Copy from chat

Share your ideas on how to improve Shop Heroes.
Forum rules
Please check other threads before posting a suggestion or providing feedback to make sure that there are no duplicate threads on the same subject. We value your feedback and suggestions and will prioritize those with the most demand, however, please be patient with us as we already have a very packed pipeline for new content delivery. Any feedback that has already been taken into account will result in the thread being locked as further discussions are no longer necessary.
Dastran
"Good" Mastery Member

Copy from chat

Postby Dastran » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:00 pm

I really enjoy seeing people from other countries wander through Tehplace. Lately, several people from China happened through.

Now, I like Chinese. My daughter is in a Chinese school. I'm just not good at it. I give my poor Chinese a go, and my townies give their poor English a go, and it is all good fun.

My only problem is that I rely heavily on a translator when I see characters I don't know. And since my Chinese keyboard is Pinyin, I don't really know how to get their chats into a translator. I just don't know what they sound like to begin typing.

All this is preamble to my request: copy from chat. Communication would be simply so much better if I could copy the characters to paste in a translator. This is especially useful in the Steam/Facebook/Kong clients, where I tend to be multitasking.

Can we make it so?

Feone
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Re: Copy from chat

Postby Feone » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:09 pm

Would be great to allow copy paste from chat (and mayors messages too.) Lets us place a url to some external town board/chat or things like the data spreadsheet, forum topics etc without having to manually type it in too.

(Similar suggestion here btw: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7501)

HaloStrat

Postby HaloStrat » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:34 am

I back up this request.

Chinese citizens dont understand my mayors message, so I went to google translate and did an English to Chinese sentence. But I can't copy the Chinese letters into the chat. So the communication is lost!

Feone
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Feone » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:31 am

Will once again bump this up too.

Google translate supports OCR + translation, but it's spotty and a hassle, this would help a lot.

Ashael

Postby Ashael » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:40 pm

There are many web sites that allow typing by radicals. It helps a lot. But, yeah, be able to copy would be the easiest way.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”