Power. All you wanted to know.

Share strategies, experience and tips & tricks.
Molly
"Good" Mastery Member

Re: Power. All you wanted to know.

Postby Molly » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:57 pm

zarusjamer wrote:
Molly wrote:I see empty tabs (except "Help") =)

What browser are you using? IE/Chrome/FF and its version.
I only tested it on Chrome 60.

FF 55 and Opera 45:

zarusjamer

Postby zarusjamer » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:58 am

Molly wrote:FF 55 and Opera 45

Fixed

Molly
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Molly » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:05 am

zarusjamer wrote:
Molly wrote:FF 55 and Opera 45

Fixed

Nice!

1) It's good to add the "Source" column at the "Items" tab (to see which chest or pack). And be able to sort by "Source + Level" (items without skills should be at the end of such sorted list).

2) Column "Equipment" must to be wider:

3) It's hard to dig into items without seeing their level. For example, I first recall the level of "28", and only then I am looking among the items of this level for "Candy Cane Staff". But now it's hard to find it:

But even after choosing a staff, I do not see either its level or the level of the hero (I remember the level of Melina, but this is not true for many other heroes). Level of items can be integrated into their names (which will allow them to be easily filtered by level).

ryans100

Postby ryans100 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:14 pm

In addition to the above items from Molly, I think the following few items may assist.

* Heroes tab - Can you sort it alphabetically by hero name?

* Teams tab - When adding a hero to a team, is it possible to sort the list of heroes alphabetically?

* Teams tab - When adding an item to a hero, is it possible to allow the TAB key to select the item when you have typed the name and it narrows it down to one item? Just to speed up the process really

* Teams tab - When selecting the quality of an item, can you expand the height of box size a bit? Currently Mythical is on the very bottom but the box is just small enough in height that it causes a scroll bar to appear.

Thanks!

zarusjamer

Postby zarusjamer » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:43 am

I was wondering if anyone really would use this site.
So I waited a while for feedback.
But there were none, so I decided to put a project on hold.
Thank you for feedback, this makes me feel a bit more usefull now! :D

Now to bottom requests:
> It's good to add the "Source" column at the "Items" tab (to see which chest or pack).
Might be a paradise of a work to refine 850 items again. Yup, definitely can be done before the end of eternity :D (okayokay, I'll do my best to implement it twice faster!)

> Column "Equipment" must to be wider
I really hate "responsive" design and all that work you should do to keep it as flexible and still fail.
What (i know its FF :D) zoom level do you use while browsing, screen resolution, default font size chosen by browser, system options for increased text size.
Those icons fit well on my home PCs - both desktop (1920px) and notebook (somewhat 1340px at 14"), so I really can increase width, but also sure it won't fix that problem - just too many options to override default 12-14-16px font size choices :D

> And be able to sort by
I'm sure that can be done. I'll put it on the end of todo list tho.

> And be able to sort by "Source + Level" (items without skills should be at the end of such sorted list).
Not sure what do you want and why.
I can add filter option "Has skill" for "Skill" column to filter out items without possible skills.

> It's hard to dig into items without seeing their level. For example, I first recall the level of "28", and only then I am looking among the items of this level for "Candy Cane Staff".
> But even after choosing a staff, I do not see either its level or the level of the hero (I remember the level of Melina, but this is not true for many other heroes). Level of items can be integrated into their names (which will allow them to be easily filtered by level).
I can add more info like item level and skill name in popup options, but that will make it as wide as half of the screen and really what is "Items" tab for.
Integrating levels to names without lots of rework would ruin most of current site features.
But I was planning to add item images, so I can put level there, as well as hero level - somewhere over image - top-right corner.
And surely I'll put some time to think on how to filter options list by level of items as well.

> Teams tab
> When adding a hero to a team, is it possible to sort the list of heroes alphabetically?
> When adding an item to a hero, is it possible to allow the TAB key to select the item when you have typed the name and it narrows it down to one item?
I can sort options by name, but will it really help, if you have an option to type in few letters and pick the only choice left and press ENTER key (also you can use arrow keys to navigate options). At least that works for me under Chrome.
Since tab in browser affects switching between page objects I dont want to mess with default keyboard behaviours, nor override default select2 component behaviour. The more code you change, the more chances you'll break something else.

> When selecting the quality of an item, can you expand the height of box size a bit? Currently Mythical is on the very bottom but the box is just small enough in height that it causes a scroll bar to appear.
Yeah, once I figure how to do it without breaking the rest of stuff - this thing annoys me as much.
I was thinking on sorting list in backwards order since I doubt anyone would PLAN to equip heroes in Common gear rather in Mythicals.

kaisies
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby kaisies » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:54 pm

I did figure this out myself over a year ago @ viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6429

congrats on taking the time to do so - it was a challenge for me as well.

Molly
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Molly » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:26 pm

zarusjamer wrote:Not sure what do you want and why.

Like this (it is easier to keep a record of skilled items):

zarusjamer wrote:I can add more info like item level and skill name in popup options, but that will make it as wide as half of the screen and really what is "Items" tab for.
Integrating levels to names without lots of rework would ruin most of current site features.

A lot of controls is a bad idea for sure. But you can (?) use (normal) "item name" internally and (composed) "display item name" for displaying in the lists.

And you can try to generate item records automatically from Shop Heroes Data Spreadsheet (saved in csv). To avoid a lot of manual work.
Need to add column "Acquired from"? Need to change all displayed names? Let's the script doing this for you!
The source code, of course, still requires manual work...

internetz
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby internetz » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:45 pm

if you need help with google query structure to get an output csv from the main spreadsheet in the format you need, drop me a line...

zarusjamer

Postby zarusjamer » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:51 pm

Not that I need a help with SQL queries, I'm SQL developer :D
It's not CSV I need - I load up CSV into SQL and then make a nasty JSON I need with FOR JSON. If Google Query can do that, that'll be nice.
But I would rather ask if there blueprint rarity on the SH SS pages is, and how to retrieve it, since I failed to find that.

Back to a site features:
Items: Added non-blanks filtering on skills.
Heroes: Increased equipments line width a bit.
Teams: Fixed heroes swapping on team roster retaining previous hero gears.
Teams: Added filtering by levels and names for heroes and items selectors.
Overall: Some visuals overhaul (I know I suck at design and css).
Known bugs: Heroes selectors do not filter out heroes already in team roster (minor).
Check buildings tab to correct CJ upgrades. If team tab seems broken go to Data tab and clear Teams options (dont forget to retreive customs prior).
Todo:
Sorting, Items sources, Items icons.
Should I add precrafts info on items tab?
Someone asked for inventory values...

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:24 pm

zarusjamer wrote:But I would rather ask if there blueprint rarity on the SH SS pages is, and how to retrieve it, since I failed to find that.

Chest & Premium items tab.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Return to “Strategy & Guides”