Questing Guide and Crafting Guide + FAQs

Share strategies, experience and tips & tricks.
WingDingo
"Epic" Mastery Member

Questing Guide and Crafting Guide + FAQs

Postby WingDingo » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:15 pm

I wrote up a Quest explanation guide. I always have more rare resources than I need. This is by no means a complete guide or a, "you must play this way," guide. It is more of an explanation of what you are looking at in the user interfaces.

http://shop-heroes.wikia.com/wiki/Quest_Guide

The second guide is a Crafting Guide. I frequently see new players saying that their craft times are too long, or they don't know how to do this or that or the other thing. This guide is still in progress.

http://shop-heroes.wikia.com/wiki/Crafting_Guide

HarleyM
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Re: Questing Guide and Crafting Guide + FAQs

Postby HarleyM » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:36 pm

A couple issues I saw with your questing guide...
  • Describing items as if they give "X" power per item level seems questionable, since items don't scale linearly. That seems like doing division just for the sake of doing division.
  • Item affinity does NOT affect power
  • Defeating a boss does not always increase subsequent quests by 10%. Lost Labrynth, for example, increases by 15%. Pyramid increases by slightly less than 10%. I'd be concerned about having people rely on your information only to screw themselves out of an easier quest. This would probably be a good thing on which to build a table in the wiki.
  • Your "Power" formula is a bit off. Building boosts stack with everything, but the gear bonus doesn't stack with base power. The formula is actually SoloPower = (Base Power + Item Power *If(SetBonus, 1.25, 1)) * If(BuildingBonus, 1.25, 1) ... before factoring in the hero abilities that might affect power.
  • Quests with 6 heroes actually allow you to choose 3 rewards, not 2.

On the whole, though, a pretty well organized explanation!

WingDingo
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby WingDingo » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:13 am

Thank you for spot checking the information. I have reworded the information in all places where you found discrepancies. I see that you are correct on all counts, and I will take your word on the 6 heroes getting 3 choices.

Raimbo
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Raimbo » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:30 am

If you ever don't trust Harley, Wingdingo, just trust him ♥
It's absolutely correct that with 6 heroes you will chose 3 rewards.

WingDingo
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby WingDingo » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:52 am

Raimbo wrote:If you ever don't trust Harley, Wingdingo, just trust him ♥
It's absolutely correct that with 6 heroes you will chose 3 rewards.

I have a healthy appreciation for fact checking and verification. Thank you for that. I have a few personal issues with blindly trusting opinions of others. I am, however, in favor of opinions with verified facts to back up those opinions.

Behbista

Postby Behbista » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:14 am

In the quest guide you have: 3.) Your city boost is a 30 minute duration to increased Craft Speed input. 99.99% of the time, if you are using city boosts for Craft Speed input, you do not understand Shop Heroes mechanics. Continue reading.

However you don't address this point further down.

elstie

Postby elstie » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:07 am

I read somewhere that you can send low level companions along with your higher level customers in order to "power level" them, but whenever I've tried to do that, they fail the quest. Is what I heard true or was it just bad information?

What is the quickest way to level up your customers?

Return to “Strategy & Guides”