Plans to stop Attrition

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
thepiratesheep

Plans to stop Attrition

Postby thepiratesheep » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:37 pm

Are there any plans in place to stop the stagnation of the game that is leading to attrition of some of the highest players in the game? In the past week or two, we’ve had two separate rank 150 and higher players quit the game due to no updates or plans for the future of the game.

The app itself in IOS hasn’t been updated in over 3 months, which is an eternity. And it’s not low level people leaving the game, it’s whales. People spending a bunch of money on every pack.

As players, how are we supposed to convince these players to stay, when CC hasn’t been able to convince them? These issues are in a top 10 city, with top players, and even they are abandoning the game

kls9087

Re: Plans to stop Attrition

Postby kls9087 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:20 pm

CC may be working on another game

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:13 am

I've made plenty of postings etc 9ver that last few months, discord and in game...so you are reaching quite a bit btw.

I dislike the call out bit but what you posted claim wise is very very far from the truth.

It's taken some time sure to get back on track and you'll get to see and read first hand shortly.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

atsiputes

Postby atsiputes » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:54 am

cc_Darkis wrote:I dislike the call out bit but what you posted claim wise is very very far from the truth.

so whats the truth then?
its hard to talk about truth cos we havnt heard any truth from u either. only suppressions if someone tries to look for truth

Buttersheep

Postby Buttersheep » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:02 pm

atsiputes wrote:
cc_Darkis wrote:I dislike the call out bit but what you posted claim wise is very very far from the truth.

so whats the truth then?
its hard to talk about truth cos we havnt heard any truth from u either. only suppressions if someone tries to look for truth

He's probably not allowed to state actual Active User metrics. I'll put on my Customer Support hat and take a guess at a translation: "Our rate of attrition is still within the expected range at this phase of the game. Additionally, our net-new users is actually still higher than the number of users that quit. This game is still growing and we plan for it to be around at least two more years"

thepiratesheep

Postby thepiratesheep » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:29 pm

cc_Darkis wrote:I've made plenty of postings etc 9ver that last few months, discord and in game...so you are reaching quite a bit btw.

I dislike the call out bit but what you posted claim wise is very very far from the truth.

It's taken some time sure to get back on track and you'll get to see and read first hand shortly.

First, I didn’t call out anyone in particular, just trying to get a grip on what’s going on. Yeah, in my experience, in the last two months, my city has lost 3 top 500 players, and another 2 top 150 players. One in their own words (not mine)
“The reason is I grew bored with the game CC stopped to care about and got tired of trademark posts: “patch next month, cant share anything specific” and then nothing for a year.”

The other thing I claimed was that the app hasn’t been updated in over three months. That’s just a fact. Unless I’m to believe the App Store is lying to me?

As for your postings, I went through your post history from this calendar year (3.5 months) and got one with any substance about updates, and it was summed up with “Cold War is a thing, and we are doing something with heroes and workers”.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9058&p=47773&sid=32aef90d4e8b70e0f907a1761307fdb2#p47773

If you’re saying that you’re making these statements in game, I haven’t seen them. It’s been admitted in the past the game has 0 good ways of announcing anything in the client, and the world chat has 10 lines of history, so if I wasn’t on when it was said, it’s gone to the winds.

If you have some grand announcement that you’re hiding in the discord, put it here and shut the damn message boards up. You have a fan base that just wants actual action on literally anything. Don’t lose it

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:00 pm

thepiratesheep wrote:
cc_Darkis wrote:I've made plenty of postings etc 9ver that last few months, discord and in game...so you are reaching quite a bit btw.

First, I didn’t call out anyone in particular, just trying to get a grip on what’s going on. Yeah, in my experience, in the last two months, my city has lost 3 top 500 players, and another 2 top 150 players. One in their own words (not mine)
“The reason is I grew bored with the game CC stopped to care about and got tired of trademark posts: “patch next month, cant share anything specific” and then nothing for a year.”

The other thing I claimed was that the app hasn’t been updated in over three months. That’s just a fact. Unless I’m to believe the App Store is lying to me?

As for your postings, I went through your post history from this calendar year (3.5 months) and got one with any substance about updates, and it was summed up with “Cold War is a thing, and we are doing something with heroes and workers”.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9058&p=47773&sid=32aef90d4e8b70e0f907a1761307fdb2#p47773

If you’re saying that you’re making these statements in game, I haven’t seen them. It’s been admitted in the past the game has 0 good ways of announcing anything in the client, and the world chat has 10 lines of history, so if I wasn’t on when it was said, it’s gone to the winds.

If you have some grand announcement that you’re hiding in the discord, put it here and shut the damn message boards up. You have a fan base that just wants actual action on literally anything. Don’t lose it

You'll see a nice long one next week that;s for sure. I try to make the rounds in all our platforms, try to push word out and then some. Folks always leave and join the game, just the nature of things and I can understand it's not a great time when you see if first hand that's impacting.

I'm taking action.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:00 am

Darn, reading between the lines of viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9227 to me almost sounds like them migrating away from Unity to another framework...
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

atsiputes

Postby atsiputes » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:58 am

Shiroe wrote:Darn, reading between the lines of http://forum.shopheroes.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9227 to me almost sounds like them migrating away from Unity to another framework...

why would they express such thing between lines instead of just writing about it? especialy after bragging about transparency or w/e.
every time i read their post i cant see anything esle that they think im complete i-diot and they will try to milk i-diot as long as they can
Last edited by atsiputes on Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Molly
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Molly » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:07 am

Shiroe wrote:Darn, reading between the lines of viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9227 to me almost sounds like them migrating away from Unity to another framework...

No. They strongly recommend to abandon the web-client and switch to normal native-clients (which not optimized, but works fine in sense of crashes).

I don't see anything between the lines. Straight and clear message.

Return to “General Discussion”