Team Building 102 -- Efficient questing and raiding

Share strategies, experience and tips & tricks.
WingDingo
"Epic" Mastery Member

Re: Team Building 102 -- Efficient questing and raiding

Postby WingDingo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:43 am

While I consciously know that 6 Support is overkill, I still run into the problem that I experience injuries. Because I experience injuries, I'm forced to run parties that are not what I had planned, or not run the party at all until the hero(es) heals. Some of the heroes that are injured carry the Support items. If I were down to a party of 5 Support as a baseline, and say Louca was injured, I'd be down to 2 Support. I don't like my odds with 2 Support, but I can probably get away with 3.

Having more Support gives me more flexibility with party configurations. If I ever get a 100% revive team, I will shift it down to 5 Support.

Ronin
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Ronin » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:54 pm

WingDingo wrote:While I consciously know that 6 Support is overkill, I still run into the problem that I experience injuries. Because I experience injuries, I'm forced to run parties that are not what I had planned, or not run the party at all until the hero(es) heals. Some of the heroes that are injured carry the Support items. If I were down to a party of 5 Support as a baseline, and say Louca was injured, I'd be down to 2 Support. I don't like my odds with 2 Support, but I can probably get away with 3.

Having more Support gives me more flexibility with party configurations. If I ever get a 100% revive team, I will shift it down to 5 Support.

That makes a lot of sense, are you also over-healering until you get 100% revive as well (just in case its a healer who goes down)?

a654172382

Postby a654172382 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:00 am

WingDingo wrote:I could have sworn up and down that we've known that 100% Free To Play, 100% revive teams are possible. Here is a configuration with 0% optimization put into this. This is just an example of how it is possible. This is in fact so horribly not optimized, I'm embarrassed to even share it.

This features 100% Energetic, 6 Support, and an overkill of 435% Revive among 4 parties.

what's the chance of a gear breaking with 6 support?

Ronin
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Ronin » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:28 pm

a654172382 wrote:what's the chance of a gear breaking with 6 support?

Review the posts on the prior page of the thread where such odds were stated.

VeNoM0619
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby VeNoM0619 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:37 pm

Ronin wrote:
a654172382 wrote:what's the chance of a gear breaking with 6 support?

Review the posts on the prior page of the thread where such odds were stated.

Can't blame the guy for not wanting to read 22 pages to see if anything pertains to his question...

Here is a break chance calculator I found on these forums that someone made:
http://sh.tstr.no/

I'm sure there's a spreadsheet or something else out there as well, feel free to add those links.

Catriona

Postby Catriona » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:19 pm

Is there any chance you could do a guide on mythical high level items ( including cash items) and their skills? Just in case some of us ( like me) are interested in that type of game play but don't know where to start?

Abqu
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Abqu » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:32 pm

Catriona wrote:Is there any chance you could do a guide on mythical high level items ( including cash items) and their skills? Just in case some of us ( like me) are interested in that type of game play but don't know where to start?

There are some builds by other people scattered around the forum; here are a few:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7882&start=20#p41752 (pretty up to date)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6237&p=34160&sid=bf998facbf6d30c6092dc01985f1f59b#p34160 (little outdated, but still impressive)

Unless you're asking the other interpretation of the question -- where to start on building teams, if everything is a possibility. In that scenario:

- Revive hat for 24 heroes (Jaguar/Hallowed) plus base skills from Edward/Fiora/Nya/Minh get you to 275 revive.
- Add in Necro Staves on heroes who can wear staves, but not bows (Francesca, Azula, Fiora, Minh, Nya) for another 75 revive (350 total).
- Add in five Archangel Gloves, for the remaining 50 revive. Slice the hero comps so that four teams have 100 revive across six members.

- Take an eye on the leader situation. Kuro will be the prime choice, after that it's about choice.
- Alicia is chosen because she carries energetic already.
- Kurul is a good choice, because he carries leader and you only need one piece of energetic gear on him.
- Edward and Gauvin are popular in high tier stuff because they don't lose slots on leader stuff, either.

- Make a Mistilteinn for Kuro, and one for Darthos if you choose to use him.
- Stack Speed Runner on the other heroes who lead (Volcanic Smashers/Night Spike/Demon's Blood).
- If you choose to use Phoenix Helmet, you'll need to make up that lost revive somewhere else.

- Fill remaining light glove slots with Midas Gloves.
- Fill all heavy glove slots with Valkyrie's Grips.
- Tally up support points; each team should have four to six (probably still overkill, with all the Valks).
- Add in Balmungs to push teams over the hump.

- Make Hallowed Caskets for all heroes who can wear them.
- Shoe slots should be devoted to Moon Boots and Moon Walkers, when not using the slot for leader.
- Get remaining heroes to 100% Energetic thru weapon or accessory slots (do not use Oiled Leather).

- Start stacking Magic Find. Mystic Vest every possible hero, Dragonfire Potions like crazy, etc.
- When that dries up, start stacking Detect Secrets. Elven Bows, Santa's Lists, Oracle Shields, etc.
- Once that is done, fill in remaining slots with Treasure Hunter, i.e. Gungnir, Primal Charm, Wyrm Horn.
- And then, Scavenger -- Primal Dagger, and so on.

- Once all that's done, there shouldn't be too many slots left, and it'll likely be overkill for current content, but start stacking power.
- Prioritize Aura of Protection and Protector stuff first (Holy Tunic comes to mind as usable).
- Items that increase power from equipped gear will be huge here as well.

This is all theoretical stuff -- at a minimum, heroes will be carrying 3-4 mythics each. It would take a massive investment in time and gems just to do this all yourself -- paying market rates, I don't even wanna think about what it would cost to put this together. There's a reason bloop runs just one team -- at some point it's better to sell the myths than "fuse to use".

I would put together a sample build based on this stuff, but I don't have excel so Aker's team builder (go use it if you can) isn't an option for me -- and the open office version is wonky. If someone gets really bored and wants to put this together, please be my guest.

Sorry for the long post.

Abqu
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Abqu » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:00 am

Okay so I threw together something based on the post above, it's probably riddled with mistakes and every team is over-supported probably, but here it is:

Abqu's Full Team Interpretation of Maybe What Could Be Best In Slot Almost Sorta Kinda
(it's the second tab, "Bis for now i guess? prolly not")

In that build, it would take 101 myths to complete as written.

VeNoM0619
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby VeNoM0619 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:38 pm

I gave it a quick look over, and found it interesting. Thanks Abqu
Darthos, I believe you would put on mystic vest + moon boots (with leader ring) choice being between DS and MF, I would say MF everytime.

Ronin
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Ronin » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:27 pm

Abqu wrote:Okay so I threw together something based on the post above, it's probably riddled with mistakes and every team is over-supported probably, but here it is:

Abqu's Full Team Interpretation of Maybe What Could Be Best In Slot Almost Sorta Kinda
(it's the second tab, "Bis for now i guess? prolly not")

In that build, it would take 101 myths to complete as written.

101 mythics is pretty overwhelming for someone looking for a place to start. Maybe you need a "Teambuilding 103 - Horns, Horns, Horns!" that does a similar thing as this guide, but geared towards horns

Topics:
1. Your first horn team (getting enough power)
2. Avoiding the 33 hour injury timer (100% revive team)
3. Optimizing with mythics (i.e., replacing 5% revive gears with 10% revive gears for more loot gear)
4. Building your own mythics (fusion strategies geared towards making lvl 40+ mythics)

Return to “Strategy & Guides”