Upgraded slot, which starts at 250 gems and scales up with each slot. The crafting slot will turn purple, and every time you use that item to craft something, all pre-crafting activities will complete automatically.

You will not be able to pool resources for items you cannot already craft. For example, if an item requires a "good" dirk and you can only craft a "normal" dirk, you won't be able to use the Upgraded slot.

The Upgraded slot pricing is as follows:
1st - 250 Gems
2nd - 250 Gems
3rd - 500 Gems
4th - 750 Gems
5th - 1000 Gems
6th - 1500 Gems
7 th - 2000 Gems
8th - 4000 Gems
9th - 6000 Gems

Things I'd like added:
  • How do I unlock the Gun Blueprint line?

- - - - -

THE INN & HEROES/CUSTOMERS

What are Upgraded Quest Slots?
(upgrade costs are incorrect - corrections from the spreadsheet marked in orange)
Upgraded quest slots allow your heroes to start resting/healing even if you aren't in game!

This means if a quest takes 20 minutes and you aren't in game for 30 minutes, your heroes will initiate their rest timer and their total rest time now when you check back on them will be 10 minutes. Normally, your heroes will rest only after you click on the completed quest slots and having this will save a lot of your time!

This is a premium feature and the slots are available for the following:
Slot 1: 250 gems
Slot 2: 500 gems
Slot 3: 750 gems
Slot 4: 1000 gems
Slot 5: 1500 gems
Slot 6: 2000 gems
Slot 7: 2500 gems
Slot 8: 4000 gems
Slot 9: 6000 gems

How do quest rewards work? What is Special Loot?
What is Special Loot?

(These may need an update after today's patch - we're not sure what changes were made in the rebalance)

What are special orders?
What happens if a special order expires?
Why haven't I seen a new Special Order customer in the last few days?

These might be helpful in the Main Shop section of the FAQ, personally I don't associate bulk orders with the Inn.

Things I'd like added:
  • I gave my hero an unbreakable item earlier, why is it breakable now?
  • Why did my quests stop dropping chests? (Chest drop rates vary based on number in inventory, you won't see them in special loot if you have too many)
  • What are chest blueprints?
  • What are blueprint fragments for? (Also FAQ - Which of Gerard's fragment lines is best?, How do I get Gerard to offer better prints?)
  • How do I know what skill an item has? (it's on the "progress" tab of item info, and maybe throw in a link to external sources like richard's spreadsheet?)
  • How do I use item skills?
  • Do item skills stack? (Pipe dream here, but it'd be cool to have an official note on things like energetic stacking to 100%, healer to 90%, etc)
  • Can I use a higher quality than the skill requires?
  • What is a "unique" skill?
  • Item skills are neat, where can I learn more? (Maybe plug the forums?)

- - - - -

CITY & RAIDS
(Lots of numbers need updating, corrections marked in orange)

What is a City Raid?
City Raids are events that take place from Friday 00:00 UTC to Sunday 23:59 UTC every week!

City members will send out heroes on quests to retrieve special events items to work as a group towards rewards such as fame stars, gems, keys, special blueprints, items etc.

Here's an overview of the event:
City Raids will require Castle in City
Castle will unlock at Town Hall Level 14
The steps are locked by shopkeeper and castle levels
Castle levels by investing in the building in the city
Raids will be Friday 00:00 UTC to Sunday 23:59 UTC every week
Each raid will have up to 30 steps
Castle investments will move with the player and cause steps to "lock"
Steps are unlocked by leveling your Castle and shopkeeper (Level 6 required)
Current Castle max level is 50
Raids work exactly like Dungeon quest right down to how the heroes are looted (Note: You can use the Castle to boost raid quests, as opposed to inn for regular ones)
To move on to the next step, the city will need to bring back a specified number of special event items
Prizes include: Crown Jewels, Fame Stars, gems, keys, special blueprints, items etc. (we don't get items from raid)
Fame stars are a city ranking measurement and in the future may be required for end game crafts
Everyone that participated in the event at least 1 time gets all the rewards available for him unlocked by a city up until his level lock.
The progression of the event is the sum of all the items brought back by the city members.
Fame is kept by a city, which means if someone leaves (mayor or member) the Fame is not changed.
If a city is disbanded, the Fame is lost along with the name
Fame and Crown Jewels are awarded at the end of the City Raid
Endless Raids require an additional 5000 per step
Endless Raids award 1 Fame per each additional step

What is required to participate in City Raids?
What level is required to participate in City Raids?

This item states that players need to be level 6 to raid, but according to the spreadsheet the first reward unlocks at 5.

How do I unlock the Castle?
The Castle building will unlock once you level the Town Hall to Level 14. You can then start investing in the Castle to level and unlock more steps in the City Raid.

Currently, the maximum Castle level is 50.

What is a "step" in City Raid?
Steps are portions or level of the City Raid. With each step, the required resources to complete the step increases.

When a city finishes a step in the City Raid, they ensure a reward for that step as well as move to the next step. A "!" will pop up when a step is complete above the City Raid icon.

You may view the rewards from the "Rewards" tab in the City Raid interface.

There are 30 Steps to each raid. Cities may continue to Raid past this for additional Fame.

How does our city complete a City Raid?
Each member of a city can choose to send heroes on 2-hour quest to collect special event items for up to 30 steps. Steps are locked by Castle level (city locked) and Shopkeeper level (player participation lock). Once the heroes return, the player will receive loot from the heroes and receive a bonus loot round.

The loot count is then put towards the progression of the City Raid step which can be viewed at the top of the City Raid pop-up. Once the required amount of items are obtained, the step is considered complete. A notification will pop up informing the city that the step is complete. Once a single step is complete, the player must manually collect the rewards before the next City Raid or they will be lost.

