trade house: waiting for iron keys - update

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Catarina
"Good" Mastery Member

Re: trade house: waiting for iron keys - update

Postby Catarina » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:33 pm

Shiroe wrote:order favoring newer accounts?!?

Yep, they say so.

Leggitte2

Postby Leggitte2 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:34 am

I just can't believe all of you are willingly wasting valuable trading slots for very little reward.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:37 am

Catarina wrote:

Yep, they say so.

Explain if you would be so kind :D
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:21 am

Leggitte2 wrote:I just can't believe all of you are willingly wasting valuable trading slots for very little reward.

Well, I hardly ever have all 9 trade slots filled (mostly only trying to quickly sell the raid keys/chests or after a bag+chest open spree), so I could easily have done it. I just never had enough gold to req 100 of anything higher than leather keys during the key flip frenzy...
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Kim!
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:39 am

There was a tradehouse cleanup in the past year, I wonder if that might've affected the ordering somehow? If the system was truly favoring new players again I don't think any of us would see a key for gold ever again ;)

Leggitte2 wrote:I just can't believe all of you are willingly wasting valuable trading slots for very little reward.

Curiosity more than anything else... rules changed and "how long could is possibly take?" turned into "huh, wonder how many years..." :P

Catarina
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Catarina » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:34 am

cc_Darkis wrote:
Catarina wrote:

Yep, they say so.

I wrote inside game a question to Support last winter and receive this explain to my problem with req for gold keys. And in chat I talk with people - they received the same answers. Some of them was in the same situation as me with req on different keys.

While we can’t see our number at auction- it is easy to change queue.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:42 pm

"Catarina"

Ah! Okay, I need to dig into what we can do as a solution..the waiting for a year + is just too much.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Kim!

Postby Kim! » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:05 pm

cc_Darkis wrote:Ah! Okay, I need to dig into what we can do as a solution..the waiting for a year + is just too much.

I wouldn't say the year long wait is necessarily a bad thing, it's kinda in the same vein as wondering why no one will sell us high level mythics for gold :P But what's frustrating is having no way to tell how close you are to getting them, especially when there are cases like Azbandar requesting months before me but mine getting filled first.

Anyway, I doubt dumping a few extra keys into the system would change much, we already have a consistent flow of wood-gold keys coming in from raid but most players know better than to sell them for gold. ;) And quite frankly I assume most of us who requested keys a year ago don't need to open those chests anymore, so the keys are just cheap gems when they do come in.

But it would be nice if there was a way too see how far from the front of the queue we are, for every offer/request. Then we'd be able to gauge how quickly it's filling, how many people have undercut our offer, and hopefully have a chance to notice if a long max gold request (like keys or precrafts) glitches out... instead of having to guess, wait it out, or rely on fuzzy metrics from other players.

Trisk

Postby Trisk » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:12 pm

it's purely a personal choice and do whatever makes you happy, but I can't understand why anyone would want to block up one or more of their trade slots for more than a year, just for some cheap gems on a key request for gold. I would imagine even infrequent use of that slot to buy/sell more liquid items in that trade slot would net you far more gems over the course of a year?

For myself, if I have requests that sit for more than a couple days, I cancel and try something else.

alanx

Postby alanx » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:10 pm

Catarina wrote:
cc_Darkis wrote:

I wrote inside game a question to Support last winter and receive this explain to my problem with req for gold keys. And in chat I talk with people - they received the same answers. Some of them was in the same situation as me with req on different keys.

While we can’t see our number at auction- it is easy to change queue.

Did this happen immediately after a server maintenance with update patch? As far as I know, update patch maintenance kind of causes the TH to reset and updates itself as people login. Same goes for the arena match-up system also. The TH autoregulates the trade offers by removing them out of the queue if the user is inactive. It places them back on their original location when they return. So its not impossible for you to experience a sudden upgrade in your queue but I would expect it to be shortlived. If you had a large set of requests and it partially got filled then stopped filling then that's a definite proof of this. If it is this case, then it isn't a bug. Its how things work here I guess...

Return to “General Discussion”