Fusion Cauldroning 101

Share strategies, experience and tips & tricks.
Dastran
"Good" Mastery Member

Re: Fusion Cauldroning 101

Postby Dastran » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:57 pm

Here's the Dastran FFFE philosophy. It probably isn't the statistical "best", but I like it. I got lots of legendaries from it. It gives me a warm fuzzy. So here goes.

I choose three (or four) F's that are all things that I want to keep. They can be the same item; however, if they are different from each other the fuse goes faster. Because the E will be different, the fuse is already tuned up a bit, though, so I don't kill myself finding three different F's.

The closer the three F's are to each other, the more even the probability distribution between them for what you will get. The lower level items will have a greater probability of being the drop, which I find distasteful, so I aim for getting them as near each other as possible.

I always choose a cheap, unwanted, common-print E. The closer it is to the level of the F's, the better the odds of getting a legendary I want. If the E is too low, I have more odds of a "failed" legendary.

Ok, so to be concrete, here are a few that scored me some nice legendaries:

• Midas Gloves (F, 40), Balmung (F, 40), Plasmic Robe (F, 38), any level 35-40 common-print epic. Real good odds at an epic, and a 10-is percent chance of getting a legendary I want.
  • 3x level 26 healer items (Singing Chakram, Elixir, Ygg Flute, Rejuv Tea), 1x epic Nordic Lute (because I am swimming in them)
  • 3x Moon Voulge (F, 30), 1x Heaven's Will (E, 31)

I produce most of my F and E items by CF fusing, so the path to legendary is pretty quick compared to, oh, the way I did it a month ago. In fact, most of my cheap epics come from "failed" CF fuses, so very little goes to waste.

:ugeek:

Genyl
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Genyl » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:51 am

so now I am semi - retired from the game I thought I could share my secret fusions. As stated in this same thread there are some epic
items very cheap due to them being pre crafts. The most prominent example is nordic lute. At the time of writing this you can
buy an epic nordic lute for 8 gems and a legendary for 51. If you try to sell one of this you may notice that it sells. This is quite
surprising to me given the sheer amount of epic nordic lutes that may be put in the market, maybe people doing this

Genyl's secret fusion recipe 1

FFEEE

e.g.

flawless FF kunai
flawless elven bow
3 nordic epic lutes (you can replace any for another cheap 20+lvl item)

100% sucess chance
50% chance of getting one of the flawless as epic and 50% chance of getting a legendary nordic lute

what to do with leg nordic lutes? ->

Genyl's secret fusion recipe 2

ELLLL

e.g.

epic oracle shield
3 legendary nordic lutes
1 lvl 25+ legendary (or just another nordic lute)

Depending of the level this may give you around 38% for a high level epic. So it will cost you 2.63 epics to get a legendary. If you do it through the standard
EEE fusion it will cost you 4.2 epics. If the value of those epic savings is higher than the value of the fodder legendaries the recipe is efficient

Another version with less fusion time for items with less value is

EELLL

A bit pretentiously I call them secret but I suspect some people know them because the market for epic nordic lutes is healthy

akerson
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby akerson » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:52 am

I restored this to a working version. Someone cut-pasted and messed up the formulas. I'll re-write this soon so that way if people cut-paste it won't change the references.
"I believe the forum ban was deserved, as he has been out of line, and warned.

I believe a permanent game ban was out of line."

-Abqu

internetz
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby internetz » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:16 pm

named ranges are helpful for that. also, there are a couple of scripts that you can use to revert your spreadsheet to it's default upon load, they can help, if the people using your sheet wont expect to be able to come back and see the calculations they made..

akerson

Postby akerson » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:35 am

internetz wrote:named ranges are helpful for that. also, there are a couple of scripts that you can use to revert your spreadsheet to it's default upon load, they can help, if the people using your sheet wont expect to be able to come back and see the calculations they made..

Named ranges don't help if the only cell is that one -- it'll just move the reference. The only thing I can do (that I know of) is replace the references to those cells with =INDIRECT("A1") so that way it's not affected.

-Abqu

akerson

Postby akerson » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:57 am

Just fixed the sheet again (it was broken) and added the last 10 items that were added to the game!

-Abqu

alex
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby alex » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:01 pm

So, to summarize the most efficient inputs (disregard fusion time) when trying to craft a :
- flawless : 3x great (?) / Unknown
- Epic : C+F
- Legendary : E(higher lvl)+2C (lower lvl target item)
- Mythic : 3L (?) / Unknown

akerson

Postby akerson » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:16 am

alex wrote:So, to summarize the most efficient inputs (disregard fusion time) when trying to craft a :
- flawless : 3x great (?) / Unknown
- Epic : C+F
- Legendary : E(higher lvl)+2C (lower lvl target item)
- Mythic : 3L (?) / Unknown

Yeah in terms of material efficiency that's the best call. Right now i'm making epics with CF, and then doing ELLLL with lower level legendaries for a chance at mythics. If I make the legendary, I just stack up for 5 legendaries.

-Abqu

Gain

Postby Gain » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:20 pm

I just unlocked Balmungs, but realized I don't really have access to flawless/epic items on the same level. Is the most efficient way to get to legendaries (material wise) to fuse two Balmungs CF and then three Balmungs E?

BobTheBuilder
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby BobTheBuilder » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:04 am

If u compare 3xEpic

Code: Select all

Epic Balmung  + Epic Balmung  +
Epic Balmung
Fusetime: 14h 57m 12s - Chance: 45%
Legendary Balmung 100.00%
****Data from www.tstr.no/sh/fusion.php****

With 5xEpic

Epic Balmung
Fusetime: 14h 57m 12s - Chance: 100%
Legendary Balmung 100.00%

Then u see that it on averag will take 2.22 fuses per legendary balmung if u do 3E. Since you lose 1 epic each failed fuse, than the average cost will be 4.22 epics per legendary.
That means that u save 0.78 epics, but increase fuse time from roughly 15h to 33h.

If we look at fuse time for epics:

Common Balmung  + Flawless Balmung
Fusetime: 5h 39m 24s - Chance: 100%
Flawless Balmung 49.83%
Epic Balmung     29.72%
Good Balmung     15.76%
Great Balmung     4.70%

Then we get that to get 0,78 epics we will need roughly 2.62 fuses. (0,78/29.72%)
If we do 2.62*6h40m we get 14h 52m, so the time diference is 3h including precrafts.

5XEpic:
15h + 95h = 110h
8.4 flawless and 16.82 commons (16.82 fuses, where half returns flawless again)

3xEpic
33h + 80h = 113h
7.1 flawless and 14,2 commons (14,2 fuses, where half returns flawless again)

So it takes u 3 more hours and save u 1.3 flawless and 2.6 commons.

NOTE: there is also the "luck" factor to add inn. U can either get lucky or unlucky, espescially on 3xEpics where its only 45% chance
Proud member of the Arkonauts
Creator of Shop Heroes Break Calculator and SH Raid Loot Calculator
Line-id: sh-bob

Return to “Strategy & Guides”