Holiday packs

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Brad

Holiday packs

Postby Brad » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:40 pm

Is there a list anywhere of all the packs that have come out?

Is there anyway to get them now that the time has passed? I was hoping they would be out at season appropriate times, but there seems to be more than one pack associated with some holidays. So, for example, I can make Starry Shields, but not Patriot Vests.

Someone said contacting customer support was an option, but I sent an email months ago, and never heard back.

Tethys
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: Holiday packs

Postby Tethys » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:24 pm

Hi, the only way is to get them during a throwback event, during the holidays if they are available or via support. As the other two options aren't available at the moment, you're only choice would be going through support.

You can contact support via the link in my signature.

Tethys.
Need to contact the support team? Follow this link to do so: https://cloudcade.helpshift.com/a/shop-heroes/

Lp08

Postby Lp08 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:26 pm

I've had success contacting support from within the game. To speed it up, buy gem packs worth the packages you want to buy (usually $15 USD each in US), and don't spend them, of course. Then contact support and let them know what packages you want, and they will swap out the gems for you. I have usually gotten a response within 48 hours.

Cloudcade have said in the past that they reserve the right to stop this service at any time if it begins to overwhelm the support team.

EDIT: Tethys beat me to it.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:28 pm

Brad wrote:Is there a list anywhere of all the packs that have come out?

Well, if you just want to know the skills, item slots and needed qualities of the blueprints, you could look at the http://bit.ly/shopheroes spreadsheet.
If you want to know all the decorations, shopkeeper customizations etc too, then right now trawling through all the update release notes in the news & announcements forum would probably be the only way, since I don't think the wiki has been updated on packages beyond about the first 5 or something like that. :(

Is there anyway to get them now that the time has passed? I was hoping they would be out at season appropriate times, but there seems to be more than one pack associated with some holidays. So, for example, I can make Starry Shields, but not Patriot Vests.

Someone said contacting customer support was an option, but I sent an email months ago, and never heard back.

Yes, contacting support right now is the only way. They should then tell you the gem equivalent to buy, after which they remove those gems and swap it for the pack's contents.)

(first year of release there was 1 new pack per holiday, 2nd year there were 2 new packs per holiday and a re-release of previous year's holiday pack, then update schedule became erratic which makes it harder to have new or old holiday-appropriate packs out, since it kind of seems pack start and end dates are (still) hardcoded into client updates.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

alanx
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby alanx » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:34 pm

@Tethys, @Darkis,
We’ve missed Christmas pack, winter pack, Chinese New Year pack, Valentine’s Day pack since the last update.
What’s the current roadmap for the holiday packs?

Tethys
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Tethys » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:53 pm

There are still plans for holiday packages but currently the teams are focusing primarily on the next update. Due to how the package system works in Shop Heroes, it takes quite a bit of developer resources to implement new ones and for us to bring back old ones.
Need to contact the support team? Follow this link to do so: https://cloudcade.helpshift.com/a/shop-heroes/

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:25 am

Tethys wrote:Due to how the package system works in Shop Heroes, it takes quite a bit of developer resources to implement new ones and for us to bring back old ones.

I read that between the lines as "Darn it. Package start/end dates are hardcoded into the client, so we would have to jump through all the update release hoops just to put out some throwback packs"... ;-P
(I'm sure plenty wouldn't mind if you go for a smaller update fixing bugs and such legacy quirks before continuing with a new content update.
PS: when either of those types of update arrives, can the tradehouse get a fix/cleanup again to get rid of negative start number (instead of zero) cases and requests/offers of dead accounts that won't log back in after the update?)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Tethys
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Tethys » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:45 am

Shiroe wrote:I read that between the lines as "Darn it. Package start/end dates are hardcoded into the client, so we would have to jump through all the update release hoops just to put out some throwback packs"... ;-P

Yeah... unfortunately it's a bit more involved than just that. I'll see what can be done about the TH issues but I believe we've already marked it down as something to be done when the update drops. As for the smaller update suggestion, I'll talk to Darkis to see if we can give a bit of insight into why something like that isn't always in the realm of possibilities.

On another note: We should have a proposed event schedule up later today, we're still discussing some possible changes to it that will incorporate more of the feedback we were given and trying to make it a bit easier for players to understand. I'll also be posting the Valentines contest winners today and those rewards should be credited by the end of the week (sorry on the delay).

Brad

Postby Brad » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:18 pm

Sorry for the trouble:

I sent in the ticket, got a reply, but nothing more when I responded "yes,please."

Sent in another ticket in case I made a mistake and the reply didn't go through, have heard nothing back.

Tethys
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Tethys » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:00 pm

Sorry to hear that Brad. Please message Darkis on the forums and he should get everything sorted out for you.

Return to “General Discussion”