appGoons City Planner and Data Pages

Share strategies, experience and tips & tricks.
HiredGoons
"Great" Mastery Member

appGoons City Planner and Data Pages

Postby HiredGoons » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:21 pm

I've put together a City Planner to help people decide what city unlocks they should invest towards next. If you enter the level of the buildings in your city it will display upcoming worker and hero level unlocks as well as upcoming hero skill unlocks with the costs to get there. It takes a second to enter all of the building levels but the page will remember them so you don't have to do it from scratch again.

http://appgoons.tk/shopheroes/planner

Other Pages:
Last edited by HiredGoons on Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop Heroes tools and game data - http://appgoons.tk/shopheroes

cc_Tadaaah
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: appGoons City Planner and Data Pages

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:26 am

Moved to Strategy and Guides!

Thanks for putting these together.

©TriMoon™
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby ©TriMoon™ » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:42 pm

Very nice, but i'm missing info on unlocks of Character Levels, can you add that functionality?
That way players who manually lock-down Heroes at certain levels, can plan better for increases in level of them.
And also plan better which worker to increase level first/easier.
These are much more usefull info as just ability to unlock some characters....
Well thats all for now, 3M

HiredGoons
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby HiredGoons » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:50 pm

Yah I have plans to add more intelligence to the city planner. Unlocked characters will show the cost to their next upgrade and what it gives them. I may also put in a city summary showing all current resource levels etc and also next resource/other building upgrades and rewards.

So far it doesn't seem to be very popular, perhaps it isn't very useful for most people or this forum area doesn't get much traffic so it might take a while to make it up the priority list.

gentimouton

Postby gentimouton » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:03 am

HiredGoons wrote:So far it doesn't seem to be very popular, perhaps it isn't very useful for most people or this forum area doesn't get much traffic so it might take a while to make it up the priority list.

City Planner tab: I like this: Kuro Shobi: Port 5 (15,000,000) <- Engineering School 25 (60,000,000) <- Trader's Square 25 (12,000,000) <- Market 30 (225,000,000) <- Town Hall 31 (124,997,000)
I would prefer if there was one table for workers, and one for heroes. Not both heroes and workers in the same table.
Also, unlocking a new worker is not very useful if that worker's level is capped at 5. So that may explain why the info about "unlocking" is only marginally useful. (Plus it's already on the wiki, just a bit less convenient)

The other tabs are more useless. Currently, your Buildings tab is exactly the same as the spreadsheet's. The Trade Value tab is not very useful because it's easy to figure that 30k-10% is greater than 10k+25%. And even if it were 15k-10% compared to 10k+25%, I don't need to do the math - I know it's not worth losing the XP for so little profit (if any).

Some use cases I'd like to see in a Shop Heroes helper:
* list of items I want to craft -> list of worker teams (I can filter manually by workers I have unlocked)
* current worker team -> how far I can push each line
* current worker team, bin levels, number of crafting slots, and items unlocked -> which items should I craft to maximize my profits? which items should I craft to optimize my resource usage? (cf Thid's resource thread)
* hero levels, dungeon levels, and number of quest slots -> hero teams to cover all slots, or teams to tackle a high-level dungeon
* hero levels -> for each equipment slot (weapon, body, head, arms, etc.), list items in an order ranging from best-in-slot to worst-in-slot (cutoff at 15% break chance?)

HiredGoons
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby HiredGoons » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:39 pm

You may notice the buildings page matches the spreadsheet because it was used to complete the spreadsheet ;) I find it easier to navigate but mostly it's just there so when the game patches the corrected data is available right away. Same for items if I make those pages.

Thanks for the feedback.

* Separating workers and heroes is worth some thought, it would make it harder to see what is closest based on cost then though.
* All your resource/worker optimization ideas sound pretty good
* A Hero Team Builder seems pretty useful but entering all the hero levels and their attack scores might be too much trouble for people

I tend to avoid tools that require a lot of data entry, such as entering a set of items then all your workers. It was a lot simpler in the Swords and Potions 2 Helper because it could automatically grab your shop state much more easily and use that to calculate personalize recommendations.

The Plan So Far:
* Continue work on the City Planner so it is useful after characters are unlocked
* Create Item Data pages - including all progress stages and item power
* Calculate Best in Slot (Epic Only / Legendary) for all heroes at all levels
* Perhaps calculate and highlight some high-utility recipes. E.g. high quality precrafts, items which have a high cost per rare, chest blueprints, package blueprints

Richard
Community Moderator

Postby Richard » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:14 pm

Sounds great! Loving the plans, and thanks for helping out with the spreadsheet too.
Kong: TheCongressman | Reddit: Zesty_Hamburger | In-Game: Richard#73188 | Shop Heroes Discord Server | Shop Heroes Data Spreadsheet

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:38 am

Hero team calculator would probably be too complicated because all the hero skills and possibly item skills involved.
I don't think the spreadsheet, wiki or any other place really lists the fine details of each skill yet, let alone list a "skill use strategy guide", right?
(we recently had topics like viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3900 and viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3887 because skills aren't completely clear to people)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

kakoi

Postby kakoi » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:35 am

hello goons! :D

Justin Waters
Community Moderator

Postby Justin Waters » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:30 pm

I've been fiddling with gamestats for some time now. Thought to share with you incase it gives you some insight into the tool you are designing.

Right now the spreadsheet provides the following information:
Posting Board - For city shop owners to better communicate without the current in-game limitations
City Investments - Investment Priorities, Worker/Hero Unlock tree, City Development Info
City Players - List of all players in the city. Place for them to record their data in a format that they can easily compare against others or use to interact with the calculators and directory.
Buildings - List of all building upgrade costs and levels.
Item Directory - Exhaustive statistical information with dynamic fields to fit each player's needs.
Crafting Calculator - A High functioning item crafting calculator. Calculates everything from workstation upgrade advising, crafting slots, rate requirements, and supports mixed crafting environment.
Player Blueprints - For more hardcore players who want to see their current progress and profit possibilities.
Item Pivot Table - Simple tool for leveraging the item directory to highlight specific items based on a set of criteria.
Chest Blueprints - List of all Chest Blueprints and their skills, fragment, level information.
Special Orders - List of current known special orders for better planning.
Fusion Cauldron - A current work in progress since changes to cauldron.
Hero Requests - A sheet to quickly see who can buy what and also for players to request specific gear for their hero within their city.
Misc Variables - Constantly changing and adding new data. Ties many of the sheets together.
PriceCheck - A simple quick calculator to determine which items to purchase for profit from the market. Also has an inventory value calculator below.

It can be copied, edited by the community only has limited protection for the formulas as some took several hours to create.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =667983666
FeebleTown [Ranked #63] Not Recruiting. | Mayor: FeebleShop#57863 <---ME :geek:
Shop Heroes Spreadsheet Admin // IT Consultant // Community Contributor
--[FeebleTown Info]--

Return to “Strategy & Guides”