Suggesting low level items

Share your ideas on how to improve Shop Heroes.
Forum rules
Please check other threads before posting a suggestion or providing feedback to make sure that there are no duplicate threads on the same subject. We value your feedback and suggestions and will prioritize those with the most demand, however, please be patient with us as we already have a very packed pipeline for new content delivery. Any feedback that has already been taken into account will result in the thread being locked as further discussions are no longer necessary.
Galev

Suggesting low level items

Postby Galev » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:04 pm

I don't really understand the rationale behind revoking (again) the ability to suggest low level items to high level customers.
It penalises levelling up customers. It also makes it practically impossible to change your mind and switch your focus to an other line of crafts. You made it through with weapons, but now you want to check out herbs and jewellery. Oh too bad, all your customers are level 8-9 now, so they won't buy anything you craft as you grind towards unlocking new items!
This seriously discourages experimentation. Or even to unlock new workers! Why would I hire the enchanter/tinkerer/jeweller now? No one will buy the low level item (s)he can make and (s)he is costly to hire anyway.

The reason given in the release notes was to "avoid confusion". Maybe a better way could be to let low level items have the heart bonus from the racks too, but increase their suggestion cost - similarly to how suggesting too high level items cost more too. Much more transparent. It still somewhat penalizes to craft low level items but at least now we could have a trade-off and make a decision.

(ps. Please don't lock this topic, so others can have their say as well. I guess it is a bigger issue if you are changing this feature this often. It could be beneficial to have an ongoing conversation about the topic.)

HarleyM
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Re: Suggesting low level items

Postby HarleyM » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:41 pm

Galev wrote:The reason given in the release notes was to "avoid confusion". Maybe a better way could be to let low level items have the heart bonus from the racks too, but increase their suggestion cost - similarly to how suggesting too high level items cost more too. Much more transparent. It still somewhat penalizes to craft low level items but at least now we could have a trade-off and make a decision.

This is a great idea that I haven't heard suggested before. It seems to effectively address both issues, if confusion really was the problem to be solved (and confusion certainly WAS a problem). It will, of course, encourage players to start suggesting low items again for hearts, if the penalty isn't severe enough, but that wasn't stated as the issue being addressed.

Galev

Postby Galev » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:07 am

HarleyM wrote: It will, of course, encourage players to start suggesting low items again for hearts, if the penalty isn't severe enough, but that wasn't stated as the issue being addressed.

Well, that's up to the devs to decide what they want to encourgae/discourage and what they want the game to be "about". But this is a "shop simulator" and that's what economy is sort of about, isn't it? I want to make a greatest income with the least investment = profit maximisation. Of course a major feature of the game is unlocking new recipes so there should be incentives that make you progress in the unlocking and crafting. One "instant" incentive is the intrinsic fun in discovery. Many people (me included) like to unlock new items just to see what they are. Then there is the sense of progression. Just having a new recipe is not much progression. Being able to make more money is more of a progression. So the new recipes need to be more efficient cost-benefit wise. And cost here includes crafting time, resources (inc. rares and components) and the heart cost to suggest them. Benefits include price (feeding into quest power) and hearts gained (and maybe contribution to other recipes as unlock or as component).

What I'm thinking is that suggestion heart cost could be dynamic. So suggesting a lvl 5 item to a level 1 customer is costlier than suggesting it to a lvl 5 customer. Suggesting it to a lvl 10 customer could be as costly or more than suggesting to a lvl1. Suggesting it to a lvl14 should cost even more. Depending on the max possible heart capacity and hero level cap, a suggestion cost cap might be necessary. This way if for whatever reason you want to keep crafting darts and short swords, you can still sell them eventually. You can also compensate by upgrading your heart capacity and racks. However you will still gain less than by selling higher level items - because you gain less hearts and can't suggest as often, also they sell far cheaper.

Cloudcade
Cloudcade Staff

Postby Cloudcade » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:18 am

Great feedback, noted as a subject to be discussed and decided by our production team. Will let you guys know when we come to a conclusion.

atorresf

Postby atorresf » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:39 pm

Another big time issue with the current setup is that if there's a daily goal of "sell 3 short swords," it becomes unachievable. Kind of sucks for getting the streak of daily goals. It's a bummer that a couple years have passed and that hasn't been fixed yet.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:44 am

Quite a topic necro...

atorresf wrote:Another big time issue with the current setup is that if there's a daily goal of "sell 3 short swords," it becomes unachievable. Kind of sucks for getting the streak of daily goals. It's a bummer that a couple years have passed and that hasn't been fixed yet.

A daily goal is always completable at the moment it procs: there will be 1 or more heroes that can equip the item type and are within 7 levels.
The problem is that for un-maxed heroes, they can level out of that range if you don't pay attention (or if you have super bad luck, a quest they were on might level them out of the suggest range).
If I remember correct, the first time the problem was mentioned, they said switching the "sell" daily from "give me an item within the suggest range of any hero" to for ex. "give me an item within the suggest range of any hero, but leave out the bottom level" would be a big rewrite of the "sell" daily's code. I guess they never did rewrite it. :(
In this case lowering the bottom side of the suggest range from "-7 levels" to anything but the absolute "level 1" likely wouldn't fix the "sell" daily.
(say a lvl 24 hero and suggest range would be +7/-20, then the daily could probably ask for a lvl 4 item and a hero lvlup would put it out of range</trying_to_reverse_engineer_code_from_behaviour_and_dev_forum_comments>)

edit: though I wouldn't mind being able to suggest my customers precraft non-procs instead of having to craft-and-trash them...
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Mitrax
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Mitrax » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:25 am

I totaly agree. Heroes should be alble to buy level 1 items all the time..... So no trash will stay in inventory, but the disabled one precrafts.

Regards
Mitrax

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”