Azula races up to your counter, a worried look on her face...

Share your ideas on how to improve Shop Heroes.
Forum rules
Please check other threads before posting a suggestion or providing feedback to make sure that there are no duplicate threads on the same subject. We value your feedback and suggestions and will prioritize those with the most demand, however, please be patient with us as we already have a very packed pipeline for new content delivery. Any feedback that has already been taken into account will result in the thread being locked as further discussions are no longer necessary.
peteypie99

Azula races up to your counter, a worried look on her face...

Postby peteypie99 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:57 am

Azula races up to your counter, a worried look on her face... "Good shop keep, I had a vision of a small chest of treasure buried on a sandy shore... With the proper items, I'm certain we could locate the chest and split the riches inside... I'll need a Clarity Potion to quiet my mind and center myself to divine its location. See me at the Inn when you've crafted one of flawless quality.. It must be pristine for my divination to work."

Game Idea: Crafting Quests - Crafting based chain of quests that lead to item/gold/gem rewards... These quests can be generated from characters appearing in the shop, or a "Quest Board" in the Inn (much like many rpg games) The Quest Board can have up to 3 quests on it (a new one generated per day to get people to log in), and would be easy to program because it's all text and no animation (yay).

Reasoning:

At present, the game is largely reduced to watching countdown timers once the roulette is spun, pvp is fought, characters out on long missions, and the daily fragment is achieved. If you're at the point where you are crafting 1 hour plus crafts, all that's left is to watch them tick down if you have no items to sell. There is nothing in-game to keep you from toggling away and going to do something else (boo, reality). Also, the interesting backstories of the characters are completely gone once their PvP ability quests are undertaken.

Things to consider:

These quests, programming wise, would not be much different from the level quests, or even the pvp ability quests in terms of sending the heroes out on missions once you've delivered the items or fulfilled the conditions.

These quests can be riddle-like, to make players think... instead of "make me a Flawless Clarity Potion" ... "make me a drought that will clear my vision, which is itself clear of all flaws..."

Quests can be easy/medium/hard/extreme, with commensurate rewards. (It might be nice to have another way to get a Hellfire Ruby, I'm just saying..."

It would give bumps in value for items without the need to slap powers onto them.

It would give players a reason to craft some of the hundreds of blueprints they own but never ever use again.

-----------------------------------

Ultimately, if you temper the rewards so as not to throw the economy out of balance, this seems like a programming-light way (it would be text, timers, and mission-system that already exists with pvp abilities), to have players engage both in the stories of the characters and with some often unused recipes that will be given new life (and perhaps new value) without having to add new powers to them and raise the overall power-creep up of items, which I'm sure is a concern.

I think it's an easy add that will add depth to the game for players who quickly run out of the standard things to do.

Hope you guys like the suggestion!

Tomblade
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: Azula races up to your counter, a worried look on her face...

Postby Tomblade » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:00 pm

So basically, quests that function like in Swords & Potions 1. You give them the item they request, and they bring you back money, items, or materials.

peteypie99

Postby peteypie99 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:45 pm

Tomblade wrote:So basically, quests that function like in Swords & Potions 1. You give them the item they request, and they bring you back money, items, or materials.

Or it could be a different task like a chain of quests with increasing rewards along the way, or it could be a limited duration BP reward that last.. let's say... 5 crafts, or 2 hours or whatever... possibilities are endless, but I think it'd be a way to add dimension to the game.

alanx
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby alanx » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:09 pm

Basically an extended "personal quest" system. I like the idea. To keep things simple, it would be nice if they just rehash the existing personal quest system and give us one personal quest per day for each hero in the inn or make it one personal quest per hero per week since that's minimum 25 quests per week. They could temper down the duration of these quests and maybe change the "yellow exclamation" symbol showing arena abilities quests to blue/green exclamation symbols to help distinguish between pending original personal quests. These extended weekly quests can be unlocked for a hero for whom you've finished all 3 personal quests already. I think its a nice way to add some PvE element to the game.

PS: while the title is amusing I think renaming it to suit the intention more accurately would help gain it more traction. right now it feels like some tavern title

peteypie99

Postby peteypie99 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:30 am

alanx wrote:
PS: while the title is amusing I think renaming it to suit the intention more accurately would help gain it more traction. right now it feels like some tavern title

Ehh, let's be honest. I don't think they'll get to any of these...

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”