Personal Quests -- improving efficiency and speed

Share strategies, experience and tips & tricks.
Abqu
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Personal Quests -- improving efficiency and speed

Postby Abqu » Thu May 19, 2016 9:10 pm

Hey, it's me! Two guides in one week, wow this guy must have no life!

I'm going to try to take a little more comprehensive approach to this one. Personal quests were just modified/expanded in a recent patch [1], and based on some tricksy wording, I feel like they're worth doing [2]. And if they're not worth doing, then I guess I wasted only my time doing them, and you all get to mock me! A win-win, right?

[If you don't like my style of writing/posting, Poison Lotus wrote a guide on this subject that may interest you.]

I have been doing work filling out the personal quest info on Richard's amazing spreadsheet. If you want specifics, please check it out [3]. I'd like to talk in generalities here, if I may be so bold.

This post is going to need visual aids, so I'm sorry, superfans, the gifs are gonna have to take a backseat on this one.

What are personal quests?

Personal quests are one-time quest events, where you have to equip predetermined heroes and parties with preselected equipment. These story-driven quests take quite some time to complete, meaning injuries, rest and recovery all are hurdles.

Personal quests are different in that the game imposes restrictions on you, and so we've got to employ some tricks improve efficiency. It's not as bad as it seems. Let's check out the interface.

#1 -- Your progress in the personal quest line.
○ There are three quests for each hero.

#2 -- Required gear bubbles.
○ No bubble here means that your hero meets the gear requirement.
○ White background means that you have an item in your inventory that meets this requirement, but it isn't equipped.
○ Red background means that you don't have an item in your inventory that meets this requirement.
○ Protip: Click/Hold the centers of these bubbles to bring up the trade house interface for the required item.

#3 -- Heroes required for the story quest.

○ A full color character means the hero is available to begin the quest.
○ A greyed out character means that the hero is unavailable to begin the quest.

#4 -- The "begin quest" button.
○ When the button turns to full color, you have met all the requirements, and can begin the personal quest.

Making the teams run more efficiently

So now we're at the fun part, because I get to talk about one of Adaman's guides again. Go read them all! They're amazing! The one we need for this one, however, is his "Skill: ENERGETIC" masterpiece [3]. So let's talk a little.

The key to efficient personal quests is cutting down on the upfront time, and the recovery time. The first part is fine, three (or four) inn boosts will significantly cut the time these quests take. For recovery, the two options are healer and energetic, as it's always been. However, because party size is limited, getting to a respectable healer rate, much less ideal support/resourceful coverage, is going to be really hard.

So we're "stuck" using cheap, easy to make, leather and wooden chest blooprints. There are just a handful of heroes we can not get to 100% energetic using wood and leather blueprints, so these heroes are going to be our problem children. They are: Fiora, Francesca, and Irene. These three strong, independent women will be significant hurdles in your quest to personal quest domination. I know Fran and Irene show up a lot in these quests, so focusing some effort on their next tier energetic items will help.

"Wait, wait, wait, Abu", you say. "Won't these things just break?" YES! But that's okay! The barrier to craft the wood and leather energetics is very low. The skill threshold is easy to proc, and quick to fuse up to. So, I suggest you just plan on using flawless versions, because breaking them won't hurt much if at all. Let them go! i just wanted to use a Frozen gif, sue me

The Final Hurdle

Alright, so we've covered the basics and the intermediary stuff. Now here's a special Abqu-discovered trick for all yall.

Only four heroes offer up a (!) to you at a time. It's my experience that the lowest level heroes take priority. But what if you don't want to play in the sandbox with Clovis and Garreth?

There are five hero quest statuses: ready to quest, on a quest, waiting to complete a quest, recovering, or injured.

If a hero is ready to quest, recovering, or injured, they will show up in your (!) pool. If they are on a quest, or waiting for their quest to be completed, they will not.

So what does this mean? To get the low level heroes out of your inn, simply send them out on a quest, and don't collect them when they return. That's right kids, sewers squads are making a comeback!

Oh uh, all the people died

Look, I'm not gonna sugarcoat it. The heroes are going to die. They're going to be injured. It's going to take forever. You can try to equip some healer stuff, but really it's gonna be hard to make a dent. Deaths happen. You can pay the gems to heal them if you're in a hurry I guess, but that's a little too superpro for me.

Just don't mock people. Karma will bite your booty. (sorry i laughed at u richard)

Closing Thoughts

Another fun guide. I don't know if this is going to be of any use to anyone, but it's a topic I haven't seen written about yet. I know some people want me to write a guide on Net Worth, but I feel like a hundred other players could do that. I try to stay in the niche areas.

That said, if you've got a guide request, or want help with anything, I'm always happy to help. I'm on LINE, Discord, and whatever else the youth are doing these days. Get off my lawn.

Thanks for reading!

Abqu OUT!

Sources
1: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6283
2: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6366&start=10#p24627
3: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1951904981
○ If you have any information that would help complete this sheet, please contact me or Richard. Thanks!
4: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5525

edit: i accidentally a section edit2: removed bad setup for bad joke
Last edited by Abqu on Wed May 25, 2016 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

akerson
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Re: Personal Quests -- improving efficiency and speed

Postby akerson » Fri May 20, 2016 3:50 am

Hey abqu! Great guide as always. Keep it up (:
"I believe the forum ban was deserved, as he has been out of line, and warned.

I believe a permanent game ban was out of line."

-Abqu

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Fri May 20, 2016 4:29 am

Nice guide.

Other tip: since plenty of heroes are part of multiple personal quests, it's best to study in advance who is needed in which open personal quest, so you can puzzle/tetris them into 4+ personal quest parties running at the same time (also saves you some inn boosts) . Since raid is a bad time to send heroes out on personal quests, it's a great time to do the puzzling. ;)
More planning ahead: some of the required items are chest items, so if you don't have them and don't want to spend gems on them, it might take some time to get them for gold off the tradehouse.

It's a shame Luna Rod - lvl 17 staff (iron chest) is the only "healer" item below golden chest, since the absurd injury timers on personal quests bother me much more than the rest timers... :(
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

erinjanelle

Postby erinjanelle » Fri May 20, 2016 4:58 am

Who's awesome? Abqu is awesome. :)

dickensign

Postby dickensign » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:57 pm

Another trick is to equip the heroes with better quality items for their personal quests than the one in the bubble. Make a note of the item, exit out of the quest screen and go find an upgraded version of the same item on the tradehouse. Buy it, then equip the hero with it.

For example, if the quest requires a good quality ax, try and buy the same ax at flawless, epic, etc. The quest will accept higher quality items but not lower. Higher quality = higher survival rate.

infiner
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby infiner » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:08 am

I run almost all personal quests (only 3 left to go) during two unbreakable event sessions.
100% energetic + any amount of healer + some power items for survivability.

Return to “Strategy & Guides”