Power. All you wanted to know.

Share strategies, experience and tips & tricks.
zarusjamer

Power. All you wanted to know.

Postby zarusjamer » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:54 pm

While building my Shop Heroes Team Builder, I came to a challenge to calculate hero powers.
It wasn't an easy task, but I managed it, and now want to share knowledge.
Beware, for below you will find too much of math.
----
Basics
First things first. Let's start our lesson from basic calculations.
Heroes power calculated as sum of hero power and their items equipped (really?! what a surprise...)
Lets head straight to formula:

Code: Select all

SP = ( ( HBP + LBP * HLM ) * HPM + IP * IOM * IPM ) * BM

Messy, ain't it?
Most of this info you can find at Shop Heroes Sreadsheet.
Skills are what your heroes unlock at certain levels and what comes from items of certain quailty and unlocked by mastering their blueprints up to a certain tier.
Most of skills have utilitary purpose and do not affect power at all.
What we want are skills whose description states they affect strength, equipment strength or party survival.
Some of skills are affecting entire party and are activated only when you assemble party, we'll look at them later, for now we are calculating single hero power, as how it shown in hero roster.

Let's calculate Karal power of max level (25) with theese items equipped:
    Mythical Giant's Hammer [No skill]
    Legendary Oiled Leather [Energetic I]
    Legendary Frozen Helm [Protector I]
    Legendary King's Gauntlets [Not mastered]
    Legendary Magic Riders [Arch Wizard I]
    Legendary Starry Shield [Protector II]
    Mythical Heart Seeker [No skill]

28406 = ( ( 100 + 975 * 1.00 ) * 1.25 + 21650 * 1.25 * 1.00 ) * 1.00

First three numbers are easy, you can find those at spreadsheet.
HBP [Hero Base Power] = 100
LBP [Level Base Power] = 975
HLM [Hero Level Multiplier] = 1.00

IP [Items Power] is calculated as sum of all equipped items power, and those are calculated as

P = IBP [Item Base Power] * QM [Quality Multiplier]

Before we proceed to final calculations write down theese numbers:

HP = ( 100 + 975 * 1.00 ) = 1075
IP = 21650

We'll need those later.

Back to our shee...heroes.

Karal has skill Crush that increases Strength by 25%. It's description doesn't state it affects party, so it's applied straight to hero power.
HPM [Hero Power Multiplier] = 1 + 0.25 = 1.25

All equipped items are in optimal range - difference between item level and hero level 6 or less - items marked with green ribbon).
This state gives us optimal bonus and it's a plain +25% increase.
IOM [Items Optimal Multiplier = 1.25

Item skill multiplier comes from non-leader skills stating they increase equipment strenght. Pity we have no such skills on Karal - not on her nor on items.
IPM [Items Power Multiplier] = 1.00

BM (Building Multiplier) comes from boosting hero building and gives +25% overall power boosting, while Crown Jewels boosting give +5% for each level above 1, giving +25% at maximum level.

BM = 1.00 + ( Bulding Boosted ) * 0.25 + ( Crown Jewels Level - 1 ) * 0.05 = 1.00 + 0.00 + 0.00

Alas, our Karal has no boosts coming from her Building at all.

We're done here. At least with basics. Stop reading now or there will be more math below.

Party
This is most annoying part of calculations.
It took me 3 sleepless nights, to figure it out, and I figured it out WRONG!
Well, after taking a good sleep, I finally came to a right solution, so now you read 2nd edition.
But enough of emotions, let's go to plain math and tricky magic.

TP = ( HP * HPM + IP * IOM * IPM ) * BM * SRM

If you haven't written down HP and IP as I told above, go, do your math again.

BM and IOM multipliers aren't foreign to you, at least you know how to calculate those.

HPM and IPM are calculated individually and are sum of bonuses coming from hero and from party wide skills of every hero in a party.
So the tricky part of this is to get a list of all party skills related to hero power (ex. Commander, Arch Wizard) and equipment power (ex. Gangster).

The only multiplier left is SRM [Survival Rate Multiplier]

SRM = 1.0 + BSM + SSM

BSM [Base Survival Multiplier] is a plain +10% for each member in a party of two heroes and more, so it ends up at +50% bonus at 6 heroes in party.

BSM = 0.1 * ( Heroes Count - 1 )

SSM [Skills Survival Multiplier] is calculated same way as HPM and IPM - from all party wide Survival Rate sources (Amazon, Brothers-in-arms, Protector etc).
The trick that took part of my sanity was to figure out that SSM is calculated the same way as BSM!

SSM = SUM( Filtered Survival Rate ) x ( Heroes Count - 1 )

If you managed to read all the way to this point, nothing can stop you on the way to POWER calculation.

Curiosity killed a cat, but luckily for us we are humans.
The only thing left to know is how that Group Bonus [GB] at party assembling screen calculated.

