Plans to stop Attrition

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: Plans to stop Attrition

Postby Shiroe » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:14 am

Molly wrote:
Shiroe wrote:Darn, reading between the lines of viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9227 to me almost sounds like them migrating away from Unity to another framework...

No. They strongly recommend to abandon the web-client and switch to normal native-clients (which not optimized, but works fine in sense of crashes).

I don't see anything between the lines. Straight and clear message.

Well, to me it sounded kind of "Unity sucks, so we'd prefer to get rid of it, so there's not much point in trying to invest time/effort into applying more bandaids to the Unity WebGL version" .
The Unity Android version has also always been kind of a memory hog: on my 1Gbyte RAM tablet Shop Heroes from the start (mid 2015) has bounced somewhere between frustrating lag and taking 10 minutes to login, then 10 more minutes to lag through setting some quests, fuses, crafts and then crashing, while on my 1.5Gbyte RAM phone it's a good measure to kill apps before starting Shop Heroes to prevent the out-of-memory-killer from causing a bit of lag during gameplay. (with their wonky memory management, Google should never have certified android devices with less than 2 Gbyte RAM. :( )
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:20 pm

Shiroe wrote:
Molly wrote:
Shiroe wrote:Darn, reading between the lines of http://forum.shopheroes.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9227 to me almost sounds like them migrating away from Unity to another framework...

No. They strongly recommend to abandon the web-client and switch to normal native-clients (which not optimized, but works fine in sense of crashes).

I don't see anything between the lines. Straight and clear message.

Well, to me it sounded kind of "Unity sucks, so we'd prefer to get rid of it, so there's not much point in trying to invest time/effort into applying more bandaids to the Unity WebGL version" .
The Unity Android version has also always been kind of a memory hog: on my 1Gbyte RAM tablet Shop Heroes from the start (mid 2015) has bounced somewhere between frustrating lag and taking 10 minutes to login, then 10 more minutes to lag through setting some quests, fuses, crafts and then crashing, while on my 1.5Gbyte RAM phone it's a good measure to kill apps before starting Shop Heroes to prevent the out-of-memory-killer from causing a bit of lag during gameplay. (with their wonky memory management, Google should never have certified android devices with less than 2 Gbyte RAM. :( )

Solid point. Good news's is we have found some magic that might turn things around. We are not dropping support but was more or less, letting folks know there are some issues we just can not fix at this time.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Molly
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Molly » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:06 am

Shiroe wrote:Well, to me it sounded kind of "Unity sucks, so we'd prefer to get rid of it, so there's not much point in trying to invest time/effort into applying more bandaids to the Unity WebGL version" .

They said "At the moment we can't fix some issues in Web-Unity, but non-web-Unity works fine! Use it!" And yes, they didn't said, that 1gb-devices isn't enough for any Unity-version of the game (playable but not for long game sessions) and this issue can be fixed only by strong optimization...

Deanna

Postby Deanna » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:34 pm

Can we have an actual date for the day when announcement will be next week?
And why in meantime (no any updates & anything new in game for months) at least not to run 50% events or put gem packs on sale?

Ronin
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Ronin » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:07 pm

Deanna wrote:Can we have an actual date for the day when announcement will be next week?
And why in meantime (no any updates & anything new in game for months) at least not to run 50% events or put gem packs on sale?

It was supposed to be this week, wasn't it?

CC_Rain
Cloudcade Staff

Postby CC_Rain » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:16 pm

Ronin wrote:
Deanna wrote:Can we have an actual date for the day when announcement will be next week?

The week isn't over yet 8-)

Maydae
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Maydae » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:41 pm

CC_Rain wrote:
Ronin wrote:

The week isn't over yet 8-)

Seriously? :?

Tkshowers
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Tkshowers » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:45 pm

Attrition will be stopped by a series of promised announcements, followed by long silences punctuated by soons. Repeat.

Return to “General Discussion”