Small fixes wishlist

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Small fixes wishlist

Postby Shiroe » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:53 am

Small fixes wishlist, some client, some server:
- attempt #2 to get the fortuneteller back
- (display) fixes for upgraded fuse slots, fusion decoration effects etc.
- migrate pack start/stop dates from client to server, so a new/throwback pack can be put up at any time as long as its assets are available in the client
- facebook comment lists fixing mobile notification in the next 2 updates, which would be nice https://www.facebook.com/shopheroes/pos ... 22R5%22%7D
- city fix to make hostile takeovers for fame/crown jewels/building upgrades harder
- maybe a server-side tool to scan for cities having 10+ similarly named alts in them/and or 10+ in the same city connecting from the same IP address? (though the latter might false-positive on things like a student house all playing together in a city)
- if possible, make the networth display refresh more often at the low levels or refresh it from server for things like offering/requesting at tradehouse where the networth cap comes into play (gets a bit silly advising in world chat so often to relog to update their networth...)
- fix key buy/sell lockout to be consistent. Current situation is that before you opened enough of the related chest:
  • keys can't be offered up for sale
  • keys don't show on requests to be filled
  • keys don't show on offers to be bought
  • keys _can_ be requested
    If the reason for the lockout was to prevent new players from flipping the keys [they got from special orders, raid etc.] for big amounts of gold and/or to get newer players to open up more chests [using the keys], then the 3rd point, not showing them on offers, doesn't make too much sense.
    (right now all of selling and half of buying is blocked)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Tristanb

Re: Small fixes wishlist

Postby Tristanb » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:46 am

Shiroe wrote:- fix key buy/sell lockout to be consistent. Current situation is that before you opened enough of the related chest:
  • keys can't be offered up for sale
  • keys don't show on requests to be filled
  • keys don't show on offers to be bought
  • keys _can_ be requested
    If the reason for the lockout was to prevent new players from flipping the keys [they got from special orders, raid etc.] for big amounts of gold and/or to get newer players to open up more chests [using the keys], then the 3rd point, not showing them on offers, doesn't make too much sense.
    (right now all of selling and half of buying is blocked)

That one might actually be part of the code. I guess theres just part which decides whether an item can be seen in tradehouse or cant. Dont think they even made a split between offers and requests in the original, so it would probably be hard(ish) to make it consistent.

bowloftoast
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby bowloftoast » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:02 pm

Shiroe wrote:If the reason for the lockout was to prevent new players from flipping the keys [they got from special orders, raid etc.] for big amounts of gold and/or to get newer players to open up more chests [using the keys], then the 3rd point, not showing them on offers, doesn't make too much sense.

This is designed to force players to use gems only to open chests, before giving them access to keys from TH. This increases the probability of new players buying gems. No way on Earth they're going to reverse it.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:38 am

bowloftoast wrote:
Shiroe wrote:If the reason for the lockout was to prevent new players from flipping the keys [they got from special orders, raid etc.] for big amounts of gold and/or to get newer players to open up more chests [using the keys], then the 3rd point, not showing them on offers, doesn't make too much sense.

This is designed to force players to use gems only to open chests, before giving them access to keys from TH. This increases the probability of new players buying gems. No way on Earth they're going to reverse it.

? As I wrote, they _can_ request keys [for gems] on the tradehouse, so that's also spending gems to open chests.
It's just annoying having to explain again to each newer player "no, you can't see the keys to buy on offers until you've opened enough of the related chest, but you can request them for gems (for gold takes months) _if_ you are at least level 20".

(if their account isn't bugged into allowing gem use on tradehouse before that. Not too many below lvl 20 already concerned with chests and keys anyway, since they probably don't get too many of either before that.)

But I was trying to make a topic of smaller fixes that might be more useful/QoL improvements to many than a big project such as Cold War... ;)

Hmm, might be a bit harder "fix", but how could I forget:
- bringing over the tradehouse filters to cauldron and inventory...
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Ronin
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Ronin » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:10 pm

Shiroe wrote:Hmm, might be a bit harder "fix", but how could I forget:

I'd take this over just about anything else cc could provide.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:22 am

Ronin wrote:
Shiroe wrote:Hmm, might be a bit harder "fix", but how could I forget:

I'd take this over just about anything else cc could provide.

:D
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:23 am

bowloftoast wrote:

Wingdango. Nuff said.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

jeroti

Postby jeroti » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:32 am

This isn't really a fix, but I think it would be cool to be able to see lifetime stats on each hero. Things like # of quests attempted/completed, # of artifacts recovers, # of items broken, # of times injured. total time spent questing, total time spent injured, stuff like that. I'm guessing that there's nothing like that recorded, but I think it would be interesting to see.

Return to “General Discussion”