Once all available steps are completed, the City Raid is complete (though the city can continue to play Endless Raid for Fame until the Raid ends)

When are Fame and Crown Jewels awarded for City Raids?
Jewels are rewarded at the end but fame seems to update instantly.

What is an Endless City Raid?
Endless City Raids are additional steps cities may continue to complete once they have finished the initial 30 steps of the City Raid.

Each Endless City Raid step consists of an additional 5000 items and award 1 Fame point to the City.

- - - - -

TRADE HOUSE

What is the Trade House?
The Trade House unlocks at Level 6 for player to player gold/item trades. Players may start to exchange gems/items at Level 20.

The Trade House is a player to player market system in which players may trade either gold or gems for different items in the game including chest, keys, high quality items etc.

It is against Cloudcade Terms of Service to trade directly for gems/gold. The core gameplay is not designed around the Trade House. This is a player controlled area of the game with minimum restrictions from the development team.

How do I trade with other players?
You cannot directly trade with other players, though you are able to both buy and sell items to others through the Trade House. To access the Trade House, simply tap on the auction icon on the left navigation bar.

The Trade House unlocks at level 6. Gem trading unlocks at level 20.

We hope to implement a "city" trading feature in the future.

What are upgraded Trade Slots?
Upgraded Trade Slot allow you to request up to 100 items in one slot and offer up to 50 items. Additionally, there is no cancellation penatly on these slots. These are a premium feature and are available for the following:

Slot 1: 1000
Slot 2: 1500
Slot 3: 2750
Slot 4: 3500
Slot 5: 4000
Slot 6: 6000
Slot 7: 7500
Slot 8: 8000
Slot 9: 10000

Things I'd like added:
  • Do items have minimum prices?
  • What is city trade? (Can I gift keys, cooldown info, etc)
  • Why can't I sell keys?/Can I sell keys? (details here)
  • Can I see how many chests I've opened? (currently you cannot)
FAQ: That's dumb, how can I open chests if I can't buy keys? (Maybe note that players can still request keys on trade?)
FAQ: I tried to post an offer/request but the trade slot is blank, why didn't it work? (Higher qualities allow players to set a minimum price below the base price client-side, server-side this error is caught but simply cancels the action - it doesn't show a relevant error message.)

- - - - -

MISC Questions that get asked a LOT on World Chat (but are already in the FAQ) - Maybe these can be moved higher in the FAQ or added to the tutorial or something?
  • What is networth?/How do I raise my networth?/Why is my networth 0? (This is caused by the delay in networth - most don't actually care about what's counted in networth)
  • How do I unlock guns?
  • Hi, can someone make me 8 fur loafers and 10 plumed hats? Oh and also 6 muskets. (AKA Please do my bulk order for me/I don't understand special orders)
  • Why didn't I get my daily bulk order?
  • What happens when I move cities? Do I lose all my investments?
  • What are building boosts/how do I use them?
  • I was mayor of my city, where'd my crown go?

EDIT: Adding additional "things I've typed way too many times" as I remember them...
  • What does leveling up work stations do?
  • How can I level up quickly?
  • Can I upgrade multiple furniture at the same time?
  • How do I know which items a hero can buy?
  • My daily fragment goal is to sell ___, does selling on trade count? / I don't think any of my heroes can buy ___.
  • What are quest boss fights for?
  • How do I get trophies from quests?
  • How do I access stored furniture?
  • Which pack should I buy/What does each pack contain?
  • What are the crafting/questing bonuses in packs?
  • If a buy a skilled item from trade, will the skill work? / If I sell a skilled item on trade, can the buyer get the skill without having the BP?
Last edited by Kim! on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Re: The in-game FAQ needs updating.

Postby cc_Darkis » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:34 am

You're 100% correct and it's on the 'To Do' list. I'm thinking of getting the community involved as we have some outstanding Shop Masters that could stand to get some rewards for helping out.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Richard
Community Moderator

Postby Richard » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:36 am

cc_Darkis wrote:You're 100% correct and it's on the 'To Do' list. I'm thinking of getting the community involved as we have some outstanding Shop Masters that could stand to get some rewards for helping out.

You can count me in for this, I'd do it for nothing. I brought up issues with the FAQ not being updated before (months ago) and only then was it updated. It seems to always get forgotten about.
Kong: TheCongressman | Reddit: Zesty_Hamburger | In-Game: Richard#73188 | Shop Heroes Discord Server | Shop Heroes Data Spreadsheet

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:49 am

Richard wrote:
cc_Darkis wrote:You're 100% correct and it's on the 'To Do' list. I'm thinking of getting the community involved as we have some outstanding Shop Masters that could stand to get some rewards for helping out.

You can count me in for this, I'd do it for nothing. I brought up issues with the FAQ not being updated before (months ago) and only then was it updated. It seems to always get forgotten about.

I'll get something put together this week! From my CS side, the FAQ is the first line of defense but also, who wants to send in a ticket if they can find the information they need then and there.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

aks47u
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby aks47u » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:54 am

Really nice work Kim.

Kim!
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:44 pm

cc_Darkis wrote:
Richard wrote:

I'll get something put together this week! From my CS side, the FAQ is the first line of defense but also, who wants to send in a ticket if they can find the information they need then and there.

I'd love to help out too. My first concern is the current misinformation but I think it'd be nice to make some changes structurally and make the FAQ a little more concise as well, maybe get rid of some of the repetition so it's easier to navigate. :)

Abqu
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby Abqu » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:47 am

This is amazing, Kim.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”