trade house: waiting for iron keys - update

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Catarina
"Good" Mastery Member

Re: trade house: waiting for iron keys - update

Postby Catarina » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:59 am

It was update in the end of December 2016. Before this - it was normal for waiting 3-4 month for keys.

At least, if the queue wasn’t mix - I’ll received my keys in August 17 as my friend. Or in December 17 as player this topic.

But they mix queue several times.

I play everyday for 722 days. I missed Daily-quest twice for this time. But I was online everyday. So, I didn’t miss the queue ;) but my time is evening :(

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:50 am

alanx wrote:Did this happen immediately after a server maintenance with update patch? As far as I know, update patch maintenance kind of causes the TH to reset and updates itself as people login. Same goes for the arena match-up system also. The TH autoregulates the trade offers by removing them out of the queue if the user is inactive. It places them back on their original location when they return. So its not impossible for you to experience a sudden upgrade in your queue but I would expect it to be shortlived. If you had a large set of requests and it partially got filled then stopped filling then that's a definite proof of this. If it is this case, then it isn't a bug. Its how things work here I guess...

As far as I know, tradehouse cleanup only happens if they specifically do that, not at every update that has maintenance.
Unless there's a sudden uptick in gold-priced request fills in the hours after cleanup maintenance ends, I doubt you'd grab more than maybe 1 or 2 keys if you'd login the second maintenance ends... The fact that a few percent of "dead" requests will disappear is probably way more significant to getting the keys.

Catarina wrote:It was update in the end of December 2016. Before this - it was normal for waiting 3-4 month for keys.

At least, if the queue wasn’t mix - I’ll received my keys in August 17 as my friend. Or in December 17 as player this topic.

The chest restrictions blocking newbies from selling keys was effectively more like a kill shot for an already dying key flip market.
Most of my personal experience was with leather keys, but in the months before december, those went from about 2 days turnaround to more than a month and would probably have hit half a year or more soon after, even without those restrictions.

We still have gem price inflation and we have fixed gem prices for opening chests, so at some point people just say "hey, based on the chest open prices, it would be reverent to further lower the gem price of keys to match the gem:gold rate of other items", so keys price themselves out of the market as a flip item.

edit: wait? Board filters don't allow you to type "stu_pid"?!? Darn you Tadaaah!
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Ronin
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Ronin » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:00 am

Mitrax wrote:I never bought any Key for Gold. Need 250 Keys for Magic Chest (when 10% will give me a recipe) to finish. There are a lot of ways to get the keys:

Based on my experience and various forum threads, Magic keys should be approximately 25% bp chance.

I needed nearby 2 years to gain the half of recipes. Thats not fast, you could be faster by combining all ways in a better way than me.
After Magic there is coming Dwarwish Chest and Primal Chest. So it will be done sooooonnn! :lol:

I'm slightly over 2 years of playing (with a multi-month period where I barely played at all) and have 8 primals left to acquire. From your list of ways to acquire keys, I'd say the "100 gems/day" to use on direct unlocking is way below what's possible. With a half-way decent money-print bp and effective use of cauldrons, you should be able to net a good 500/day between converting gold to gems and fusing stuff to sell for gems.

Mitrax
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Mitrax » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:48 pm

Ronin wrote:
Mitrax wrote:I never bought any Key for Gold. Need 250 Keys for Magic Chest (when 10% will give me a recipe) to finish. There are a lot of ways to get the keys:

Based on my experience and various forum threads, Magic keys should be approximately 25% bp chance.

I never had 25% BP Chance! It's nearby 10% :(

Ronin wrote:
Mitrax wrote:I needed nearby 2 years to gain the half of recipes. Thats not fast, you could be faster by combining all ways in a better way than me.
After Magic there is coming Dwarwish Chest and Primal Chest. So it will be done sooooonnn! :lol:

I'm slightly over 2 years of playing (with a multi-month period where I barely played at all) and have 8 primals left to acquire. From your list of ways to acquire keys, I'd say the "100 gems/day" to use on direct unlocking is way below what's possible. With a half-way decent money-print bp and effective use of cauldrons, you should be able to net a good 500/day between converting gold to gems and fusing stuff to sell for gems.

I told ya, I'm not fast to find BP. And 500 gems/day I dont get. My Cauldron only fuses wearables to my heroes. I dont sell them before teams are not 100% revive with best Energetic and Support. Maybe than it will be possible to gain much more than 500gems/day.

Regards
Mitrax

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:49 am

Mitrax wrote:
Ronin wrote:

I wonder if Ronin confused magic and primal. I think I'm probably at 10-15% for magic.
On the 2nd batch of primals added, Bloop and Abqu were 20-25% on their chest open spree.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Ronin
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Ronin » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:27 pm

Shiroe wrote:
Mitrax wrote:
Ronin wrote:Based on my experience and various forum threads, Magic keys should be approximately 25% bp chance.

I wonder if Ronin confused magic and primal. I think I'm probably at 10-15% for magic.
On the 2nd batch of primals added, Bloop and Abqu were 20-25% on their chest open spree.

20-25% +/- std. deviation has been in-line with all sufficiently sized data-sets for Magic, Dwarven, and Primal.

If magic chests were 10% (as we approximate bp chance for lower tier chests), the statistical likelihood of experiencing 20-30% over the course of 50+ magic unlocks to complete the tier (e.g., lionstar's posted results) should basically be nil.

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:56 am

Ronin wrote:
Shiroe wrote:I wonder if Ronin confused magic and primal. I think I'm probably at 10-15% for magic.

20-25% +/- std. deviation has been in-line with all sufficiently sized data-sets for Magic, Dwarven, and Primal.

If magic chests were 10% (as we approximate bp chance for lower tier chests), the statistical likelihood of experiencing 20-30% over the course of 50+ magic unlocks to complete the tier (e.g., lionstar's posted results) should basically be nil.

Hmm, looks like if I added up correctly I didn't do so bad the last while:

golden: 4 /50 (8%)
magic: 14 /55 (25%)
dwarvish: 12 /67 (18%)
primal: 2/7 (29%)

Though before that, I got at most 15% average on magic chests.

Ronin
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Ronin » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:39 am

Shiroe wrote:
Ronin wrote:
Shiroe wrote:I wonder if Ronin confused magic and primal. I think I'm probably at 10-15% for magic.

Hmm, looks like if I added up correctly I didn't do so bad the last while:

golden: 4 /50 (8%)
magic: 14 /55 (25%)
dwarvish: 12 /67 (18%)
primal: 2/7 (29%)

Though before that, I got at most 15% average on magic chests.

It should offer some comfort that your odds of being 10-15% on the tier overall ( if actual rate is 20% or 25%) are also astronomically low.

Return to “General Discussion”