GB = SUM( TP ) / SUM( SP ) - 1

I'm done.

Thanks for reading and visit my Shop Heroes Team Builder
Last edited by zarusjamer on Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

alanx
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Re: Power. All you wanted to know.

Postby alanx » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:50 pm

Excellent guide. This info could be used to build an online party power calculator if there isn't one yet.

Azbandar
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Azbandar » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:43 am

His link at the bottom is one, and the Super Team Builder link in my signature has used the power calc for a while now.
Mayor of Eolythes, overseer of many spreadsheets & maker of many things...MANY things.

Shop Heroes Spreadsheet | Super Team Builder Redux
Shop Heroes Spreadsheet design by Richard | Super Team Builder original design by Akerson

aks47u
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby aks47u » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:52 am

zarusjamer wrote:BM (Building Multiplier) comes from boosting hero building and gives +25% overall power boosting, while Crown Jewels boosting give +5% for each level above 1, giving +25% at maximum level.

It's 5%/CJ level, not level -1.
When you're looking at the CJ boosts you see let's say level 2 Inn. This means the Inn is level 1, and the level 2 purchase is showing.
When you fully upgrade a building it's level 5, it also shows as level 5 before you purchase that last level.

zarusjamer

Postby zarusjamer » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:24 am

aks47u wrote:It's 5%/CJ level, not level -1.
When you're looking at the CJ boosts you see let's say level 2 Inn. This means the Inn is level 1, and the level 2 purchase is showing.
When you fully upgrade a building it's level 5, it also shows as level 5 before you purchase that last level.

Yeah. I was thinking on how to represent the fact when you open CJs upgrades you see them Lv.1 for buildings without boosts, Lv2. for tier 1 etc. This is surely messy, so i'll fallback to 0-5 levels.
Azbandar wrote:the Super Team Builder link in my signature has used the power calc for a while now.

I used it to build my teams I'm running now, but at some point I had broken file - it's pretty fragile to all kinds of wrong doings. So I decided to write a web version for my own purpose. All I took of the file was an idea, never bothered to see what was going inside it.
P.S. The only formula I left to know now is how injury chances and/or at least faces colors calculated. Might do some research too :D
P.P.S. This time I really should steal it from someone.
P.P.P.S. Oh, and that nasty shiny party equipment break chance calculator!
Sheesh

Azbandar
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Azbandar » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:44 pm

zarusjamer wrote:I used it to build my teams I'm running now, but at some point I had broken file - it's pretty fragile to all kinds of wrong doings.
Sheesh

That's why I now have it locked for the inexperienced excel user. It was broken in the beginning, but has been stable for several months now.
Mayor of Eolythes, overseer of many spreadsheets & maker of many things...MANY things.

Shop Heroes Spreadsheet design by Richard | Super Team Builder original design by Akerson

Azbandar
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Azbandar » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:51 pm

Also, your web-version is very broken. Either it won't load, or it only allows 1 hero parties, starting at party #5. Also, when using other people's sheets, it's customary to give them some credit for the work they've done. Case in point, Akerson first wrote the sheet I now manage, and I give him full credit for the base design. Richard started the Shop Heroes data spreadsheet and I now manage it. Give people credit where it is due.

We'd all like to help you sort out the browser issue you are having, but without seeing anything code wise, all we can do is tell you, hey, it isn't working.

zarusjamer

Postby zarusjamer » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:07 pm

Azbandar wrote:Also, when using other people's sheets, it's customary to give them some credit for the work they've done. Case in point, Akerson first wrote the sheet I now manage, and I give him full credit for the base design. Richard started the Shop Heroes data spreadsheet and I now manage it. Give people credit where it is due.

:oops: Thanks for reminding me to add credits as I added "Help" tab in a rush just to give a general clue on how to use it. Take no offence, I'll give full credits to their respectfull owners, I'm just too tired of debugging to do it right now.
Azbandar wrote:Also, your web-version is very broken. Either it won't load, or it only allows 1 hero parties, starting at party #5.
We'd all like to help you sort out the browser issue you are having, but without seeing anything code wise, all we can do is tell you, hey, it isn't working.

:idea: Just fixed some party assembling bugs, check out if the bug is still there.
The code is pretty "opened" since it's pure javascript. Also you can download sources from Git Hub and use offline.
I think I placed it under GPL or MIT (tho need to check this out, if not, i'll change it), so everyone can just write their own team builder as I did

Molly
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Molly » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:26 am

zarusjamer wrote:Thanks for reading and visit my Shop Heroes Team Builder

I see empty tabs (except "Help") =)

zarusjamer

Postby zarusjamer » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:15 pm

Molly wrote:I see empty tabs (except "Help") =)

What browser are you using? IE/Chrome/FF and its version.
I only tested it on Chrome 60.

Return to “Strategy & Guides”